Sea Of Thieves update 2.5 released on Xbox One and PC players. According to the official Sea Of Thieves patch notes, the latest Season 6 update added brand new content as well as improvements and fixes.
Previously, a big update added Season 5 update added Bury Treasure, Share Map, Cannon Rowboats, Fireworks, and Flares.
Unfortunately, since the last major patch, players are experiencing a number of issues with the game. Today’s Sea Of Thieves patch 2.5.0 will address a few of these issues. Read full details below.
Table of Contents
Sea Of Thieves 2.5.0 Release Notes – March 10, 2022
In addition to the emergence of Sea Forts, Season Six launches with another 100 levels of Renown-based progression and stacks of rewards to earn as you go. Emissary Ledger rewards aren’t forgotten either, and the new Plunder Pass is not just packed but neatly themed!
SEASON SIX – RELEASE NOTES
CLOSING THE ARENA
Also taking place at the start of Season Six is the closure of The Arena. From March 10th 2022, this mode will no longer be available in Sea of Thieves.
CLOSING THE ARENA – RELEASE NOTES
Sea Dogs Reputation
- The Sea Dogs Reputation pane in the Pirate’s Log will now only be visible for players who have earned a Sea Dogs Commendation, celebrating players’ accomplishments while hiding Commendations that can no longer be obtained.
- For players who can access this Reputation pane, the previous Company progress summary has now been repurposed into a Battle Record, representing accomplishments within The Arena. Within the Battle Record, players will now only see Commendations that have been completed. Any Commendations not yet started or completed will no longer be visible.
- Within the Athena’s Fortune Reputation pane, the Legendary Sea Dog Commendation will be visible for players who have earned it while remaining hidden for players who have not met those criteria.
Sea Dogs Rewards
- Although The Arena has been closed, players will retain all unlocked Titles tied to level progress within the Sea Dogs Trading Company, along with any unlocked cosmetics.
- Players who reached Sea Dogs rank 5 prior to the announcement of the closure will find themselves gifted the Azure Scout, Flaming Jackal, Golden Chaser, Lucky Rover and Regal Hound ship cosmetics for general use. Sea Dog veterans who reached rank 50 will also be able to equip the Good Boy ship cosmetics from the Shipwright’s Chest.
- Players who achieved the necessary criteria to purchase Sea Dogs Titles and cosmetics have not yet missed their chance to collect them. The Outpost stores now hold all the Sea Dogs Company rewards, and players will find them collectable if they met the necessary unlock requirements before the announcement of The Arena’s closure.
Players with multiple promotions and rewards to purchase may need to exit and re-enter the shop after purchasing a promotion before the next rank’s items become visible.
Sea Dogs Achievements
- Xbox and Steam achievements for the Sea Dogs Trading Company are no longer earnable. Players on Xbox will see these achievements now marked as Legacy, while players on Steam will no longer find these achievements visible.
- The Master of the Arena and Glorious Sea Dog achievements are still unlockable by players who obtained the necessary ranks prior to The Arena’s closure. After logging in, eligible players can collect the required promotions and items and unlock these two achievements.
In contrast to the peaceful Plunder Pass it’s rowdy in the Emporium this month, with the Islehopper Outlaw theme encompassing a ship set, costume, weapons and even a banjo. New emotes arrive to suit your posturing needs too, and there’s one for free as always!
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
Islehopper Outlaw Ship Collection
- Watch other ships turn tail and flee when you rock the new Islehopper Outlaw ship cosmetics! In addition to the main Islehopper Outlaw Ship Bundle, a flaming spectral Collector’s Figurehead and Collector’s Sails can be purchased separately.
- An Islehopper Outlaw Essential Ship Bundle is also on offer, including just the core ship cosmetics at a discount.
Islehopper Outlaw Costume
- Nothing says “Hello, we’re here to rob you!” quite like glow-in-the-dark goggles, bandana and fishbone mohawk.
Islehopper Outlaw Weapons
- Add some rockstar chic to your next fracas with these four new glow-in-the-dark weapons!
Islehopper Outlaw Banjo
- Unleash musical mayhem with this brutal banjo.
Bunch of Posers Emotes
- Strike a selection of supremely confident poses with these four extra-cool emotes.
Ruby Splashtail Cannon Flare
- A Cannon Flare is now available for a fan-favourite Pirate Emporium ship set – check out the cloud of bubbles and fishy confetti fired with the new Ruby Splashtail Cannon Flare!
- Players who already own all items in the Ruby Splashtail Ship Bundle will soon find the Cannon Flare added to their inventory as a little gift from the Emporium owners.
Freebie Jolly Jiggle Emote
- Perform this spirited dance to seek entrance to your crew’s alleged clubhouse.
Boisterous Brigands Bundle (Store Only)
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Six with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to Sea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, allowing players to earn more items from the Twilight Hunter set. Find out how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
Quick Cycle Map
- Players can now quickly cycle through maps or Mysterious Notes within the Quest Radial. When holding a map or note in hand, use the ‘A’ or ‘D’ keys or Left/Right on the controller D-pad to cycle through all those available.
- These keybinds share the same controls as turning Tall Tale Quest Book pages, and can be re-bound within the game settings.
Scuttle Ship Reminder
- Players who are defeated by another crew three times in quick succession will now be shown a reminder of the option to scuttle the ship and move to a safer location. Pressing the Menu button then leads directly to the Crew Management menu to begin the vote to scuttle.
Emergent Threat Balancing
- Throwing water at Gold Skeletons to rust them now makes them vulnerable for longer. While rusted, these skeletons will also take additional damage from all ranged weapons and explosives!
- Shadow Skeletons exposed to light are now made vulnerable for longer, allowing crews to capitalise on their weakness.
- Siren Leaders and Siren grunts below the waves should now use ranged attacks more frequently than their melee scratch attack.
Skeleton Ship Battle Locations
- With the arrival of new Sea Forts in each region, Skeleton Ship World Events have now been consolidated and these World Event battles will now only appear in a single location near the centre of the world.
Sandy Corsair Sea Dog Set
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Sandy Corsair Sea Dog clothing set, available to purchase for gold.
Past Season Gameplay Emotes
- Larinna now offers two previously Season-locked emotes for purchase with Doubloons. Players willing to part with a large number of Doubloons can purchase the Barrel Disguise and Rolling Dice emotes!
Visible Fish Names
- When players are fishing, the names of any fish rising to the surface to take a nibble of bait are now displayed for easy identification. While this feature is enabled by default to improve accessibility for all players, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘Show Nameplates Above Fish’ in the Settings menu.
- When ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled, navigating through shops will now also narrate the player’s wallet balance to improve ease of purchasing.
Dynamic Resolution on Xbox One X
- On Xbox One X consoles, Sea of Thieves will now dynamically scale resolution in order to maintain a smooth 30 frames per second experience during periods of high activity.
Changing Game Language
- Xbox players can now choose a preferred game language from within the game settings to override the language set on the console itself.
- When progressing through Tall Tales or Siren Shrines, players approaching mechanisms previously used by other players will now see them in the correct location and position.
- When players sit in a Rowboat, interaction prompts for nearby seats and objects are no longer shown as they cannot be interacted with until the player stands.
- When players holding a Cargo Crate attempt to hand it in to the incorrect character, the tooltip now emphasises the correct hand-in location.
- Players who have been vomited on twice are no longer immune to fire damage.
- The achievements entitled A Rare Delicacy and Night Bite should now unlock when completing the required criteria.
- New pirates equipping a shovel for the first time will now be shown the Burying Items tutorial.
- Players can now redeem purchased commodities with the Merchant Alliance representative at Morrow’s Peak Outpost.
- Within the Settings menu, the ‘Swim Up’ controller binding should no longer display within the keyboard binding area.
- Players disconnecting and rejoining the game with treasure stored in a Sunken Merfolk Statue will now once again be able to retrieve it from the surface.
- Players searching for the Breath of the Sea will no longer find that it disappears if they take an extended amount of time to complete the Voyage.
- Retrieving treasure from a Sunken Merfolk Statue within the Treasury of Sunken Shores should no longer place items where players cannot retrieve them.
- Players should no longer find areas within the Treasury of the Lost Ancients where they can clip into the geometry and fall under the world.
- Players can no longer step through a small gap in the environment within the Treasury of the Lost Ancients to access the Vault early.
- The lantern hanging above the Sloop’s map table should no longer be accidentally used when players are attempting to interact with the map table.
- Players can now freely explore the ruined tavern at Golden Sands Outpost without becoming stuck on debris.
- Pirate Emporium audio effects can no longer be heard at Golden Sands Outpost.
- Graymarrow should no longer become stuck in a tree while navigating the Fort of the Damned.
- Skeletons should no longer become stuck in the geometry on Shark Fin Camp.
- Ashen Lords using lunge attacks should no longer be prone to getting stuck inside rocks.
- Players moving around the Sea Dog Tavern should no longer find themselves jittering on certain areas of flooring and stairs.
- Pets should now be able to move freely around the Pirate Legend Hideout without becoming blocked.
- Players should no longer be safe-teleported on Mermaid’s Hideaway when jumping into the environment.
- Improvements have been made to skeleton navigation on Keel Haul Fort to prevent skeletons becoming stuck within the environment.
- Grass should no longer be seen mysteriously poking through the floor and walls of various Outpost taverns.
- Players should no longer become stuck inside ruined trees on Morrow’s Peak Outpost or Ashen Reaches.
- Players opening Glitterbeard’s Hideout should no longer be snagged by the environment when moving inside.
- Swimming at various locations around Golden Sands Outpost should no longer cause players to intersect with geometry and be flung into the air.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Players should no longer be able to bypass the sidequest to reach the locked ship and rewards inside.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players following Captain Jack Sparrow through the village should no longer find themselves jittering when standing near him during his speech.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players should no longer find locations around the Spanish Fort in Chapter Two where they can become stuck.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players can no longer become trapped between the roots of a tree in the Bayou.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Players can no longer avoid the battle with the Ocean Crawlers by navigating over the coral structures in Chapter 4.
Visual and Audio
- Players equipping the Ashen Curse should now find that their eyes correctly display the effects of this fiery curse.
- When players perform actions that can earn Seasonal Renown repeatedly, the UI notifications should no longer become stuck within the notification window.
- Pets no longer stop dancing if one musician in a band stops playing.
- Players will no longer experience rubberbanding when attempting to move diagonally with a keyboard while afflicted by a limp.
- When the Skeleton Fort at Shark Fin Camp is active, crews descending to the Shrine of Hungering should no longer hear overlapping music within the Shrine.
- The shop and vanity chest icons for the Eyepatch of the Silent Barnacle now better match the item’s colour scheme.
- Players of all body sizes holding a reversed speaking trumpet should now appear visually correct when observed by other players.
- After climbing inside the Notorious Reaper Cannons, other players should now see the player nestled snugly in the cannon.
- Siren Leaders in Siren Treasuries now play their death animation effects when defeated.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – The stone face waterfalls no longer have water visual effects pouring out of the side of the statues.
- When using ‘Let Games Read to Me’, the start screen should now be fully narrated.
Performance and Stability
- Server stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
Download free Sea of Thieves update 2.4.2 on Xbox One and PC.