Elite Dangerous update 1.56 released on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Elite Dangerous 1.56 patch notes, the latest update added various changes and bug fixes. Apart from this, the Elite Dangerous PS4 version 1.56 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major update was released with new changes and quality of life improvements. Recently, a minor hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, many players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Elite Dangerous version 1.56 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Elite Dangerous Patch 1.56 Notes
- Increased module and bookmark storage.
- Commanders can now enjoy an increase in module and bookmark storage
- Limit of 200 each.
- The increase limit only applies for personal bookmarks. The Squadron bookmark limit has not been changed.
- An issue has been fixed with how damage is applied to Thargoids in order to fix Thargoid Hearts appearing to become invincible.
- Fancy a bit more info on this? Damage was being applied to the local space of the Thargoid, but each client was rotating the Thargoid locally (like, each player’s personal session of the game), so it would have hearts in different places. Amazing really!
- Previously Player A could shoot thargoid heart but Player B (authority) would register that it didn’t hit the heart and thus apply no damage.
- A fix has been implemented for an incorrectly rotated tunnel section within an installation.
- A fix has been implemented for a tower clipping into buildings at Horizons bases.
- Module UI now updates to accurately show when a heatsink has been re-armed, along with cockpit UI.
- A fix has been implemented for the data link reticule, which sometimes appeared to be the incorrect colour when players targeted a scannable asset in analysis mode.
- Data link and composition scanner reticules are now distinguishable from each other in analysis mode – the composition scanner reticule has been flipped to display vertically.
- A fix has been implemented for the SRV not being able to fire after ammo synthesis.
- When hiding the UI in the livery preview, the name of the equipped paintjob will no longer be hidden as well.
- A fix has been implemented for a floating pipe that popped up at some planet ports.
- Spanish character Ñ will now appear in nameplate/ID for ships.
- A fix has been implemented for Powerplay modules not having the ‘buy back option’.
- A fix has been implemented for Scavengers that would occasionally clip through the ground at Thargoid sites.
- A fix has been implemented for a missing text string in the HIP 15609 system.
- A fix has been implemented for Super Power promotions, where they were not always being reported in the UI at the same time as the inbox message arriving.
- A fix has been implemented for Thargoid site doors opening at incorrect times for players.
- A fix has been implemented for Ship Launched Fighter kills counting towards CZ progress.
- A fix has been implemented for hyperspace break sometimes not working for Supercruise Assist module.
- The analysis mode reticule for the data link will no longer persist onscreen after the SRV stows it’s turret, or in the ship UI when the player re-boards.
- Fixes for multiple typos throughout the game in general have been addressed.
- A fix has been implemented for some materials that were displaying incorrect rarity or grades.
- Overlapping text in the Commander Stats UI has been fixed.
- A fix has been implemented for repair limpets not repairing the correct consistent amount on ships with damage regions (e.g. Anaconda).
- A fix has been implemented for defending captains in space conflict zones awarding combat bonds from the opposing faction.
- Fixed intermittent hang on exiting the game
- Squadrons UI – Fixed filters navigation not being reset
- Fix for misaligned assets at Research Base
- Fix CQC ranks above Elite being displayed incorrectly.
- The process where control of a starsystem is lost by revolt now correctly accounts for income already provided to competing control systems.
- Income values have been updated for many control systems so they’re the sum of their own income PLUS all the systems they currently exploit (note: this will need a table of powers, starsystems and CC numbers for the forums with plenty of notice for players to react).
- Fixed a bug where Minor cosmetic
- Addressed some UI issues.
- Fixed missing audio related issue.
- Fixed localization issues throughout the game.
Download free Elite Dangerous update 1.56 for PS4 and Xbox One.