Wreckfest update 1.62 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Wreckfest 1.62 patch notes, the latest update added various fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, Wreckfest version 1.62 also includes stability improvements.
Previously. a big update added support for the DLC pack “Getaway Car Pack” with three new cars: Bullet, Razor, and Cardinal. The last patch also added a new free track: Hillstreet Circuit with both forward and reverse layouts.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Wreckfest version 1.62 is expected to fix these issues.
Wreckfest 1.62 Patch Notes
- Game no longer sporadically freezes when changing upgrades in the garage.
- Game should no longer crash to “Out of Vertex Buffer Memory” during event loading.
- Game no longer gets stuck in infinite loading when changing upgrades while car creation is active in background for another player or bot.
- It’s no longer possible to cheat extra time in the “Checkpoint Chase” monthly event.
- It’s now possible to tune Razor in the tournament event even when not owning the DLC.
- Added missing wheels to the Speedemon tournament reward bundle.
- Tournament shop items are now correctly marked as exclusive.
- Improved “Razed” tournament reward livery.
- Improved wheel hub vs dynamic object collisions.
- Added a new “Bangers” AI Set containing banger racing cars.
- DLC banger racing cars now also appear in the career banger racing events.
- Dominator, Nexus RX and Boomer no longer appear as ineligible in lobby for seemingly no reason.
- Added missing Class A AI Players for Grand Duke, Little Trasher, Wildking, Sweeper, Buller, Cardinal and Razor.
- Schoolbus reward paint is now correctly received from “Diesel & Destruction” career event.
- The career Big Rig event “The Convoy” is now easier.
- Novice AI Difficulty is now slightly easier.
- Improved Rocket RX AI.
- Fixed Hammerhead fuel lid geometry.
- Fixed Cardinal fuel lid joint angle.
- Improved Hellvester visual damage.
- Improved Supervan collision.
- Fixed Bullet grid grille material.
- Fixed Bullet double rails clipping with the door.
- Fixed Bullet exhaust clipping with certain hood upgrades.
- Fixed Bullet, Cardinal and Razor name shown in the purchase confirmation popups.
- Fixed Rocket RX hood texturing, seat scale and fender pivots.
- Fixed Cardinal missing seat.
- Fixed flickering wheel lod of Speedbird tournament reward wheels.
- Improved Hillstreet Circuit environment art.
- Improved AI racing line on Boulder bank Circuit Main Route Reverse.
- Added missing clutter texture to the example track.
- Cleaned up a number of old levels.
- Fixed all AI vehicles that had issues with audio cutting off at redline RPM.
- Added new contact sounds for barrel shrapnel.
- Fixed crashing and framerate drop bugs.
- Added various gameplay optimizations.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Other minor fixes.
Download free Wreckfest update 1.62 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.