PUBG update 1.70 patch notes released for PS4 players. According to the official PUBG 1.70 patch notes, the latest update added various tweaks and fixes. Apart from this, PUBG PS4 update 1.70 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update added character balancing, gameplay changes and a long list of bug fixes.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s PUBG PS4 version 1.70 update will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Read what is new and fixed in PUBG PS4 Update 1.70 patch notes?
Miramar World Update
Miramar holds a special place in our hearts; launched alongside PUBG 1.0 in December 2017 we’re thrilled to show you the improvements made for Season 12.
Throughout the map, we’ve focused on improving the overall visual quality (lighting especially) while also keeping a close eye on improving player interactions with the environment to improve your gameplay experience.
Expect an overall smoother experience, with reduced object clutter, less troublesome coastlines, adjusted cover across the map, and more.
- Fixed the issue where bots weren’t able to attack players on motorcycles.
- Fixed an issue with bot DBNO bleed speed.
- Fixed the issue where bots won’t attack players for more than ten seconds.
- Fixed the issue where a different message is displayed after accepting “Continue with this team”.
- Fixed the issue where the camera’s up/down rotation angle is overly limited in some vehicles.
- Fixed the issue where the player perspective doesn’t return to default settings after using the Emergency Pickup.
- Fixed the issue where players are able to throw an item through a window without breaking it.
- Fixed the issue where the Helmet hiding feature is turned on as default.
- Fixed the issue of the Match Report lists showing non-squad members when the match is in progress.
- Fixed the issue of a DBNO player on a Dirt Bike remaining on the bike, still able to ride.
- Fixed the issue where the microphone could activate on death even when it isn’t activated in a Custom match.
- Fixed the issue where the character doesn’t hold their weapon as they get out of the vehicle in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where a destroyed Motor Glider could cause the driver to be de-synced appear in a different location after landing.
- Fixed the issue where the Blue Zone was blocking the backpack and Emergency Pickup interaction.
- Fixed the issue where players were unable to eject from Emergency Pickup
UI / UX
- Fixed an issue where the nickname of the opponent team was displayed in the player selection list when reporting a squad member from the squad management menu during TDM.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s own nickname wasn’t highlighted in yellow on the leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue on Miramar where the plane path UI and exiting the plane wouldn’t work correctly in a few specific situations.
- Aligned the text under Settings → Audio → Master Volume.
- Fixed the issue with the Equip UI being displayed in red randomly while riding in a vehicle.
- Fixed the issue where squad-mates online status wasn’t reflected in real-time on the social page.
- Fixed the issue of a missing comma in the G-Coin prices in the purchase pop-up.
- Fixed the issue where the “Back to custom session” message is displayed when creating a Custom match and then accessing the Social screen.
- Fixed the issue where the season mission image displayed the wrong weapon image.
- Fixed an issue where the result screen was not displayed upon death when switching from the replay screen to the highlight and then returning to the lobby and playing the game again.
- Fixed the issue where players are able to send an invitation to players in matchmaking situations and form a team.
- Fixed the issue where the color of the survival mastery reward LV.370 nameplate is partially displayed in the wrong color.
- Fixed the issue where the friend’s orders are wrongly displayed on the social screen.
- Fixed the issue of online friends not being updated in real-time on the Social widget.
- Fixed the issue where certain menus were not displayed in the Social widget as intended.
- Fixed the issue where the played time with friends was displayed in the Social menu.
- Fixed the issue where some English descriptions were incorrect in some Medals.
- Fixed the issue where the translation for Play Zone and Red Zone weren’t applied on the killfeed.
- Fixed the issue where players who have already been added as friends show up in the ‘previously played with list’ on certain accounts.
Skin & Items
- Fixed an issue with the left arm graphics being displaying strangely, depending on the graphic quality, after equipping the Crash Test Handwraps.
- Fixed the clipping issue occurring after equipping the LV.1 Vest followed by the Mad’s Jumpsuit on a female character.
- Fixed the clipping issue when Spike Sweetness Jacket and PCS2 Unseen Survivor Masks are equipped at the same time.
The following changes were added with the previous update
New Weapon: MG3 –
The latest weapon available in Battlegrounds Care Packages is the fast firing MG3 Light Machine Gun. With two different rates of fire, a bipod for stability, tracer rounds to help you keep track of your spray, and increased weapon damage to vehicles, there’s a new reason to fight over the big red box.
- Spawns in Care Packages on all maps, in Normal Matches only.
- Not currently available in Ranked Matches
- The MG3 has two firing modes which change the fire rate between 660 rpm and 990 rpm.
- Chambered for 7.62mm, holds 75 rounds and has a muzzle velocity of 820 m/s.
- Tracer rounds are fired every 5th round, as well as for the final 10 bullets of each magazine, letting you know that ammo is running low.
- Tracer rounds can only be seen by the shooter.
- Supports optical attachments up to the 6x Scope.
- MG3 does greater damage(x 1.25) when shooting at vehicles.
- The MG3 has a bipod attached, deploying automatically when prone to greatly improve weapon stability.
New Throwable: Decoy Grenade
Disorient your enemies and cover your movements with the new Decoy Grenade. Available as world loot on Sanhok, the Decoy Grenade will make fake firing sounds for about 10 seconds after thrown, giving you a few moments to make your move.
The Decoy Grenade is a new throwable which mimics gunshot sounds. Purposely made to be used as a tactical item to distract and outwit your opponents.
- Available only on Sanhok in Normal Matches, as a rare world spawn item.
- Not available in Ranked Mode.
- Decoy grenades can be cooked to reduce their detonation time out of the hand and are thrown just like other grenades.
- Upon detonation, Decoy Grenades generate random gunshot sounds for 10 seconds and eject shell casings to add to the guise of real gunfire.
- Beware, they’re not waterproof! Dropping one into water will disable its effects.
- Decoy Grenades don’t currently spawn in Training Mode.
LMG(Light Machine Guns) weapon balance adjustment
- Camera wobble of LMGs during prone has been reduced
- There has been no actual changes made to the weapons. However, players will be able to shoot LMGs in prone more stably due to reduced camera shake.
- New damage multiplier to vehicles has been updated to LMGs.
- MG3: x 1.25
- DP28 : x 1.15
- M249: x 1.10
Weapon Remodel and Retexture
M416, SKS and Kar98k has been remodeled from scratch to high level of visual quality. Along with their visual update, weapon sounds of those weapons has been overhauled to match the improved quality.
- To offer some more context on the gun sound changes included in this update, our goal was to increase the realism and quality of the sounds for the M416, SKS and Kar98k.
- The Kar98k and SKS had their local and remote gunfire audio modified, this is both the sound you hear when firing your own weapon and when others fire theirs. For the M416, we were happy with the remote gunshot audio, but it wasn’t very recognizable as an M416 when compared to the local sound you’d hear when firing it yourself. So, we decided to completely update the local sound and leave the remote sound as is.
Care Package Updates
- C4 has been added to Care Packages on all maps, except Karakin.
- MG3 has been added to Care Packages on all maps.
- The C4 and MG3 are not available in Ranked Mode.
- Four docks have been added to Erangel.
- Two docks have been added to existing wharves, one at Novorepnoye and the other at Ferry Pier.
- The southern beach of the Erangel mainland and Sosnovka Island have also had docks added.
- All destructible wooden shacks have been replaced with concrete, indestructible shacks. This is a temporary change due to a technical issue with destructible shacks.
Quality of Life Improvements
Helmet Hide Function
Sometimes you just want to look good for YOU. For those moments, you can now toggle off your helmet to maintain your default costume pieces, even after you protect your noggin with a fine Level 3 helmet. This functionality is purely cosmetic, and other players will still see you with a helmet on, but you’ll at least get the satisfaction of enjoying your chicken dinner in full Alex the Dinosaur costume glory.
- When Helmet Hide is enabled, your hoodie, hat or other head covering will remain visible even when wearing a helmet.
- To all other players, you’ll still be seen wearing, equipping and otherwise interacting with your helmet.
- This is a local visual change, only showing for players who enable it.
- Helmet Hide is disabled by default. You can enable it in the Settings, or by clicking the option in the Inventory.
- Equipable slots for Head and Helmet are now separated.
- Equipping a helmet now won’t automatically drop your hat, or other cosmetic item in the head slot.
The Following performance improvements have been made.
- Improved font loading process to reduce game stuttering/hitching.
- Optimized the process for loading character data to reduce instances of stuttering/hitching and ensure a more stable framerate.
- The item table is now preloaded on the client backend which results in items loading quicker.
- Refactored the onscreen Key Guide widget to reduce potential instances of stuttering/hitching.
- Improved the game from hitching when loading a character on the inventory screen.
- Gained usable memory through weapon sound audio related optimization
Esports Tab – PCS 2
The Esports Tab has been updated to include PCS2 information and the next Pick em challenge! When the challenge unlocks, you can head over and make your predictions just like before. Grab as many points as you can and pick up some of the great new PCS2 items! Esports Tab will be available from 8.2 live server update to September 23rd!
- Overview page will now feature a total of 4 pages.
- 1st page
- An introduction to PCS 2 and thumbnail image which when clicked will redirect you to the live stream and event information.
- Now each day with a match on a schedule will be highlighted.
- 2nd page
- Introduction to the Pick’em challenge. Here, you will be able to learn how to participate and preview rewards.
- 3rd, 4th page
- PCS Focus which features certain players who successfully advanced to PCS 2 from each region (APAC/ASIA, EUROPE/NORTH)
- A player who has recorded the best PCS 1 PEPS+ stats from the region
- A player who has recorded the most kills in PCS 2 preliminary
- A player who has been selected as a dark horse
- All participating teams and their players (including team’s reserved players!) can be found here.
- Under the team name, the title of the preliminary where that team went through and their final placement is displayed.
- Weekly team stats will be updated weekly.
- Up to date standings with a per region breakdown (APAC, Asia, North America, and Europe)
- Until the start of the event, countdown to the very first match of each region is displayed.
- PICK’EM CHALLENGE
- Event page for the PCS2 Pick’Em Challenge where you can vote on who you think will take home the event victory.
- All details can be found here on how to participate for a chance to unlock exclusive rewards. We’ll also be sharing a separate announcement with more details before this goes live
UI/UX & Menus
Background Music Selection
Players looking for a bit of nostalgia when they log in can now choose their lobby music! We’ve added a selection of themes dating from all the way back to Early Access for you to choose from. After all, there’s no better way to get hyped for the Battlegrounds than by rocking your favorite tunes!
Select your Background Music under Settings.
- Previously used background music is now available for selection.
- Each Season, BGM is reset to default.
- Ranked Mode and the Esports tab will feature their own exclusive BGM which cannot be changed.
- New Match History section has been added to the Career tab
- You can view your most recent 20 matches.
- Review match records from both Normal and Ranked matches.
- Records over 30 days old cannot be viewed in detail.
- Leaving a match early or disconnecting due to an error will prevent that match from being recorded in your Match History.
New Loading Screen and Guide for Training Mode
- New splash art and text has been added for loading screen.
- Additional informational text has been added on the map screen.
In-game UI Improvements
- Unified the style and location of round buttons to improve the visual experience.
Improved irregular title locations on some screens.
Design of badges, tags, wide pop-up screens and drop-down menus has been improved/
Emote Settings Improvement
- Now you can double click to equip/unequip an emote from your emote list.
Drag & drop emotes in the emote wheel to change slots or unequip emotes.
Improved System messages
- Improved system messages displayed in case of server maintenance, server overload, external provider authentication failure etc to be more clear.
Store UI Update
- When bonus items are included in sets, they are now displayed in the Bonus Gift section of the item preview screen.
- Now all set items are displayed on the character while previewing an emote.
- Hashtag feature
- Items will be filtered by each hashtag then displayed on the items list.
- Item preview
- If an item is on sale, a tag with the discount rate will be displayed on the top left corner of the item.
- An item that has been released within the last seven days will get a “NEW” badge indication on the top left corner.
Added CPP Icons for each Platforms
- Previously, platform icons only showed “My platform” and “Other platform”. Now we have added platform icons for all three platforms to help distinguish which platform other players are playing on.
Friends List Rework
- The friends list has undergone a visual and functional rework.
- More detailed status of a friend such as ‘On your team’ is now displayed
- Friends tab now displays last online state of offline player on the friends list
- Player on the recent tab now displays the point of time last played with
- Now player can invite a player already in a team
- Accepting this invite will make the player move from the existing team to the new team.
- Follow friends renamed to add/remove friends.
New system message for custom match
- New message has been added when players are kicked by match observers.
- This is to clearly distinguish messages in situations where a player has been kicked by the host, versus being kicked for cheating or another Rules of Conduct offence.
“Custom Match Update! Part 2!”
- New modes and presets are added
- Zombie Mode
- War Mode: Conquest
- We are planning to provide match configuration and observing
Skin & Items
- Night on the Town
- NIGHTCLUB DRESS SET (+ Victory Dance 23 emote)
- BOW TIE AND SUSPENDERS SET (+ Bundle of Hearts emote)
- Individual items
- Nightclub Dress (White)
- Nightclub Stockings
- Bow Tie and Suspenders Suit
- Shiny Shoes and Socks
- PCS Item sets (8 sets)
- PCS2 SLR BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 BERYL M762 BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 S12K BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 BUGGY BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 MASK BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 EMOTE BOX (+ Voting coupon 1 EA)
- PCS2 ALL-IN-ONE SET (+ Voting coupon 5 EA)
- PCS2 WEAPON SET (+ Voting coupon 3 EA)
Metal Plated M416 Skins
- Gold and Silver Plate M416 skins are returning to the store!
- Over the years, we’ve released dozens of skins on the PUBG store, only to have them never show up again after the initial sale. Some players have been asking for another chance at some of these skins, so after some thought, we’ve decided to bring a couple items back to the store. We’re starting off with the Gold and Silver Plate M416 skins from quite a while back and will consider additional skins in the future if these go over well. We hope this gives our new players, and those of you who missed out the first time, another chance!
- METAL PLATED M416 SET
- Gold Plate – M416
- Silver Plate – M416
- Mazarin1k’s Hoodie
- Mazarin1k’s SLR
- Mazarin1k’s Tactical Gloves
- NeoticaCH’s M416
- NeoticaCH’s Shirt
PUBG – PlayStation®Plus Drop Pack (PS Plus Exclusive)
Introduction of the Killer Clown Sets on PS4: PS4 players never had the chance to get the Killer Clown Set as it was introduced before the launch on PS4. It is finally here and it’s now yours to get.
- Killer Clown Pants
- Killer Clown Shoes
- Killer Clown Suit
- Killer Clown Wig
- Killer Clown Mask
- [BATTLESTAT] Rip Tide – SLR
- 5 Levels
Note: We have free perks planned for Xbox players in October so please stay tuned!
- Night on the Town sets : After the August 27th live server maintenance ~ Until September 24th liver server maintenance
- PCS 2: After the August 27th live server maintenance ~ September 8th 17:00 (KST)
- Metal Plated M416: September 2nd ~ September 30th 11:00 (KST)
- TBR: September 2nd 11:00 KST ~ September 29th 10:59 KST
- DLC: September 1st 10:00 KST ~ October 7th 02:00 KST
Bug Fixes in PUBG 1.70
- Now players are able to attach Charms to Sanhok 4 weapons.
- Fixed the issue where you could turn the character in the lobby by following certain steps.
- Fixed the inventory malfunction happen in certain cases during TDM gameplay.
- Fixed the game lobby generally displayed in yellowish color.
- Fixed the issue where being unable to accomplish ‘Survive 15 minutes without taking any damage from the Blue Zone’ mission in certain cases.
- Fixed the issue where sounds are not played along with the game hitching during TDM gameplay.
- Fixed the issue being unable to turn the character in the customize -> emote section
- Fixed an issue where the direction of arrows stuck in characters was always the same, regardless of the character’s orientation.
- Fixed the issue where Bot character spawning with DP-28 in Vikendi.
- Fixed the settings of the optics resetting to default when reconnecting to the game.
- PUBG PS4 update 1.50 fixed the bug where players would jump vertically straight down from the plane.
- Fixed the animation for characters who are holding a panzerfaust and on fire.
- Fixed the grenade pin clipping through character finger in FPP.
- PUBG version 1.50 fixed the issue where players were able to see behind the tree leaves in certain camera angle of rotation.
- Fixed an issue where the bullets in a Kar98 could appear outside the chamber while reloading.
- Fixed an issue where specific female hairstyles could appear incorrect while holding a spike trap.
- Fixed an issue where the jerry can would disappear from a character’s hands if that character were on fire.
- Fixed an issue where the fall animation could appear incorrect if the character was holding c4.
- Improved the animation for moving from ready to throw a melee weapon to unequipping the melee weapon.
- PUBG version 1.50 fixed the animation for switching to any weapon from the panzerfaust while in the prone position.
- Improved the animation for discarding a panzerfaust after use.
- Fixed an issue where the player character is sometimes not properly synced(e.g. dead body standing upright).
- Fixed an issue of M416 iron sight aimpoint is obscured in ADS.
- Fixed an issue of the trajectory of target moves downward when you are done getting ready to throw C4 in FPP.
- Fixed an issue of the phase image (round) on the timeline and the background (the black area) are not located correctly.
- Fixed an issue of Woodland Ghillie Suit clips through the vehicle roof.
- Fixed an issue where the hit zone-based damage reduction was not applied on the UAZ (closed top).
- Fixed an issue when ADSing Julie’s Kar98k equipped with a 4x scope looted by destroying Loot Truck, the reticle looks the same as when adsing a 5.56mm gun equipped with a 4x scope.
- Fixed an issue where the suppressor of Lunchmeat’s AKM, one of the unique weapons of Sanhok does not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where the moving bluezone is not in sync with the actual bluezone.
- Fixed an issue where throwables were usable inside the airplane in Warmode.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling the reload of MG3/M249 was possible.
- PUBG 1.50 fixed an issue where the player character’s animation is not properly displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘SCAR-L”s skin texture was displayed improperly.
- Fixed an issue of improper display of ‘Hairstyle 21’.
- Fixed Loot truck roaming around the same location near the bridge south of Camp Alpha
- Fixed the issue where player could clip to an object and die by falling in certain location of Erangel.
- Fixed the character shaking up and down when standing on a certain rock object in Erangel.
- Fixed an oil barrel floating in the air located on a certain bridge of Erangel.
- Fixed the awkward cliff texture at the north of Stabler, Erangel.
- Fixed the issue where a player was not able to cross over a certain railing of a building.
- Fixed the issue where players could vault over a ceiling in certain underground locations of Karakin.
- Fixed an issue where spawned items were not visible to players.
- Fixed an issue where items are spawned under the train in the Port area of Vikendi.
- Fixed an issue where the player can be stuck in the ground near the Ruins area in Sanhok.
- Fixed an issue where the collision is missing on the ground of the bridge near Cave in Sanhok.
- Fixed the issue where the text ‘Motor glider’ was displayed in system string in the Last match screen.
- Fixed the issue where esport vehicles added to the ranked mode being displayed in system string in the Last match screen.
- Fixed the issue where the inventory scroll bar would not return to default location.
- Fixed the issue where some rewards not being displayed in rewards pop-up screen when using receive all button.
- Fixed the issue where exit button input is activated twice when pressed in an item purchase screen.
- Fixed the issue where APAC, ASIA region title still being displayed in English in Traditional Chinese language option.
- Fixed the UI overlaps in PUBG profile screen.
- Fixed the issue of the timeline UI not displayed correctly.
- Fixed the abnormal displays in the PUBG ID screen.
- Fixed the issue of When attempting to switch throwable after removing safety pin, “Inventory system error: 3” message appears.
- Fixed an issue where explosive damage done to wheels would not update the vehicle UI.
- Fixed an issue where menu was displayed in English in the Esports PCS2 tab when switched to Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue where the you could rotate the player character in lobby (Stadia keyboard/mouse only).
- Fixed an issue where you can see ranked mode emblem above the character from public mode and training mode after cancelling ranked mode matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue of extra space visible in PUBG ID Pose area.
Skin & Item
- Fixed the issue where characters body becoming transparent and using certain face skins in zombie mode.
- PUBG 1.50 fixed the issue where characters legs becoming transparent when equipping Miramar Biker Jacket.
- Fixed the issue where in-game inventory icon not displayed when equipping ‘Rapture Squad Tactical Pants’.
- Fixed the clipping issue when female character equipping TUANTUAN’s tank top item.
- Fixed the Clipping issue when a female character equips Route Warrior Gloves, gets on motorcycle and grabs a weapon.
- The preview doesn’t show when selecting the “Redzone” UAZ skin in Customize > Vehicles > UAZ.
- Fixed an issue in Esports store where multiple items cannot be purchased.
- PUBG update 1.50 fixed an issue of the bottom area being clipped when wearing ‘Rabbit Season Hoodie’ and ‘PGC 2019 Combat Pants’ at the same time.
- Fixed an issue of certain Trophies not unlocking even when successfully hitting a specific milestone
Download free PUBG PS4 update 1.70 for PS4 and Xbox One.