Elden Ring update 1.09 patch notes are now available for PS4, PC, and Xbox players. According to the official Elden Ring 1.09 patch notes, the latest update added resolves various issues and added gameplay optimizations. Apart from this, Elden Ring patch 1.09 also includes stability improvements.
Previously, a major update 1.05 added new changes, fixes, and improvements. Recently, update 1.06 and hotfix 1.07 were released with some minor changes. Unfortunately, players are still facing issues with the game. Today’s Elden Ring version 1.09 will fix a few of these issues.
Related: List of all Elden Ring Bugs and Known Issues.
Table of Contents
Elden Ring 1.09 Patch Notes – March 23, 2023
- Added Ray Tracing support for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC versions.
- Ray Tracing can be activated in the settings menu:
- PS5 / XSX: Game Options -> Ray Tracing
- PC: Graphics -> Ray Tracing Quality
- Performance may be impacted while playing with Ray Tracing on.
- Minimum and recommended technical specifications can be found at the end of the patch notes.
PvP Exclusive balance adjustments:
- Inescapable Frenzy incantation power and grab angle increased.
- Lifesteal Fist skill power, range, and grab angle increased.
- Two-handed jumping attacks power decreased.
- Heavy and heavy running attacks of Fist and Claw weapon types power decreased.
- Founding Rain of Stars spell power decreased.
- Terra Magica spell enhancement effect decreased.
- Wave of Gold skill damage and poise damage decreased when hitting an opponent over a certain distance.
- Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve skills effectiveness decreased.
- Contagious Fury skill of the Jellyfish Shield effects decreased.
- Claw Talisman effectiveness decreased.
- Lord of Blood’s Exultation Talisman effectiveness decreased.
- White Mask head armor attack power buff granted decreased.
- Raptor’s Black Feathers armor jumping attack damage buff granted decreased.
- Magic Shrouding Cracked Tear, Flame-Shrouding Cracked Tear, Lightning-Shrouding Cracked Tear, and Holy-Shrouding Cracked Tear damage buff gameplay granted decreased when activated with the Flask of Wondrous Physick.
General Balance Adjustment:
- Added invincibility window when respawning in the colosseum.
- Increased attribute scaling for certain weapon infusions with Magic/Fire/Flame Art/Lightning/Sacred and Colossal Sword/Great Axe/Hammer/Flail/Great Hammer/Colossal Weapon.
- Improved speed, range, and recovery time for some attacks of Great Hammer/Great Axe/Great Sword/Curved Greatsword and Flail weapons.
- Increased poise when using two-handed attacks with Flail weapons.
- Increased running attack speed and reduced attack recovery time for Straight Sword/Curved Sword/Katana/Twinblade Sword/Axe/Hammer/Halberd.
- Increased first attack speed for Straight Sword/Curved Sword/Whip.
- Increased guard counters speed for Straight Sword/Great Sword/Colossal Sword/Great Curved Sword/Katana/Twinblade Sword/Axe/Great Axe/Flail/Great Hammer/Spear/Great Spear/Halberd.
- Reduced attack recovery time for Whip weapons.
- Increased Claw weapons damage.
- Great Club now has Holy damage and Faith scaling.
- Increased damage negation when blocking Holy damage and decreased when blocking damage from other affinities.
- Increased Twinblade Talisman effectiveness.
- Slightly reduced rolling travel distance for light equipment weights.
- Decreased hitbox size for some attacks of Thrusting Sword/Heavy Thrusting Sword/Spear/Great Spear/Halberd.
Ashes of War Adjustments:
- Increased Lifesteal Fist target grab range.
- Increased Surge of Faith projectile generation speed.
- Improved Flame Spit guard speed and blocking amount, and adjusted the angle of the fireball.
- Improved Tongues of Fire guard speed and blocking amount.
- Increased Great Oracular Bubble projectile generation speed and reduced recovery time.
- Reduced time before rolling is possible after using Viper Bite skill.
- Increased close range poise damage of Shriek of Milos.
- Increased Spearcall Ritual projectile generation speed.
- Increased Cursed-Blood Slash projectile generation speed and reduced recovery time.
- Reduced Gold Breaker recovery time.
- Increased I Command Thee, Kneel! attack
- Fixed issues with the Scarlet rot status buildup when giving certain weapons a Cold or Blood affinity.
- Addressed unexpected Physical attack scaling for some attacks of the Partisan, Death Ritual Spear, and Lucerne.
- Corrected the Nightrider Glaive’s impact on horseback attack damage.
- Resolved problems with charged attacks not being properly boosted for the Duelist Greataxe and Rotten Greataxe.
- Fixed a bug where the Roar Medallion Talisman effect did not increase the power of certain incantations.
- Corrected a bug that reduced the effectiveness of some skills while under the Golden Vow effect.
- Fixed issues related to left-handed and right-handed weapon casting and the resulting skill power and critical hit power.
- Addressed unintentional status build-ups for some Weapon Skills.
- Fixed issues related to camera positioning and kill credit in the Colosseum.
- Improved matchmaking stability and level correction when using the Phantom Bloody Finger.
- Addressed several performance and multiplayer stability issues.
- Resolved a bug that caused the game to crash when using the Finger Severer on summoned NPCs while offline.
Ray Tracing Technical Specifications
|Operating System: Windows 10||Operating System: Windows 11|
|Processor: Intel Core i5-10600K or AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT||Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT|
|Memory: 16 GB RAM||Memory: 16 GB RAM|
|Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, 12 GB||Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT, 16 GB|
|Recommended Graphics Setting: 1080p – Low quality – Low Ray Tracing||Recommended Graphics Setting: 1080p – High quality – High Ray Tracing|
Download free Elden Ring update 1.09 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.