Sony Sant Monica is now rolling out a new God Of War patch 1.0.9 for Steam players. According to the official God of War 1.0.9 patch notes, the latest update resolves various memory-related issues. Apart from this, today’s God Of War update 1.0.9 also includes a fix for AMD GPU performance issues.
Unfortunately, some players are still reporting issues with the game. Today’s God Of War update 1.09 will address a few of these issues.
God of War 1.0.9 Patch Notes – March 23, 2022
- You can now configure Aiming and Blocking as a toggle instead of a hold.
- Now you can enable Triple Buffering to reduce micro-stutters at the cost of a minor latency increase.
- A new GPU memory usage added in the video settings to aid performance troubleshooting.
Related: God Of War PC Save file location.
- Memory values will now be detected properly when using integrated graphics.
- Crashes will no longer occur if a GPU reports invalid memory values.
- Some gameplay systems will no longer cause intermittent crashes.
- Implemented small object culling to help reduce the number of objects being processed by the CPU.
Developed in response to recurring AMD performance issues, this change should improve minimum framerates in scenes where there are many objects on-screen. During our testing, we saw an average 20% improvement in frametimes above the 95th percentile.
To those not experiencing instances of major framerate drops, please note that this change will not result in a significant improvement to graphical performance.
God of War PC Patch 1.0.9 Known Issue
AMD Shader Caching
There are framerate reductions when shaders were accessed for the first time. A future patch will fix this issue.
Download free God Of War patch 1.09 on PC.