Sniper Elite 5 is now available to download on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox. Unfortunately, since the release, some players are experiencing issues related to missions, GPU, crashes, and more. Recently, an SP5 patch was also released with various fixes. Today, we have compiled a list of Sniper Elite 5 known issues, bugs, and glitches.
Check out more details below.
List of Sniper Elite 5 Known Issues, Bugs, and Workarounds
- Reports of missing crosshairs are with our Dev team and are being urgently investigated as we speak. Initial investigations appear to show it’s due to too little VRAM (e.g. under the 4gb min spec). As a temporary solution, we suggest reducing the texture quality settings to see if that helps (e.g. start at LOW).
GPU Device was lost
- A small number of players seem to be experiencing an issue which throws up the GPU Device was lost error. We are aware of the problem and are investigating.
Mission One – The Atlantic Wall, Locating Marcel
- The game devs currently investigating some reports from players who are unable to unlock floorboards, despite having Marcel’s key. For those struggling to find Marcel – narrow down the house he’s in, head outside to the rear of the house and climb up the vines to the Attic. It’s here you should locate Marcel and in turn, the key he possess.
Mission One – The Atlantic Wall, Missing Key
- Separate to the above issue involving a key, we are aware that some players are experiencing an issue where the officer with the key to open the boathouse does not appear.
Mission One – The Atlantic Wall, Steffen Beckendorf
- An issue where players are unable to locate Steffen Beckendorf in Mission One and are looking into a resolve.
Mission Two – Chateau-De-Berengar, Kar98 Unlock
- The game devs are aware of an issue where dropping the chandelier on your target in Mission Two is not unlocking the Kar98 as expected. We’re investigating a fix for this issue.
Beach Defences Collectible Item
- The Classified Document #2: Beach Defences not appearing for some players.
Windows Store Crash (On Steam for Visibility purposes)
The team is currently investigating an issue impacting players trying to access Sniper Elite 5 via the Windows Store. As a short term solution, we advise:
- Head to Sniper Elite 5 in the Xbox App
- Head to the three dots
- Click manage
- Then Files
- Then select Verify and repair
- Hit yes
Fix Two: Ensure your Xbox App is completely up to date
Fix Three: If that still doesn’t work, unticking ‘Use EAC’ in the options menu accessed via the cog, and running as admin via the start menu to allow access. We think this could be a platform issue for those who pre-installed so would recommend uninstalling and installing again if the above does not resolve the issue. Please bear with us while we work through a longer term resolve.
Many of these bugs are known to the developers and they are working hard to fix them.