The Cycle Frontier update 1.3.8 is rolling out on PC(Steam). According to the official The Cycle patch notes, the latest update brings a bunch of fixes and changes to the game. Apart from this, Cycle patch 1.3.8 also includes general stability and performance improvements.
The Cycle Frontier game server are down for maintenance. Check The Cycle Frontier server status here.
Previously, a major update resolved various issues related to SMSs, Shotguns, power progression, autoloading crafting and more. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s The Cycle patch 1.3.8 will address a few of these errors. Read more details here.
The Cycle Patch 1.3.8 Notes – July 20, 2022
Update: The game devs are looking into the issue with The Cycle error cod 6 and “Matchmaking Error”.
- We have reduced some of the PVP mission requirements.
- Kills required in the adjusted missions now require 1 or 2 fewer victims.
- A similar change to PvE: we have tweaked some of the numbers for mid and late-game hunting missions.
- Epic Shield: Reduced Smart Mesh and Hardened Bone Plates requirement from 3 to 2.
- Laser Drill Beacon: Reduced Smart Mesh requirement from 4 to 2.
- After further analyzing our data on PvP encounters, the maximum number of players active on an instance has been reduced by 1, for both maps.
- We have tinkered with our matchmaking to protect fresh players better and to increase the challenge for good squad players. This adjustment will also slightly adjust the experience for good solo players.
- We’ve given Jeff, our beloved Marauder, a brand-new attack. Watch out for his antics.
- Players in the tutorial will now wear blue armor instead of green armor. A dead recruit isn’t a great recruit after all.
- Bulldog: Increased spread by 30%.
- Advocate: Reworked the recoil pattern.
- Horizontal recoil does not go back and forth like a feral animal anymore.
- Kor-47: Reduced initial vertical recoil. Vertical recoil is more consistent.
- ASP Flechette Gun: Reduced horizontal recoil. Vertical recoil is slightly increased for the second half of the magazine.
- Voltaic Brute: Reduced horizontal recoil. Vertical recoil is slightly increased for the second half of the magazine.
Some additional words from our Creative Director Daze on the state of balancing:
- If you have higher-tier gear, you are significantly more likely to win a fight…
- …but not by so much that a player with grey gear has zero chance even when outsmarting their opponent
- Late-game players do take their top-tier gear into raids…
- …but not always (we do not want it to be a no-brainer either)
- We have fixed an exploit in the final area of the Crusher Caverns.
- Fixed some specific cases where the audio profile of a player did not reset when exiting a cave.
- Addressed a bug where a Crusher’s projectile would just remain stuck on them after being shot in their weak spot. The pain dishing will resume appropriately.
- Addressed a bug with the pathfinding of Striders. They finally learned to read a map.
- Addressed a bug that would appear when skipping Tech Tree upgrades.
- Addressed a bug where sounds just disappeared, like the cries of a helpless Prospector lost in the vacuum of space.
- Improved server performance and applied a fix for server crashes. Your overall experience should be smoother now.
- A couple more fixes were applied previously, so just in case you’ve missed them:
- Players who owned the Ronin in the previous version of the game will now have access to all their outfit pieces.
- Players who owned the Troublemaker in the previous version of the game will now have access to all their outfit pieces.
- After reviewing our data, we have reduced some detection thresholds for our internal anti-cheat measures. Reducing these thresholds means the security gets tightened.
- The Biker Queen image shows black hair, though she has white hair.
- A Player Quarter upgrade may take longer than expected, this can take up to 24h longer than usual.
- We have changed the Player Support tool in the game already, but it is currently not possible to send us tickets on the website.
Download free The Cycle update 1.3.6 on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox.