The Ascent update (August 19, 2021) is now rolling out on PC (Steam), Windows 10, and Xbox One. According to the Ascent patch notes, the latest update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay improvements. In addition, the Ascent patch also includes stability fixes.
Recently, a big update added new changes, fixes, and a long list of improvements.
Since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues. Today’s The Ascent update will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
The Ascent Patch Notes – August 19, 2021
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixes to improve performance in DX12, also with Ray Tracing.
- Note to Players: on first running of the update, there will be a 20-25 second ‘stall’ on loading to Main Menu to allow some caching to happen before you play. This is a one time event.
- Ray Tracing is now available to Players on the Windows Store.
- Improved loading in of NPCs
- CPU performance mode for lower-end PCs
- Numerous instances of ‘one time’ crashes have been Addressed in both Single Player & Coop on ALL Platforms. (some other instances remain, we are working hard to resolve these for the next update).
- Local Coop fixes where Player 1 and Player 2 have controller focus issues on certain menus.
- Numerous other crash-fixes have been made to improve the stability of both local and online Coop, including fixes when disconnecting controllers, issues when 3 Players start a new game, and fixes when the internet connection becomes unstable.
- Addressed an issue where in certain circumstances a black screen would appear at the end of Mission 12.
- Addressed an issue where sometimes it takes too long to return to the Main Menu after gameplay.
- Addressed issues where Area loading is slower for the Client joining the game after the Host is using the Taxi.
- Addressed some Weapon replication issues in Online Coop.
- Addressed some issues around cross Platform hot-joining where Clients had trouble connecting to the Host
- Fix for crash seen in some cases at the end of Main Mission 04 (Spiderboss fight)
- Fix for crash when losing internet connection during the ‘create game’ sequence
Save Progress (all platforms)
- Introduced a new system to circumvent situations where save files could become corrupted.
- Fixes to situations in Coop where the Host leaving the game could cause the Client to lose progress.
- Fixes to situations in Coop where Players may experience progression blockers in certain situations.
- Addressed the issue where a Client’s items would unequip after a Host disconnects.
- Addressed an issue where a Client may lose connection when hotjoining a game in progress.
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Addressed an Achievement issue where you could unlock Main Mission and Side Mission under incorrect conditions.
- Addressed an issue where the mission objective during ‘Go To Grinder’ in Mission 2 would not update.
- The issue where multiple bosses could spawn has been fixed. e.g. Papa Feral, Megarachnoid (Spider Boss), Gun-Dolph.
- Addressed the Casino Courier Side Missions 1 – 5 where you could sometimes be unable to proceed due to missing NPCs.
- Addressed the custom camera for ‘Dark Horse’ Side Mission.
- Addressed the custom camera for Bartender in Stimtown.
- Addressed the situation where sometimes ‘Dark Horse’ could not be completed due to the NPC remaining in a frightened state.
- Addressed an issue where the Volatile Augmentation when used on neutrals had no effect.
- Addressed an issue where the Siege Mech in the Prison could despawn after a Player died.
- Addressed the issue where the Snooze Dealer’s Journal map icon was a white square.
- Addressed damage scaling on the Pocket Mech minigun to make it more powerful as you level up.
- Allows the use of certain augmentations while rolling.
- Balanced cost/cooldown/efficiency of Life Transfer, Neutron Beam and Overclock
Translation (all platforms)
- Lots of fixes have been made to address instances where English would appear instead of the correct language.
- Further work is continuing to improve the quality of the translations as well as further general bug fixes.
- Addressed an issue in Japanese where text overlapped in the intro cut-scene.
Assorted other fixes (all platforms)
- Addressed an issue where the death-screen replaced the SFX & VO after defeating the Megarachnoid.
- Addressed an issue where sometimes in Dreamworld, shooting SFX without enemies being present could be heard.
- Cyberdeck visible in Journal
- News now plays in the Taxi
- Film Grain toggle added to the Graphics menu
- Addressed the Dismemberer shooting SFX that could be missing for Clients.
- Addressed previews for Auto Turret and Pocket Mech in Vendors.
- Addressed Cluster 13’s Metrolink entrances collision box.
- Various UI fixes.
Download free Ascent patch on PC(Steam), Windows 10, and Xbox One.