Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 released on PS4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 patch notes, the latest update resolves various gameplay related issues. Apart from this, Rainbow Six Siege version 1.79 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a big Operation Shifting Tides update was released with two new operators (Kali and Wamai), theme park map rework as well as a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Rainbow Six Siege version 1.79 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 patch notes
The Clash exploit is fixed with this patch and we will be re-enabling her on live for each platform as 4.2 goes out. Thank you for your patience and understanding over the holiday period!
- FIXED – Hostage can be shot and damaged through both reinforced and unbreakable walls when placed too close to either.
- FIXED – Some thin fragile map props are not properly destroyed when hit by projectiles and other minor prop destruction issues on maps
- FIXED – Operator hitboxes can clip through reinforced walls and be shot.
- FIXED – Goyo’s Volcán can be destroyed and detonates when a reinforcement destroys it from the other side of the wall.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 fixed an issue where deploying a Mira Black Mirror next to a Volcán Shield placed too close to the wall can trigger the Volcán explosion from the other side of the wall. Now Goyo’s Volcán will just be destroyed without exploding and spreading fire, destruction, and RFF.
- FIXED – Volcán’s explosive canister and shell will sometimes remain floating after an Ash breaching round or Mira mirror is deployed close to it.
- FIXED – Jackal can scan footprints from the disruption radius of a Mute Jammer if he begins scanning while outside the jammer area.
- FIXED – Wamai’s Mag-Net will still draw and catch projectiles even after the destruction of the surface it is on and will detonate them in mid-air even as it is falling.
- FIXED – Players can sometimes escape Frost traps if Finka’s Adrenaline Surge is used under certain conditions.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.79 fixed an issue where Mira can deploy her Black Mirror through a reinforced wall under certain conditions.
- FIXED – Clash CCE Shield SFX is sometimes inaudible.
- FIXED – Prompt to deploy Kapkan’s EDD sometimes displays when running and stopping near doorways.
- FIXED – Once Lion’s scan is finished, Lion’s debuff icon sometimes re-appears for a few frames for tagged players.
- FIXED – Kali’s left-hand pops in first person POV when unequipping her LV lance.
- FIXED – Caveira’s hand clips through her phone when resetting it during a Dokkaebi call.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 fixed an issue where various dynamic clipping and general clipping issues across maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on all maps.
- FIXED – Players can vault onto the shelves and other un-vaultable assets in Day Care on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Valkyrie’s Black Eyes can be deployed inside a helmet on Favela.
- FIXED – Gap in wall present in 2F Offices of Tower.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.79 fixed and issue where a small gap between two walls in EXT Roof of Theme Park.
- FIXED – Deployable gadgets float after the monitor they’re placed on is destroyed in Border.
- FIXED – Sticky gadgets remain floating after destroying a vase in 3F Cocktail Lounge in Kafe.
- FIXED – Light damage projectiles don’t destroy the ashtray in 1F Security Room of Coastline.
- FIXED – Various minor cosmetic modeling and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Various minor menu and HUD visual issues.
- FIXED – Minor animation clipping issues.
- FIXED – Ela Elite’s model outline can be seen behind the paint during the Elite Victory Animation at the end of a match.
- Rainbow Six Siege version 1.79 fixed an issue where Operators’ guns will sometimes briefly display on screen when picking up Bulletproof Cams, Maestro’s Evil Eye, or Jager’s ADS.
- FIXED – Snapping arm animation when close to an object while entering ADS.
- FIXED – Spectators can see Nomad’s ammunition count oscillating between the normal AK-74 ammo and the launchers ammo, when Nomad switches the gadget on and off.
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Added AI improvements.
- Fixed crashing issues.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.79 fixed framerate drop issue.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.79 is now available for download on PS4, PC and Xbox One.