Elite Dangerous update 1.56 (Horizons Update) is now available to download on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Elite Dangerous 1.56 patch notes, the latest update brings a long list of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Apart from this, today’s Elite Dangerous PS4 version 1.56 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major update was released with new changes and quality of life improvements. Recently, a minor hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing a number of issues. Today’s Elite Dangerous patch 1.56 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Elite Dangerous 1.56 Patch Notes – September 22, 2021
- Increased module and bookmark storage.
- Commanders can now enjoy an increase in module and bookmark storage
- Limit of 200 each.
- The increase limit only applies for personal bookmarks. The Squadron bookmark limit has not been changed.
- An issue has been fixed with how damage is applied to Thargoids in order to fix Thargoid Hearts appearing to become invincible.
- Fancy a bit more info on this? Damage was being applied to the local space of the Thargoid, but each client was rotating the Thargoid locally (like, each player’s personal session of the game), so it would have hearts in different places. Amazing really!
- Previously Player A could shoot thargoid heart but Player B (authority) would register that it didn’t hit the heart and thus apply no damage.
- Addressed a bug where an incorrectly rotated tunnel section within an installation.
- Addressed a bug where a tower clipping into buildings at Horizons bases.
- Module UI now updates to accurately show when a heatsink has been re-armed, along with cockpit UI.
- Addressed a bug where the data link reticule, which sometimes appeared to be the incorrect colour when players targeted a scannable asset in analysis mode.
- Data link and composition scanner reticules are now distinguishable from each other in analysis mode – the composition scanner reticule has been flipped to display vertically.
- Addressed a bug where the SRV not being able to fire after ammo synthesis.
- When hiding the UI in the livery preview, the name of the equipped paintjob will no longer be hidden as well.
- Addressed a bug where a floating pipe that popped up at some planet ports.
- Spanish character Ñ will now appear in nameplate/ID for ships.
- Addressed a bug where Powerplay modules not having the ‘buy back option’.
- Addressed a bug where Scavengers that would occasionally clip through the ground at Thargoid sites.
- Addressed a bug where a missing text string in the HIP 15609 system.
- Addressed a bug where Super Power promotions, where they were not always being reported in the UI at the same time as the inbox message arriving.
- Addressed a bug where Thargoid site doors opening at incorrect times for players.
- Addressed a bug where Ship Launched Fighter kills counting towards CZ progress.
- Addressed a bug where hyperspace break sometimes not working for Supercruise Assist module.
- The analysis mode reticule for the data link will no longer persist onscreen after the SRV stows it’s turret, or in the ship UI when the player re-boards.
- Fixes for multiple typos throughout the game in general have been addressed.
- Addressed a bug where some materials that were displaying incorrect rarity or grades.
- Overlapping text in the Commander Stats UI has been fixed.
- Addressed a bug where repair limpets not repairing the correct consistent amount on ships with damage regions (e.g. Anaconda).
- Addressed a bug where defending captains in space conflict zones awarding combat bonds from the opposing faction.
- Fixed intermittent hang on exiting the game
- Squadrons UI – Fixed filters navigation not being reset
- Fix for misaligned assets at Research Base
- Fix CQC ranks above Elite being displayed incorrectly.
- The process where control of a starsystem is lost by revolt now correctly accounts for income already provided to competing control systems.
- Income values have been updated for many control systems so they’re the sum of their own income PLUS all the systems they currently exploit (note: this will need a table of powers, starsystems and CC numbers for the forums with plenty of notice for players to react).
Download free Elite Dangerous version 1.56 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.