The Hunter Call Of The Wild update 1.68 is now rolling out on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official theHunter COTW update 1.68 patch notes, the latest update added the glorious Northern Lights and hunt 19 animal species as you explore a beautiful Finnish archipelago. Apart from this, the Hunter Call Of The Wild version 1.68 also includes numerous new improvements, features, and bug fixes
Previously, a big update added a new DLC (Modern Rifle Pack) with three new weapons.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing a number of issues in the game. Today’s The Hunter COTW update 1.68 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
What is new in The Hunter Call Of The Wild Patch Notes (Update 1.68)?- June 28, 2022
NEW FEATURES – Revontuli Coast
Set in the north edge of the Baltic Sea, Revontuli Coast invites you to explore a vast and sprawling archipelago that teems with life. With peak bird season underway, you’ll hunt a wide range of waterfowl, ducks, and upland birds. Larger game also roam here, such as Brown Bear, Moose, and Whitetail Deer. Experience the thrill of stalking your prey under the magical Northern Lights, and discover exciting new hunting opportunities as you traverse this region of the “land of a thousand lakes”.
REVONTULI COAST DLC FEATURES
- Explore 25 square miles (64 square kilometers) of stunningly varied nature, spanning across rocky archipelagos, wild fields, thick spruce forests, and vibrant fell hills.
- Use the Water Layout Blind to conceal yourself from waterfowl, ducks, and upland birds while in water.
- Hunt 19 different species – Revontuli Coast has the largest number of animal species ever featured in a reserve, and includes new and returning favorites such as the Western Capercaillie, Black Grouse, Brown Bear, Whitetail Deer, Raccoon Dog, and many more.
- Gaze at the magical Northern Lights that illuminates the night sky.
- Discover memorable geographical landmarks such as a large glacial pothole, an impressive balancing rock, and a wondrous gorge.
- Hike along color-marked routes and trails during the day, and rest by cozy campfires as night falls.
What is fixed in The Hunter COTW 1.68 Patch Notes?
- Dolby Atmos support for PC players
- Completely reworked waterfowl system
- New Item Wheel for quickly swapping between weapons, ammo, and sights
- Redesigned reflex sight
- New ammunition type (.22 Conehead)
New Feature: Item Wheel
Thanks to a radial menu, you’ll be able to switch weapons, ammo, and sights quicker than before. Check out this Dev Diary to learn more.
New Ammunition: .22 Conehead Ammo
Available for any player who owns Weapon Pack 1, Weapon Pack 3, or the Modern Rifle Pack.
- The highly requested Waterfowl rework is here.
- There’s been a full rework of the animal home ranges, populations, and schedules for specific reserves (Layton Lake, Medved, Te Awaroa, Yukon, Rancho del Arroyo, Cuatro Colinas, Parque Fernando).
- A long-standing community request: the Marksman and Red Raptor Reflex Sights have had an efficiency overhaul.
- The dog command wheel has been updated;
- We’ve implemented boat icon(s) to clarify which boats are accessible by players and which are not;
- There is now a new option that allows players to disable POI icons on the map and HUD separately;
- Borderless full-screen mode is now supported;
- Callouts are now clickable;
- There is now an indication to let the user know if a reserve is playable or not in the “New Game” screen.
GRAPHICS & VFX
- We’ve given the death camera movement & character respawning an overhaul.
- The new item wheel has been added! See “Free Content” near the top of the release notes;
- The dog command wheel has been updated; see “UX/UI” two sections above.
- We’ve made sure a “Sign In” option is also present within the new user “Sign Up” journey and prompts.
- We’ve fixed a large chunk of issues with flying or misplaced roads;
- We’ve added the ability to rename your canine companions!
- It will now be easier to tell whether you’ve failed or passed a harvest check;
- We’ve removed the alligator’s sound hint which was added to Silver Ridge Peaks before the Mississippi Acres Preserve release.
- Population resets, zone, and schedule changes will occur across all reserves, except Silver Ridge Peaks, as a result of the reworks mentioned above under “Performance”.
- We’ve addressed the problem of key bind descriptions not being displayed in the “Settings” menu.
ANIMALS & ENVIRONMENT
- There are no more excessive poop trails for Eastern Cottontail Rabbits!
- Animals will no longer appear static while drinking near shores;
- The issue where a player could not interact with mostly small clues unless they looked DIRECTLY down on them has been fixed.
CRASHES & MISCELLANEOUS
- Sorry, not sorry: we’ve fixed the Cash / XP / Weapon score exploit;
- ‘Ranger skill’ now works with traditional bows.
- We’ve fixed the issue of the “Accept”/”Decline” button(s) appearing in Polish, even when the game is launched in English.
- Xbox leaderboards are now functional!
SKILLS & PERKS
- “Reset Skills” and “Reset Perks” button(s) will now remove the effects of skills/perks in the current game session.
- The 3D UI icons twitch have been fixed;
- POI icons not appearing on the map for some hunting structures after being bought/built have been fixed;
- The undiscovered location icon now disappears as it should after approaching your first outpost in a new game.
Download free The Hunter Call Of The Wild version 1.68 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.