The Sims 4 players are currently experiencing error code 0. The players are getting ‘The game Failed to save. Error Code 0‘ massage in the Sims 4. Today we have posted details on what is the Sims 4 Error Code 0 and how to fix it. Read more details below.
Table of Contents
What is Error Code 0 in The Sims 4?
This error occurs when The Sim 4 fails to save the game. This bug is affecting players on the consoles too, not just PC. According to the game devs, they are actively working to fix error code 0.
Related: Read recently released Sims 4 patch notes.
How to fix Error Code 0 in The Sims 4?
Unfortunetly, the official fix is now available yet. However, we have posted some workaround to fix this issue. Try the following fixes.
Fix 1 – Delete Modified File
Try the following workaround to fix ‘The Game Failed To Save’ issue in Sims 4.
- Head to the Documents folder on your computer.
- Open up Electronic Arts.
- Now open Sims 4.
- Open Saves folder.
- Now look for the most recently modified file, which should be the ‘Scratch’ folder and delete it.
Fix 2 – New Sim Trick
Try to move in a new sim. Played for a little while, then save the game. Now switch to the other houses (with a bug), play that house for a bit, then save the game.
Fix 3 – Remove Mods
Remove all Sims 4 mods to see which one was causing saving issues. You can also move the Sims 4 mod folder to a different location and run the game to see if the error code 0 is fixed.
Fix 4 – Move Save File
Verify and check the Sims 4 autosave file to fix the game Failed to save – Error Code 0. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder
- Now move the slot_00000001.save file to some other location.
- Start Sims 4 and load any of your save files.
- If the load button is missing, start a new game.
- Play it for a while and save it, then close the game.
- Launch the game again and load the saves files.
Fix 5 – Repair Game Files
If you are still receiving “the Game Failed To Save. Error Code 0” in Sims 4, try to repair the game files to fix this issue. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Origin Client.
- Find and select the Sims 4.
- Now, click the menu and select the “repair game” option.
Fix 6 – Turn on Online Access and Save
Enable the online access and use the “Save as” option to save your game and it will work for you.