Rainbow Six Siege update version 1.76 is now rolling out on PS4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 patch notes, the latest Operation Shifting Tides update added 2 new operators (Kali and Wamai), theme park map rework and more. Apart from this, today’s Rainbow Six Siege version 1.76 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a big Operation Ember Rise update was released with two new operators – Amaru and Goyo as well as reworked Kanal map. The patch also added new Champions rank, Unranked playlist, new Operators menu, changes to the Shop interface and Player VS AI.
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Rainbow Six Siege version 1.76 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.76 patch notes
Kali – Atk
To talk about the LV Explosive Lance, we need to mention Kali’s CSRX 300. It’s a dangerous weapon that can breach barricades and hatches in a single shot, and create big holes in breakable walls. The LV is its under-barrel, and it can be used at the same time as the CSRX 300’s scopes.
The LV is not your typical explosive. Just like the rifle, it can breach barricades and hatches, but it can also destroy Castle’s Armor Panels. These are not its main functions, however.
Its role is to destroy gadgets with a light explosion within a set radius. When used on a breakable wall, it will create a hole slightly smaller than what the sniper rifle would do. When shot at a reinforced wall, however, it simply lodges in surface.
In either case, it destroys all gadgets on both sides of breakable and reinforced surfaces. This makes it especially effective when played in tandem with a hard breach Operator like Thermite or Hibana.
Keep in mind that the LV Explosive Lance has three charges and is resistant to gadgets like Bandit and Kaid’s electrics, as well as Mute’s Signal Disruptors.
SECONDARY: P226 MK25, C75-Auto
GADGET Breach Charge, Claymore
WAMAI – DEF
Wamai’s gadget changes the game when it comes to ordnance suppression. Where his colleagues can disable and destroy, he redirects.
The Mag-NET System is a thrown, adhesive gadget. It sticks to surfaces and waits. Its function is to attract an opponent’s projectile to its position, and then self-destruct to detonate that projectile.
This way, not only can Wamai make Attackers’ grenades and projectile gadgets useless, he can also use strategic placement to turn those projectiles against them. There’s nothing quite like a commandeered stun or frag grenade to turn the tide in Wamai’s favor.
Starting with one Mag-NET, Wamai regularly gains an additional charge up to a maximum of five. Make sure to place them wisely, as they can be destroyed with a single hit should they be spotted.
GADGET Barbed Wire, Deployable Shield
MAP REWORK: THEME PARK
Did you miss Theme Park? With Operation Shifting Tides, it’s back and reworked! It might not look like it at first glance, but there are some massive changes coming.
There are some major indoors changes to unpack, but let’s start with two things that will affect your outdoor gameplay. First, lines of sight have been constricted to prevent most spawn peeks. Second, Rail Overlook and Lift Car, as well as their ramps, have been removed. The reasoning behind this is quite simple: we’re getting rid of train.
That’s right, the entire Rail Platform area is gone. Instead, the East and West sections of the building have been brought closer together, with Yellow Corridor (previously named Cafe Corridor) and Bunk connected to Office and Initiation Room through breakable walls.
Inside the building, there are a few things to notice, which mostly involve the East section. The downstairs area has been remodeled with a thematic that represents the map’s origin, with the Gargoyle and Haunting Dining bomb sites replaced with the Throne Room and Armory pair. The new Gong Room in this area also becomes the main entrance, with Arcade Entrance being blocked off South-West. Dragon Stairs, previously named Haunted Stairs, now faces East instead of North.
Check out all these changes and more on the test server, and feel free to submit your feedback on R6 Fix.
- The number of pings Jackal receives from a scan now depends on the age of the footprint.
- When eyenox is active, the color and the highlight around the target print will depict the age of the print. Highlighting and scanning a colored print will return a varying number of pings based on its age.
- The existing footprints of the scanned operator will disappear after completing the scan.
- Jackal can no longer either see or scan prints from below.
- Improved interaction with Caveira’s Silent Step.
- Replaced Jackal’s Breach Charges with a Claymore.
- Added a highlight VFX to indicate which footstep is being scanned.
- Added a scanning progress bar
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
GADGET TRAJECTORY ASSET DESTRUCTION
We’re in the process of updating breakable props across all our maps to be more structured in how they are destroyed when they are in the pathway of gadget projectiles and missiles. The goal is to make destruction of various elements across maps more coherent for players. This first iteration should allow projectiles to break fragile props that would otherwise block their path (ex: Grenades, C4, etc.).
GADGET CODE OPTIMIZATION
With the new season, we’ve improved the coding logic for a number of primary and secondary gadgets to protect against potential regressions and widen their capacity for future complexity.
These backend changes will not impact your experience using the gadgets.
CASUAL RENAMED TO QUICK MATCH
Casual is now called Quick Match. Same game mode, new name.
QUICK MATCH + NEWCOMER ROLE SWAP
Quick Match (previously Casual) and Newcomer playlists will adopt the AA-DD role swap. Similar to Ranked, players will swap roles once a match.
The Operator voices for Hibana and Mira have been re-recorded with new voice actors. We are thankful to the voice actors that we worked with up to this point, but with the expansion of our Universe content, we needed to make adjustments to our talent line up to ensure consistency.
Gameplay Changes in R6 Update 1.76
Hostage can’t stand the heat.
- Removed hostage immunity to fire damage.
- Before the hostage has been picked up in a round, Goyo is responsible for all damage his Volcan causes to the hostage.
- After the hostage has been picked up at least once in the round, whoever destroys the Volcan shield is responsible for the damage caused to the hostage.
- Goyo, Capitao, and Wamai will all follow these RFF rules in regards to hostage.
- Additionally, when Attackers escort hostage through a trap (ie: Kapkan EDD) and the hostage bleeds out, the Attackers will lose the round not the Defenders.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.76 fixed an issue where the sanction meter towards getting kicked out of a game does not properly accumulate when a player incurs additional offenses while under RFF.
- FIXED – Hostage can be vulnerable to damage through both reinforced and unbreakable walls when placed too close to the wall.
- FIXED – Drones can get stuck inside a Deployable Shield if the defender deploys the shield on top of the drone.
- FIXED – Deployable Shields are sometimes returned to the owner’s inventory when someone stands on it.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 fixed an issue where some light projectiles are destroying map assets when they should not be.
- FIXED – Asset destruction by a projectile trajectory, is sometimes not replicated properly to other clients.
- FIXED – Indestructible assets on various maps.
- FIXED – Players can use a third party exploit and use Twitch’s Shock Drone to instantly kill players.
- R6 update 1.76 fixed an issue where removed yellow light indicator on Breach and Exothermic charges. They will now change from red to green when the surface is breakable.
- FIXED – Players are not receiving a penalty when joining a ranked/unranked game if they cancel right before it begins.
- FIXED – Inconsistent sound propagation on hatches for thrown nitrocells.
- FIXED – Shields could previously pass through walls and covers in edge cases.
- FIXED – When players stand next to Alibi’s prisma, the prisma can disappear from screen even when it should be visible.
- R6 update 1.76 fixed an issue where amaru gets instantly killed when reeling to a window that has a Frost Trap and a EDD.
- FIXED – Ash’s Breaching Rounds can be destroyed with bullets, melee attacks and explosives.
- FIXED – Ash’s Breaching Round can detonate after being destroyed by another explosive.
- FIXED – Blackbeard’s shield clips through his body when equipping it in lean stance.
- FIXED – Caveira can use silent step with her primary weapon after performing a series of steps..
- FIXED – Clash CCE shield clips through Clash body if a player spams between weapon and shield.
- FIXED – When under DBNO, the range of Ela’s Grzmot mines are smaller than they should be.
- FIXED – Ela’s Grzmot Mine does not detonate if it’s placed on the Mira’s Black Mirror Gas tank.
- FIXED – Meleeing a Volcan Shields canister from the bullet proof casing causes it to detonate.
- FIXED – Missing debuff icon for spectator and support view when watching Jackal while an enemy is being tracked.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.76 fixed an issue where maestro’s gadget is can be destroyed when placed on certain surfaces and breaking cosmetic destruction around it (columns of 1F Restaurant of Tower, tiles of 2F Bathroom of Fortress, popstar poster in 1F Bar of Tower).
- FIXED – Maverick’s right hand is not placed on the Breaching Torch when he is looking right while rappelling from 3rd person POV.
- FIXED – If Mira disconnects while deploying her gadget on a wall, that wall can no longer be reinforced.
- R6 update 1.76 removed various unnecessary vault prompts in several maps.
- FIXED – Various collision corrections that impacted drone + player navigation.
- FIXED – Various dynamic clipping issues across all maps.
- FIXED – Various LoD details for various maps
- FIXED – Various space corrections across all maps to prevent captured drones from losing signal while inside.
- FIXED – 2F Armory on Border has a small gap at head level that allows headshots while crouched.
- Rainbow Six Siege version 1.76 fixed an issue where players can gain an unfair LOS in EXT Campfire Wood of Chalet.
- FIXED – Computers screens missing collision with gadgets on Consulate.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 fixed an issue where wall frames in 2F Kid’s Room of House did not let users deploy gadgets.
- FIXED – Defenders can spawn peek attackers spawning at EXT Park of Kafe.
- FIXED – Players are able to access the top of EXT Cafe Roof Top Skylight on Kafe.
- FIXED – Valkyrie ‘s Black Eye does not mark scanned attackers when placed on the ceiling of EXT 1F Restaurant Balcony.
- FIXED – Inconsistent gadget placement on concrete rubble in 1F Center Hallway and 1F Bar Hallway of Tower.
- FIXED – In Night map of Tower, 2F Elevator corners are too dark.
- R6 update 1.76 fixed minor animation bugs and alignment issues.
- FIXED – Cosmetic visual bugs on various headgears and uniforms.
- FIXED – When previewing weapons, the magazine sometimes spawns before the weapon preview.
- FIXED – Y4 Operators for Year 4 Season Pass owners are not available after logging with a second account on the same console.
- FIXED – UI doesn’t refresh when returning to the operator landing page after setting a new showcase operator.
- FIXED – Blitz Elite VIP VFX can be triggered in the map if Blitz is the host.
- FIXED – Newcomer/Casual playlists remain locked even player’s ongoing match ends and player must restart to unlock.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 fixed an issue where performance drops when fast switching between tabs in RankedExpo menu tabs.
- FIXED – Various map locations where Casters can see OOW.
- FIXED – [Situations] Players can access and get stuck in the basement on the 1st Situation on Hereford Base.
- Added matchmaking improvements.
- Addressed AI improvements.
- Added crashing issues.
- Fixed framerate drop issue.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.76 is now available for download on PS4, PC and Xbox One.