R6 Siege update 2.08 is now rolling out for PS4, PC, and Xbox One players. According to R6 2.08 patch notes, the latest Operation Neon Dawn update added a new defender (Aruni), new accessibility features, reworked the Skyscraper map, and more. Apart from this, R6 update 2.08 also changes to Echo’s Yokai, and Hibana’s X-Kairos.
R6 Operation Neon Dawn patch is larger than usual, but when complete will take up less memory on your computer/console.
Previously, a big Operation Shadow Legacy update added a new operator Zero (Sam Fisher) with a new Argus device for intel and utility. Recently, a minor hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s R6 version 2.08 will fix a few of these issues.
R6 2.08 Patch Notes
UNIQUE ABILITIES AND PLAYSTYLE
Once in place, the gate projects a laser array capable of detecting anyone moving through it. When an intruder is detected, energy output to the laser increases, causing second- and third-degree burns. We spent nearly an hour tossing everything from wads of paper to pieces of fruit through until we found a setting that maximizes damage while limiting energy consumption.
MAP REWORK: SKYSCRAPER
Skyscraper has been reworked to balance gameplay and enhance navigation. Players have a new angle of attack, as Operators can now rappel onto the roof. As well, Dragon is now an interior room, and provides a bridge between 2F House and 2F Restaurant.
For balancing reasons, some entryways have been blocked and part of the balcony has been removed to prevent Attackers from camping outside. Despite these changes, the map’s identity and art style remains intact.
Jäger’s Active Defense System now has a cooldown of 10 seconds after intercepting an opponent’s projectile, and it won’t be able to intercept additional projectiles until the cooldown ends. The ADS also has an infinite number of charges, as opposed to just 2.
HIBANA CONFIGURABLE SHOT
Hibana’s X-Kairos Launcher was originally built to shoot 6 X-Kairos at once, yet only 4 X-Kairos are needed to destroy a hatch. The Launcher can now be configured to shoot 2, 4, or 6 X-Kairos, allowing players to manage Hibana’s resources as they see fit.
ECHO VISIBLE YOKAI
Echo’s Yokai drone now remains visible when placed on ceilings. This attempts to resolve some of the frustration and balancing issues that resulted from the device’s original invisibility feature. It also allows players to be more strategic with the placement of Yokai and develop new skills while playing as Echo.
- Fixed an issue where players are unable to start Training Grounds through matchmaking.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to overwrite the game mode, rules, or map in matchmade games.
Fixed a bug where player can lose control of their character at the end of a round.
Fixed several functionality issues present when picking up or attempting to detonate a Nitro Cell.
Addressed an issue where various matchmaking capabilities when finding another match after a match cancellation and when the player joins a match in progress.
- Fixed an issue where players are able to see the opposing team before joining the match.
- Fixed a Deployable gadgets’ colliders don’t rotate with player perspective.
- Fixed a bug where sticky gadgets are bouncing off of bulletproof gadgets.
Fixed a bug where all players in a game are experiencing FPS drops when a player spins in a specific location on some maps.
- Fixed a bug where bomb asset has a minor gap visible on all maps.
- Fixed a bug where teamkills with RFF disabled will take effect on the first map with RFF enabled.
- Addressed an issue where various map asset destruction issues.
- Fixed audio issues are present on various maps.
- Addressed innconsistent vault prompts found on several maps.
- Addressed an issue where various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- Fixed a bug where gadget deployment issues found on multiple maps.
- Fixed lighting and mesh issues visible on various maps.
- Addressed collision issues present on several different maps.
Addressed ability to use a shield to vault onto the counter in the Piano Room on Chalet map.
Fixed a bug where glass cannot be properly destroyed in the fridge and cigar cabinet on Chalet map.
Operator’s legs clip through all the stone walls that surround B Backyard Stairs on Chalet map.
- LOS issues on Clubhouse map from 1F Garage to Eastern Sub-roof.
- A multitude of LOD issues are present on Skyscraper map.
- Multiple graphic errors can be seen on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed several items can be seen floating on Skyscraper map in specific circumstances.
- Fixed several items on Skyscraper map are unbreakable.
- Addressed an issue where various clipping and visual gaps on Skyscraper map.
- Kanji appearing on a Bathroom poster should read 雪 月 花 on Skyscraper map.
- MVP screen brightness makes player names unreadable on Skyscraper map.
- Spawn issues present for Operators, Hostages, and enemies on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed a bug where player can navigate onto a window frame in 2F Geisha and have an exploitable line of sight on Skyscraper map.
- When set to other languages, English language is still displayed for 1F Bedroom Closet on Skyscraper map.
- Drones can get stick or fall out of bounds at multiple locations on Skyscraper map.
- Missing bomb at 1F Bathroom site on Skyscraper map.
- Defenders are able to place certain deployable gadgets on bombs.
- Melee debris and decals sometimes appear before the hit animation.
- Addressed an issue where various clipping and minor animation issues for operator weapons and gear.
- Melee/knife speed is faster than it should be.
- Reticle dot/crosshair issues present with several Operator devices.
- Minor overlay animation issues for Operators and their gadgets.
Addressed an issue where various issues where it is possible to deploy gadgets on top of one another.
Ace’s SELMA is affected by electricity when thrown in a hole covered by electricity. SELMA may fail to detonate a second time.
- Aruni’s melee attack does not break certain surfaces and windows.
- Surya Gate will not destroy certain gadgets when placed on a destructible wall.
- Aruni doesn’t rotate properly in third person when deploying Surya Gate.
- Aruni has a greater melee distance than the other operators.
- Surya Gate can be picked up while overloading or when it’s overloaded.
- If Castle’s Armor Panel takes melee damage in the same spot near either side of the door frame, a gap will be present.
Echo’s Yokai drone can become indestructible when attached to a ceiling.
Yokai potentially loses SFX while attached to the ceiling if the game is left in the background using ALT-TAB on a PC.
Hibana aims weapon sight down automatically when activating pellets.
Addressed an issue where various functionality and visual issues that occur when using Hibana’s X-Kairos.
- Visual effects of IQ’s Electronics Detector are not visible further than 15 M away.
- IQ is missing the Razor Holo scope available on their 552 Commando weapon.
- Electronics Detector wave effect is still present on Kaid’s disabled Electroclaw.
- The LV-Lance’s spike is passing through a Deployable Shield like it does for a soft wall.
- It is possible to destroy an Evil Eye when it is placed on destructible surfaces.
- Fixed several functionality issues with Montagne’s shield and guard breaking.
- Mozzie’s Pest Launcher will not capture a drone when another is within range but out of sight.
- Oryx occasionally shows inconsistent behavior after dashing.
- Bloody vignette is missing after Oryx passes through a soft wall.
- Visual and functionality issues associated with Tachanka’s Shumikha Launcher.
- When Tachanka shoots a Frag Grenade, frag bounce SFX can sometimes play unintentionally.
- Thatcher’s EMP Grenade doesn’t disable Clash’s CCE Shield electricity.
- Thatcher does not receive any points when disabling a security camera.
- Users who join a match in progress are unable to tag attackers through Valkyrie’s Blackeyes.
- Fixed several visual and audio issues present with Zero’s SC3000K.
- Issues present with Zero’s gadget crosshairs during end of round replay when equipping the Argus Launcher.
- Issues with animation and damage for Zero’s cameras.
- Resolved an issue where zero’s camera deployment can be heard OffSide.
Addressed an issue where zero’s 5.7 USG has a barrel attachment menu present despite only having the silencer equipped by default.
After finishing a Lone Wolf session, players receive the message “Please Wait, Synchronizing Data” infinitely.
“Asset Protection,” “Improvise Defense,” and “No Intel” enter an infinite loading screen if they are started as soon as the game is installed on the console.
Resolved an issue where ultrawide ratio (32:9) is no longer supported since Y5S3 release.
Fixed an issue where Maps votes are registering if players interact with player profiles through scoreboard when it is open as an overlay.
- Fixed an issue where the user’s screen may turn blank after the Operator Selection Phase.
- The low health sound and proximity alarm can be heard repeating multiple times in particular circumstances.
- Resolved an issue where season graphics are not currently optimized for 4K screens.
- Fixed a bug where the Skill distribution chart does not appear in the Skill tab of the Ranked info section.
- Resolved a bug where in support mode, the weapon reticle and crosshair remains on the drone HUD in the Preparation Phase.
- Addressed an issue where various key binding/control issues on PC and consoles.
- Fixed several issues present for players in both voice and text chat.
- Resolved cosmetic and texture issues present with charms, uniforms, headgears, weapons, and attachments.
- Addressed an issue where various caster/spectator HUD improvements and updates.
- Fixed an issue where various Menu UI improvements and fixes, including language on bans.
- Addressed an issue where various UI and store visual issues for items in game.
Resolved an issue when creating a Custom Game playlist, House is the only map currently available for selection. Several customization settings are also missing.
Fixed an issue where scoring message is the same for both destroying and disabling a Nitro Cell.
- Fixed several UI issues present with Operator and item icons in game.
- Functionality and UI issues present within the Options menu.
- Currency Packs and Digital Content tabs cannot be accessed in the Store on PS4.
- Previously equipped customization assets remain equipped in the save file even if the asset isn’t owned by the user.
- Loading icon will be present during the Map Ban Phase until the map is decided.
- Dead player pings are not replicated in Spectator mode.
Partially destroyed barricade obstructs the victory screen for most of the duration.
Kill Feed shows a placeholder skull for some operators if they perform kills with their gadget.
- Fixed crashing problem.
- Matchmaking improvements added with this patch.
- Added various network connection improvements.
- Addressed game login issues.
- Gameplay optimizations added.
- Addressed fps drop issues.
- Made several gameplay adjustments.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Download free R6 Siege update 2.08 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.