PUBG update 1.52 patch notes (v8.3) released for PS4 players. According to the official PUBG 1.52 patch notes, the latest update added a new Ferry system to Erangel, a new item that can temporarily negate Bluezone damage and two new Team Deathmatch stages in Sanhok. Apart from this, PUBG version 1.52 also includes a number of bug and hitching fixes and more.
Previously, a big update added new MG3 Care Package weapon, Decoy Grenade, PCS2 Esports Tab, and more.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s PUBG version 1.52 will fix a few of these issues.
Read what is new and fixed in PUBG 1.52 patch notes?
New Feature: Erangel Ferries
For those of you wondering what the new docks on Erangel were all about since we added them last update, your ship has come in!
Two new Ferry lines will now carry passengers across the water from Southern Erangel to Sosnovka Island and back. There’s a total of 4 ferries that make round trips throughout the game for those of you not feeling lucky enough to yolo it across the bridge.
- Four Ferries have been added to Erangel
- Ferries allow players to board and travel via two set routes between the Erangel Mainland and Sosnovka Island
- Each route has two Ferries
- Each Ferry will depart from the docks with the first phase of the Blue Zone.
- Once arriving at a dock, ferries will stay docked for approximately 20 seconds before taking to the sea en route to their destination
- Ferries will sound a horn 7 secs prior to arrival and departure. Hop aboard!
- Ferries are not available in Ranked Mode or Esports Mode in Custom Matches
New Item: Jammer Pack
We’ve been teasing the Jammer Pack for a while, and it’s finally making its Battlegrounds debut! The Jammer Pack allows you to prevent Blue Zone damage for a short time at the expense of level 3 bag space. For now, the Jammer Pack will only spawn rarely on Sanhok and Karakin in Normal and Custom Matches.
- The Jammer Pack uses its energy to temporarily prevent players from taking damage from the Blue Zone
- An new energy bar for the Jammer Pack will be displayed on screen once equipped
- Once all energy has been depleted, the Jammer Pack will function only a regular backpack, not giving any protection against the Blue Zone
- Energy depletes more quickly as the Blue Zone deals more damage
- Available in Normal and Custom Matches as rare world loot spawn on Karakin and Sanhok
- Also obtainable from the Sanhok Loot Truck
New Mode: PUBG Labs – Arena Mode
You have looted items and taken out squads after squads for a winner-takes-all showdown; it is this adrenaline rush that was the driving force behind the PUBG craze.
We will continue to introduce new weapons and maps to keep our players excited and engaged and introducing new game modes will be a part of that endeavor. Fellow survivors, we are pleased to announce our newest addition, Arena Mode.
Gameplay Changes in PUBG version 1.52
- Decoy Grenades have been added Karakin and Training Mode
- Miramar hay bales and haystacks are now destructible (much like their Erangel counterparts)
- Added Pai Nan and Bootcamp to Team Deathmatch
- Added additional natural cover in the form of trees and rocks outside Bootcamp, Sanhok on both the North and West sides
- Destructible wooden shacks have been re-added to Erangel
- These were temporarily replaced with concrete shacks in Update 8.2 due to a technical issue
Sanhok Loot Truck
- Added Jammer Pack to available loot
- Greatly reduced the number of Level 3 Helmets and Ghillie suits drops from Loot Trucks
- Limited the number of duplicate item drops from Loot Trucks, to prevent situations where excessive loot of the same type is dropped from one Loot Truck
Up until now, assists were only tracked during the recap of Ranked Mode matches. Now we’re expanding upon it’s visibility and adding it to Normal Matches as well, with new UI elements added to show when your assists happen.
Assist UI and messaging has been added to Ranked Mode, Normal Matches in Duos/Squads and team modes in Battle Royale Custom Matches. The current assist system for TDM will remain unchanged.
- Assists are earned after dealing at least 25 damage to an enemy who is then killed soon after by a teammate.
- You’ll be granted an assist for enemies knocked within 60 seconds of you dealing the minimum damage, who are then later killed by one of your teammate, without being revived beforehand.
- Assists also apply when these conditions are met in situations where an enemy dies instantly, due to being the last member alive in their team or squad.
Teammate Combat Indicators
We’ve added a visual indication for when your squad mates are attacked by enemy players. This will help teams react more quickly to allies under fire, especially those not using voice comms.
- Additional indicators will now display alongside the existing teammate UI to help you identify when teammates are engaged in combat.
- You’ll see these indicators in the existing locations you get information on your teammate’s current status.
- Team HUD
- On-screen 3D teammate icons
- The notifications won’t display while spectating (including replays) or watching the Deathcam
Bot AI Improvements
We’ve made a few improvements to bots to make them act a little more naturally.
- With the 8.2, we improved the M416 sound to be more realistic. However, we are aware that the updated sound was not as intense compared to other ARs. So, we’ve made further improvements on the M416 sound. Please let us know how you think about the new changes!
- Since the recent sound improvements to the Kar98k and SKS, we’ve received feedback that the overall volume of the sounds are too loud. We’ve heard your feedback and have lowered the volume when firing both the Kar98k and SKS
Train Your Skills While Matchmaking
Players will now have the option to join Training Mode while waiting for their Ranked Match queue. About 30 seconds after your queue begins, you’ll be given a popup asking whether you want to stay in the lobby or join Training Mode. This is a good, completely optional way to warm up and pass the time before getting into your Ranked Match.
- After matchmaking for 30 seconds, you’ll be presented with the option to enter Training Mode while remaining in queue for your Ranked Match
- You can choose to either stay in the lobby or enter Training Mode while continuing to wait for a match
- Bear in mind, you won’t necessarily be placed into the same Training Mode instance as your teammates
- You and your teammates will automatically be removed from Training Mode and sent into a Ranked Match once found
- Leaving Training Mode manually will return you to the main menu, where you’ll remain in the Ranked Mode queue
- You won’t have the option to rejoin Training Mode if you’ve manually left
- Matchmaking will be cancelled if any teammates exit PUBG, or cancel matchmaking
Match Standby Time Changes
- Match beginning time in ranked mode has been increased to 120 seconds from the previous 60 seconds.
- On certain console devices, there was an issue of long loading times at the start of the match which ended up having the plane leave before the player even connected to the game. Our system doesn’t allow player connection once the plane has left. Therefore, we increased the time to prevent this from happening.
Performance and Optimization
- Reduced the chance of hitching or stuttering to occur while the game is spawning items
- Items will be loaded in advance during the loading splash screen
- We expect this improvement will also resolve most cases of items not being displayed upon landing and cases where throwing a melee weapon can result in the projectile visually stuttering.
- Optimized shadow animations when exiting vehicles
- Optimized the cost of world particle effects to ease potential overloads which could cause a decrease in performance
- Optimized the rendering pipeline to improve performance
- Added Jammer Backpack (Sanhok and Karakin)
Esports Ruleset Update
- Esports Mode has been updated with the latest global S.U.P.E.R. ruleset
Store – Featured Page Overhaul
Store featured page has gone through an overhaul to provide better experience. Browse and interact with the new featured page!
- The outgame background color has been changed to improve readability and quality
- Improved some design components for consistency
- Ranked Mode insignias have been aligned on the lobby screen
- The friends list UI is now displayed in full screen
Bug Fixes in PUBG PS4 update 1.52
- Fixed the excessive reverb of the AWM firing sound.
- Fixed the reverb sound of Kar98k not played while shooting the weapon outdoors
- PUBG PS4 version 1.52 fixed the issue where players could use melee weapons inside the first starting plane in War Mode
- Fixed a visual issue with the Skorpion where the bolt moved too far forward in single fire mode.
- Fixed the issue where Skorpion’s ejector does not open after switching to full-auto firing mode
- Fixed the issue where Panzerfaust’s warhead stays in the air when fired as the player gets DBNO’d.
- Fixed the issue where throwing a grenade at the exact moment of death created a duplicate grenade in the inventory
- Fixed the issue where vaulting whilst switching weapons may interrupt the action and can unholster the weapon.
- Fixed the issue where a character’s face would display abnormally when performing a throwing action after holding a melee weapon.
- Fixed the issue where M24’s front iron sight would display abnormally in ADS
- Fixed the issue of reconnection popup message not being displayed when player reconnects to match after crashing
- PUBG PS4 update 1.52 fixed the issue of when ADSing with 4x on MG3, players are able to see the reticle of 5.56mm weapon.
- Fixed the issue when a party is not created when sending an invitation to a platform friend in a custom match.
- Fixed the issue where the highlight is gone if you scroll down from the settings, game play tab, use items continuously and then going into deathcam.
- Fixed the issue where the arm clips with characters body when reloading.
- PUBG version 1.52 fixed the issue where the character drops 3 magazines when doing a full reload.
- Fixed the issue when the loot truck disappears from the screen, the smoke effect disappears as well.
- Fixed the issue where you are able to send platform invitations to players in a custom match session.
- Fixed the issue where opponents’ head and outfit were invisible in certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where boats could spawn on the bridges at the docks of Erangel
- PUBG update 1.52 fixed the issue where characters located in the very front of the train could take damage when jumping continuously.
- Fixed the issue where ammunition is not spawned in Ranked, Miramar.
- Fixed the issue where in certain buildings of the Podvosto area in Vikendi had roof textures inside of the buildings.
- Fixed the issue where a player is able to see through a wall in a certain location in Paradise Resort in FPP mode.
- Fixed the issue where the wheel texture gets awkward when driving on certain lines on the road in Campo Militar, Miramar.
- Fixed the issue of players being spawned in midair in certain places.
- Fixed the issue of a destroyed shack seems intact from afar in Erangel.
- Fixed the issue where you can walk through walls in certain buildings of El Pozo, Miramar.
- Fixed the issue where in Ruins, some bumps where impossible to walk over while walking.
- Fixed the issue where in some parts of Miramar, certain objects were displayed wrongly when crashing into them on a motorcycle. Followed by getting rejected from motorcycles.
- Fixed the misaligned texts in the match history screen.
- Fixed the omitted level information of some helmet items in the customize screen.
- Fixed the issue where new makeup skins are being misaligned in the customize screen.
- Fixed the issue where some killfeed images overlapping with other UI during killcam.
- Fixed the issue where squadmates were not displayed in the team list UI.
- Fixed the issue of friends list showing recent list when fullscreen is closed on recent tab.
Fixed the issue where pagination arrows did not have any sound effects.
Skin & Item
- PUBG 1.52 fixed the awkward texture displayed when equipping Plaid Skirt (Flannel Gray) item.
- Fixed the issue where character only wearing coat/jacket costumes after the game starts when equipping bow tie costume along with them.
- Fixed the issue where part of character’s body becoming partially transparent when equipping Heavy Fur Coat and Summer Bikini items together.
- PUBG 1.52 fixed the issue where female character’s legs displayed abnormally when equipping Lucha Royale Wrestler boots.
- Fixed the clipping issue when equipping Duncan’s pants item
- Fixed the reversed text on the Retro Synthwave skin.
- PUBG version 1.52 fixed the issue where earrings disappear when equipping facial skins (Mustache, masks etc.) along with Sassy Shades (Red) item.
- Fixed the clipping issue when equipping hoodie items along with PCS1 Mask item.
- Fixed the clipping issue when equipping long shirt with Punk Knukles Gloves.
Download free PUBG update 1.52 for PS4 and Xbox One.