Elite Dangerous update 1.43 is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Elite Dangerous 1.43 changelog, the latest June update brings new changes, tweaks, and bug fixes. Apart from this, the Elite Dangerous version 1.43 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a major January update was released with new changes and quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, many players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Elite Dangerous patch 1.43 is expected to fix these issues.
Check out more details below.
What’s new in Elite Dangerous 1.43 (June Update)?
- Fleet Carriers are massive ships used as a mobile base of operations, offering multiple landing pads and various services.
- Fleet Carriers cost 5 billion credits.
- Players can purchase a Fleet Carrier from starports with a Carrier Vendor contact.
- Fleet Carriers come with 16 landing pads, 8 large, 4 medium and 4 small.
- Fleet Carrier owners can manage docking permissions to determine who can land on their Fleet Carrier.
- Fleet Carriers can jump up to 500ly.
- Fleet Carriers use the new commodity, Tritium, to perform a jump.
- Owners can install a variety of services on a Fleet Carrier to support their play style.
- Fleet Carriers have a weekly upkeep cost which must be maintained to keep the carrier running.
- Fleet Carriers have player controlled commodity markets which the owner can use to buy and sell goods.
- Fleet Carrier owners can also set tariffs on some of the services they offer to help pay their running costs.
- Fleet Carriers can be customised, similar to regular ships, with items bought with ARX.
- Players will now receive ARX for killing scavengers.
- The Discovery Scanners full system scan SFX no longer triggers in the store.
- Fixed the issue which would cause the damage alarm in Guardian Fighters to get stuck on a loop.
- Fixed the missing sound on a Large AX Multicannon.
- Fixed some missing voice over when requesting to dock.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
- Added the Gamescom Prize to rename “Wregoe WF-F d11-30” to “Cheltojo System GC19”.
- Corrected data for HIP83701 to show its population in the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue that caused System Authority ships to be found in Supercruise in anarchy systems.
- The Beluga Liner and Cobra Mk IV can no longer be selected in the Livery unless the player has the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed the “Tail 4” part of the Federal Gunship Ship Kit so that it aligns with the ship.
- Fixed the worn paint on the Diamondback Explorer Ship Kit pieces.
- Fixed the Krait Phantom Thruster that was being obstructed by Ship Kit piece, Tail 1.
- Added the ability to queue for CQC matchmaking from in-game. When you find a match you will be prompted to join.
- Fixed a crash which could sometimes occur when entering Multicrew.
- Fixed an occasional crash that would happen after the Multicrew report screen.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when attempting to accept two Multicrew invites.
- Elite Dangerous 1.43 fixed a crash triggered by accessing the Power Play interface while in Hyperspace.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the Role Switch Panel was accessed in CQC.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the Livery after using a Fighter.
- Visited stars cache data will no longer be lost if the game crashes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the game to stutter in areas of the galaxy with a high density of stars.
- Elite Dangerous version 1.43 improved network performance of NPC Fighters and ships to reduce network lag.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that occurred when attempting to load back into an AX Conflict Zones in close proximity to an Asteroid Belt.
- Elite Dangerous patch 1.43 fixed an issue which could cause Conflict Zones to end abruptly.
- Fixed the bug that occasionally wouldn’t register your choice when picking a side.
- Fixed the issue where objectives were missing when dropping into Conflict Zones.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC Crew could stop responding to orders in Anti-Xeno Conflict Zones.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes stopped NPC Fighters being deployed.
- Locations discovered using the DSS will now be listed in the System Map correctly after returning to a system.
- Fixed an issue which could cause discoveries in the Codex to show the wrong image.
- Fixed a problem which could cause Surface Data to generate in the background at such a low priority that it would stop.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when accessing the Codex while in the Shipyard, input would still be passed through causing players to accidentally sell ships.
- Fixed a softlock where it was possible to select two contacts in your Contacts List when using a gamepad and keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that stopped some Multicrew messages from being deleted from the inbox.
- Fixed the issue where occasionally the player could lose access to the Main Menu Chat Panel.
- Elite Dangerous update 1.43 added the targeting schematics for Imperial Capital ships.
- Combat Aftermath scenarios now have a variety of ships, not always an Anaconda.
- Agronomic Treatment is now shown under the Chemicals section of the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue where the inbox would incorrectly display 1 unread message even if they had all been read.
- Fixed a bug where players would drop out of Supercruise too close to starports.
- Added the missing text at the Technology Broker unlock screen for the Thargoid Interceptor Bobblehead.
- Elite Dangerous update 1.43 fixed an overlapping text issue on the Mission board in Russian.
- System State names now wrap onto a second line to avoid localised text being cut off.
- Fixed localisation of Tourist Beacon text in Portuguese.
- Fixed a grammar issue in Reputation Change inbox message.
- Updated titles for NPCs.
- Elite Dangerous 1.43 fixed an unlocalised “Signals Detected” message that was displayed when scanning bodies.
- Fixed a cut off string in the Kick Player pop-up.
- Added missing text for damaged Megaships in the Navigation Panel.
- Crime Victim Data is now localised in the Player Journal
- Added a fix for Crystalline Clusters falling through the floor.
- Implemented a fix that will stop Core Mining Fragments from penetrating into Asteroids.
- The ‘Total Units Needed’ will now update in the Commodity Market as Collect Missions progress.
- Delivery Mission Cargo is now marked as ‘Mission Specific’ to prevent the Commodity Market showing the commodity as mission required.
- Elite Dangerous 1.43 added a MissionAccepted event in the Player Journal for missions obtained outside of the Mission Board (eg Palin’s mission).
- Corrected some misleading mission text which implied that Retreat Missions would help a Faction leave a system, which was the exact opposite of what was happening. These now indicate that Retreat Missions might prevent a retreat.
- Added depot support to Solo mining missions.
- Fixed the issue which caused the Gunner Role to lose control of Weapon Turrets after entering or exiting a location.
- Fixed an issue which meant subsequent Mulitcrew invites would not work, and would incorrectly show if a player did not have the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Conflict Zones spawning ships if a Multicrew player was present.
- Added in a fix for Multicrew players being disconnected after dropping out of Supercruise.
- Elite Dangerous 1.43 increased the chance of players meeting previously encountered players when revisiting systems in a session.
- Players can now block any player, not just friends or pending friends.
New Player Experience
- Players won’t be asked to target an enemy ship if they already have it targeted.
- Fixed the issue which incorrectly told players they were leaving the test area when they weren’t.
- Fixed an issue where System Authority Ships could jump into the combat tutorial.
- Fixed the Intro Tutorial’s Sidewinder sometimes displaying 119/120 cargo capacity.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the tunnel section in the intro tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the SRV tutorial which could cause the player to get stuck if they land too quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the game didn’t always register when players flew through the first check point.
- Elite Dangerous patch 1.43 reduced mass of the size 1 Meta Alloy Hull Reinforcement Package.
- Fixed an issue where after applying synthesis on the Advanced Multicannon, the synthesis would be removed when you used the Advanced Maintenance to restock any other Modules (Mines/AFMU etc.).
- Added a fix to stop starport interiors from picking up light from stars.
- Fixed the visible line in the Millky Way.
- Elite Dangerous version 1.43 fixed a small graphical error on exterior of the Beluga Liner.
- Fixed an issue on the Viper MK IV which meant the paint work could never be fully repaired.
- Fixed a small graphical error on the exterior of the Orca.
- Elite Dangerous 1.43 added a fix for Squadron applications that were still showing after being accepted/declined.
- Fixed a broken terrain issue at some Thargoid Ruins sites.
- Fixed Thargoid Interceptors not using their special weapons when near a Planet’s Surface.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop players being credited correctly for participating in a Thargoid Interceptor kill.
- Total Ships Restocked stat is now correctly updated.
- Improved fleet carrier navigation around locations like White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, certain rings and close orbits.
- Fixed timer on decommissioning Fleet Carriers.
- Squadron bookmarks made for a Fleet Carrier location now move with the Carrier when it jumps.
- Fixed an issue on the System Map where if selecting a destination with other Fleet Carriers present, multiple Fleet Carriers would display the jump icon.
- Carrier can no longer spawn in Permit Locked systems when initially spawned.
- Fixed an issues with commodities not being visible in carrier commodity board or black market screens after being transferred to a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed Fleet Carrier Codex stats for commodities imported/exported being the wrong way around.
- Stored ship icons now move with Fleet Carrier when it jumps.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to earn credits by selling to their own Fleet Carrier while in a Wing.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the cargo transfer screen to overlap the other cockpit panels.
- Added salvaged commodities to list of items that can be transferred to a Fleet Carrier via the Cargo Transfer Panel.
- Added option to directly enter the number of credits to transfer to Fleet Carriers budget.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the ‘Cancel Docking’ option to persist after docking on Fleet Carrier.
- Added a new icon for decommissioned Fleet Carriers on the System Map.
- Inbox message notifying the player that their transferred ship has arrived will now arrive at the same time as the ship, rather than being sent instantly.
- The docking menu quick action options (refuel, repair, etc) will now not work if the player has anonymous access.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some Hardpoints from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a problem that would sometimes prevent selling a commodity on the Fleet Carrier’s Secure Market.
- Fixed an issue when changing a commodity directly from ‘buy’ to ‘sell’ or vice versa.
- Changed Codex Stats to record the full value of vouchers redeemed at the Redemption Office.
- Added the Fleet Carrier Administration Service to more star systems near Colonia.
Download free Elite Dangerous update 1.43 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.