Wartales update 2 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Wartales patch notes, the latest update adds hours of new content and gameplay.
Recently, a big update added a number of changes, including “No scaling mode”, a questlog, and much more. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues. Today’s Craftopia update will fix a few of these issues.
Wartales Update Patch Notes – March 23, 2022
- Discover this brand new region, its customs, beliefs and mysteries
- The level cap has been increased to 9!
- Explore a new Tomb of the Ancients
- Discover countless new points of interest
- Forsaken Villages are newly added places where the player has to choose some members in his group to explore and loot abandoned and plague infested villages:
- The selected troop must be as silent as possible, heavy armored companions are not advised
- If the group makes too much noise, things might become trickier…
- The Marshlands are infected by plague riddens and Hordes frequently roam the land. Try to escape from the huge cohort chasing you!
- Fight as yet unseen enemies such as Bears, Giant Mosquitoes or even the mighty Crocswines!
- Each enemy faction has a new unit unlocked after reaching level 5 !
- Each enemy faction has now a unique passive trait that will make them even stronger (after level 6)
- Trackers now have their own faction units with new armor design !
- Some animal groups are stronger than before, beware of those!
- With the exception of pack leader and Phantom Swarm, it is now possible to tame every type of animal, and yes, even Giant Mosquitoes (though you’ll need a special item)!
- WIth the level cap increase, we added a new step of specialization (at level 8). Each class will get access to brand new skills.
- The animals you tame now have unique skill trees and yes, you can choose to specialize your ponies to fight alongside you!
- The daily food consumption for animals has been updated.
- You can customize your group appearance by buying a barber’s kit.
- With the new regions come a TON of new items, equipment pieces, weapons, recipes…
- Depending on the weapon rarity, the UI background will change.
- We added new camping gear to be crafted with brand new interactions!
Profession and Activites
- The Bard is a new profession and allows you to learn and play songs in taverns.
- Missing crafting recipes have been added
- Each profession now have new recipes
- You can now find wood logs to be cut by your axemen in old and new points of interest
- When you change a profession, you should now come back to the highest level you reached in this profession.
- A new Survival battle mode has been added: hold a certain number of rounds
- A new Escape battle mode has been added: Reach a specific area to flee the fight while being chased by swathes of enemies
- New environmental effect can now affect the course of a battle:
- Lightning strike have been added during storms
- Rockfalls have been added in certain combat biomes
- First Aid has been nerfed: still heals 10% HP but only removes poison, burning and bleeding without affecting other debuffs
- Repair kit have been updated : you have more ways to upgrade the quantity of armor they can repair and it is now displayed
- Fish is now considered as Meat for meals.
- Some forge crafts have their recipe updated
- All belt accessories crafted through alchemy require you to be lvl 3 alchemist
- Units that were not part of a battle will now gain 80% xp
- Crafting an item that unlocks a new recipe now also gives knowledge
- Maximum Carrying capacity provided by Constitution is now 20
- Leather straps (Belt accessory) give 10% Guard (was 5%)
- Poisoned Knife throw price has been largely reduced
- Animals should now give more fangs
- Components caravans now sell alazar powder
- Some Knowledges requirements have been updated
- Alexa Grathan stats have been increased.
- Slice and dice (skill Splitter) now deal 80% of Strength (was 100%)
- Bloodshed (status Splitter) now is canceled at the end of turn (was round)
- You can’t stack infinitely Bloodshed status.
- Willpower of animals globally reduced
- Creeper damage reduced by 40%
- Health reduced by 50%
- Their number in combat increased by 30%
- Knife Throw’s range has been reduced to 4m (was 8m).
- Poisoned weapon (talent) now applies 2 poison instead of 1 when you backstab.
- Poisoning (skill Hoodlum) now deals 70-90% of Dexterity (was 60-80%)
- Beast master (upgraded talent) now only heals animals.
- Recoil shot (talent) now deals 70-110% of Dexterity (was 40-80%).
- Recoil shot (upgraded talent) now deals 80-120% of Dexterity (was 50-90%).
- Recoil shot’s range (talent) is now 9m (was 8m)
- Barrage’s range (talent) is now 9m (was 8m)
- Shot’s range (basic skill) is now 9m (was 8m)
- Reinforced arrows (upgraded talent) now increases Critical damage by 35% (was 25%).
- Vicious shot (skill Poacher) now deals 50-90% of Dexterity (was 40-80%)
- Vicious shot’s range (skillPoacher) is now 9m (was 8m)
- Shoot order’s range (skill Sapper) is now 9m (was 8m)
- Volley of arrow (skill Captain) now deals 30-80% of Dexterity (was 30-70%)
- Volley of arrow’s range (skill Capitain) is now 9m (was 8m).
- Counterattack (upgraded): fix the duration of Inspiration
- Slashes _(talent) now deals 75% of Strength by attack (was 100%)_
- Interception (skill) now deals 65% of Strength (was 40%)
- Encouragement’s area (talent) is now 6m (was 4m)
- Encouragement’s area (talent) is now 10m (was 6m)
- Destabilizing strike (talent) now deals 90-110% of Strength (was 80-100%)
- Sentinels stats have been updated
- Cutting maelstrom (talent) now deals 35% of Strength (was 50%)
- Recklessness _(talent) _damage bonus reduced from 150% to 100%
- Recklessness (upgraded talent) damage bonus reduced from 200% to 150%.
- Rampage (talent) now deals 30-45% of Strength (was 30-40%)
- Fanaticism (talent axe) now deals 10% of max Health (was 5%) to gain Fury
- Relentless charge (talent) now deals 65% of Strength to units (was 45%)
- Armour breaker (talent) now increases damage dealt to armor by 35% (was 25%)
- Spear throw’s range (talent) is now 8m (was 10m).
- Fervent support (talent) now deals 50% of Strength when an adjacent ally is attacked (was 40%)
- Fervent support _(upgraded talent) now deals 70% of Strength when an adjacent ally is attacked (was 60%)
- Rallying shout (talent) now costs 1 Valor Point (was 2)
- Fixing a major bug causing chances of capture to always be 100% : you should now be able to miss
- Occupied point of interest should now be displayed in the questlog
- Clearer UI display when fighting an animal group without a leader
- Fixed a problem where we could kill all units in the camp
- Fixing a bug with prisoners having attribute points to be spent
- Training camp now refills their items.
- Lighting adjustments in the Vertruse region
- New places icons for the map (Fishery, stone circle, big tree, dead tree)
- Major perf and memory leaks fixes
- Strength now correctly increases Critical Damage, as originally designed.
- Many other little things have been fixed/changed
Download free Wartales patch 2 on PC(Steam).