Arma 3 update 2.08 is now rolling out on PC (Steam). According to the official Arma 3 patch notes, the latest update added various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Previously, a major update the Ability to manually select unit types, “arsenalPreOpen” scripted Event Handler, and much more.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s Arma 3 patch 2.08 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Arma 3 Patch Notes (Hotfix) – March 16, 2022
- Contact consists of 2 data packs / folders:
- Contact (via PLAY CONTACT or -mod=Contact): for the singleplayer “First Contact” campaign experience (accessible only to owners – optionally loaded)
- Contact (Platform): for most other use cases, including sandbox multiplayer (loaded by default for all players)
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- Updating a deeply moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community, such as via the Dev Hub. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators, and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (2.06). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy206
- This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac client port betas.
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to “Tools”) – “Arma 3 Server” (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q., BattlEye F.A.Q., or Launcher troubleshooting guide.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Fixed: False version mismatch reported in the in-game server browser (requires server to be updated)
- Fixed: Potential crash on 32-bit executables (regardless, please switch to 64-bit wherever possible for a better experience!)
- Fixed: remoteExec failing when the JIP parameter starts with numbers and a colon, while also not being a valid netId
- Fixed: Broken fire mode selection on launchers with multiple flight profiles
- Fixed: Standing up after going prone with a launcher in top-down mode – FT-T128198
- Fixed: VehicleTransport cargoBayDimensions / dimensions / exit positions were XZY format instead of XYZ
- Tweaked: Disabled new network compression for further investigation
- Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (2.08)
- Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (2.08)
- The data in -mod=contact is not fully multiplayer compatible (it is meant for the singleplayer campaign experience); we recommend only hosting servers with it for special use cases
- This data is signed by a new A3C key whose presence can be used to control what client data is allowed on the server
- Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410
- Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)
- Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;enoch;aow to your arma3server.exe shortcut