Rec Room update 3.42 is now available on PS4, Xbox, and PC. According to the official Rec Room 3.42 patch notes, the latest update added a new home screen, bug fixes and more. In addition, Rec Room version 3.42 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big title update added a new feature, changes, and a long list of bug fixes.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing problems with the game. Today’s Rec Room version 3.42 will address a few of these issues.
What is new in Rec Room version 3.42 Changelog (August 11, 2021)
New Home Screen
- We have a new home screen and navigation. We now have a navigation bar at the bottom for frequent-use-features that you can access regardless of where you are in the UI. The home screen itself features a new layout that includes snippets of cool rooms and items for you to check out!
- Orange Color Scheme Everywhere – We switched color scheme of the UI from the dark purple to orange scheme like the login screen
- Unlocked the Pride hoodies for all players. Now everyone can show their pride in style! (You get a pride hoodie! And you get a pride hoodie!)
- We’ve made it possible to turn off syncing for Text V2, Pointlight V2 and Spotlight V2. When syncing is disabled, Circuits can be used to set the local properties of the object, and each player will see their own value. This can be used for showing secret information (“You’re the imposter!”) or effects (turning on night vision lights) to a specific player.
- Fixed an issue where CV2 list variables were defaulting to being invalid. They now start as empty lists.
- The quick chat buttons for room chat can now be physically pressed if you’re in VR. (And who doesn’t like pressing buttons?)
- Fixed a bug where picking up and dropping a pool cue using both hands in VR would break it.
- Fixed an issue where using the arrows to browse the play menu would skip some items.
- Fixed iOS notification preferences not saving correctly. (Sorry if we pinged you when you told us not to!)
- Fixed a periodic frame rate spike for PS4 players. (One down… many to go.)
- Fixed an issue with date formatting if your device is set to use some non-Gregorian calendars.
Download free Rec Room update 3.42 on PlayStation 4 and PC.