Surviving Mars update 1.21 is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to Surviving Mars 1.21 patch notes, the latest update added In-Dome Buildings Pack with 8 brand new buildings and a host of technical additions to expand housing and community options in your colony. Apart from this, Surviving Mars patch 1.21 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Recently, a minor update added some minor bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Surviving Mars version 1.21 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
What is new in Surviving Mars Patch 1.21?
Added In-Dome Buildings Pack with 8 brand new buildings and a host of technical additions to expand housing and community options in your colony.
“Tourism” free update
Changes to tourists
- Tourists have a new Satisfaction stat, which tracks how much each tourist is enjoying their holiday.
- Tourists no longer pay 10M funding upon arrival. Instead, they pay funds when departing from Mars based on how much they liked their holiday, shown in the Satisfaction stat, rated between 1 and 5 stars.
- Tourists now board any nearby rocket when they are looking to go home (instead of only boarding rockets that just landed).
New Feature: RC Safari
- The new RC Safari allows you to create sightseeing tours around your colony for tourists to enjoy.
- Set waypoints near domes, wonders, vistas, rock formations, and many other sights to increase the satisfaction bonus tourists get from the safari.
- Order the new RC Safari from earth, or complete the Rover Printing research to build these yourself.
New Tourist Buildings
- Hotel: Provide tourists a luxurious place to stay on Mars; spending the night increases their Satisfaction. Hotels can be built after completing the Smart Homes research.
- Low-G Amusement Park: Provide tourists with the best ways to experience the low gravity environment. Visiting tourists get an extra bonus to their Satisfaction.
- Changed default language for Spain to Spanish on PS4.
- Adjusted the deadlines for the Tourist Trap challenge, which now also gives 20 tourist applicants at the start.
“In-Dome Building Pack” CCP
- Smart Apartments: Apartments that provide the same luxuries as smart homes.
- Senior Residence: A lovely place for your senior residents to retire.
- Large Nursery: A larger version of the nursery, able to house more children.
- Medical Post: For when you need a smaller infirmary in the area.
- Hospital: A larger, more relaxing version of the infirmary. It also comes with the exclusive Remote Medic upgrade, which reduces the number of colonists required per shift.
- Security Post: A more compact version of the Security Station.
- TV Studio Workshop: A new workshop building which also generates funding.
- School Spire: Build the school as a spire building. It comes with the exclusive Superior Education upgrade, which has a small change to give the Genius trait.
- 2 new colony logos: Colonization Effort, Red Target
Download free Surviving Mars update 1.21 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.