War on the Sea update is now available to download on PC players. According to the official War on the Sea patch notes, the latest update added 3 new battleships and gameplay changes.
Previously, a big update was released with character balancing, gameplay changes, and a long list of bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game.
Today’s War on the Sea patch will address a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
What is new in today’s War on the Sea January 7 Update?
3 New Battleships: Fuso, Ise, Nagato
materials/other added material references for Fuso, Ise, Nagato
unit/sea added folders for fuso, ise, nagato
language/english/unit/sea added language files for fuso, ise, nagato
unit/sea/allUnitsList.txt added references for fuso, ise, nagato
campaign/campaignXXX/seaUnits.txt added references to fuso, ise, nagato to add them to existing campaigns
Support for individual ship TMA override variables added.
ship_data.txt files added new variable “tmaOverride”:[0.03,0.95,0.01,0.75,0.1,0.75,0.007,0.2]
- values specified override global TMA variables from config.txt
- [directorTMARate, directorMaxSolution, localDirectorTMARate, localDirectorMaxSolution, tmaPercentRangeThreshold, tmaPercentRangeMaxPenalty, tmaDecayRate, tmaRadarBonus]
- all merchants_data.txt files added “tmaOverride”:[0.02,0.85,0.01,0.75,0,1,0.02,0.15] to drop surface gunnery accuracy by ~30% at 10km and reduce bonus from radar
- all submarines_data.txt files added “tmaOverride”:[0.03,0.95,0.01,0.75,0.1,0.75,0.007,0.2] to increase solution rate and decrease decay rate to emulate better tracking of multiple targets
Re-imported model files/corrected textures for ships:
Re-imported model files/textures for aircraft to add rear gunners:
Modified aircraft_model.txt files for devastator, jake to add rear guns
materials/_common.txt added new material for MachineGunInterior (for US rear gunner)
unit/sea/mountData.txt added references to new gun
Fixed a bug where message log text could have spaces trimmed causing lack of spaces in message
Player controlled aircraft correctly manually fire guns in a dogfight
default/campaign/campaignXXX/setup.txt added new variable “customWaterMask”:false
- if true, the path specified in variable “mapWaterMask”:”maps/solomon/solomon_watermask_example.png” is read
- watermask should be 2048×1024 png file with transparency defining water