Surviving Mars update 1.25 (Sep 7, 2021) is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to Surviving Mars version 1.25 patch notes, the latest new features, new area, new buildings, and much more. Apart from this, today’s Surviving Mars patch 1.25 also includes stability fixes.
Recently, a big update added in-Dome Buildings Pack with 8 brand new buildings and a host of technical additions to expand housing and community options in your colony.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Surviving Mars version 1.25 will fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Surviving Mars update 1.25? – Sep 7, 2021
Below and Beyond
- A new area to explore right beneath your colony. Uncovering what the Martian Underground has been hiding from us, perhaps we can even find something rivaling our wonders.
- Expand your colony into the Underground, providing shelter against the hazards from the surface and bringing you closer to richer deposits.
- Be careful, as there may be underground marsquakes that can lead to dangerous cave-ins.
- Venture to asteroids as they fly past Mars, giving you a limited window to visit them.
- Set up temporary mining outposts to extract as many rewards as you can from each asteroid.
- Bring back Exotic Minerals, a new resource exclusive to asteroids, to improve your colony on the Martian surface and its underground.
- Some asteroids may not be as they appear and have a mystery to solve while you are on them.
Recon & Expansion tech
- Unlock multiple specialized buildings, rockets, and upgrades in the underground and on asteroids.
- Gain benefits and upgrades for your entire colony.
- Amphitheater – a new building to comfort your colonists and increase tourists’ satisfaction.
- Construction Ranges – You can now hold CTRL (Y on Xbox and Triangle on Playstation) to see dust ranges of other buildings and other relevant ranges.
- Reorder tech queue – You can now easily adjust the order of techs within your research queue.
- Leak Icons – Cable and Pipe leaks now show icons above them so you can easily locate them.
- Cycle Grids – You can now cycle through different power grids and life support grids by clicking on power or oxygen and water in the top bar.
- Extended Resource info – We expanded the Top UI tooltips with more information per resource.
More Colony Control:
- Custom Colony Name – Change your colony’s name to best fit your colony.
- Dome birth limit – Besides allowing and forbidding births, you can now also allow births as long as the dome still has available living space.
- Must include Filter – Colonist filters now have an option to include all colonists with a certain trait or specialization, even if they have undesired traits.
- Rebalanced the Door to Summer event.
- School Spire; reduced the odds of the genius trait being given.
- Smart Apartments; reduced resident slots and increased maintenance cost.
- Medical Post; reduced number of colonists that can use it per shift and increased service comfort.
Known issues in Surviving mars 1.25
- Drones that are “busy” with transporting resources do not get added to the cargo of a Lander rocket when the asteroid moves out of range. This can occasionally cause a crash
- After salvaging an asteroid lander, its contents are dumped on the landing pad. Any drones and RCs part of the cargo can not be used
- Pin menu does not show incoming Asteroid Landers from Asteroids
- There is no warning about an unloaded cargo when launching a rocket back to Earth
- Drones occasionally try to get to the unreachable area on Asteroids in order to gather resources
- The camera is out of the map if the player clicks on the Astronomer’s pin while s/he is in orbit (Dying Wish mystery)
- Even after clearing debris, the area is uneven and unbuildable
- Some cave-ins are unreachable and therefore cannot be cleared which prevents further exploration.
- Shuttles can fly ‘too high’ vertically in the Underground.
- MAC: Many UI images don’t show up in the Mac build
- Black squares are shown instead of B&B content icons on Epic build (Mac)
Download free Surviving Mars patch 1.25 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.