A new Project Winter update 1.09 released on PS4, Xbox and PC. According to Project Winter 1.09 patch notes, the latest update added new timed challenges and events. Apart from this, Project Winter patch 1.09 also includes various rank changes and various quality of life improvements.
Previously, a major update was released with various tweaks and fixes.
Unfortunately, players are still facing a number of issues with the game. Today’s Project Winter version 1.09 will fix a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
What is new in Project Winter 1.09 Patch Notes? – February 14, 2022
NEW FEATURES & GENERAL CHANGES:
Added Timed Challenges and Events
- Recurring events that take place over a few days. Completing the challenges will reward players with currency, cosmetics and unique rewards.
Social Rank Changes
- Added “Quick Look” to the lobby screen so players can check their own commendations.
- Increased time at the end of the match to give players more time to rematch and commend
- Players will no longer reset to bronze every month, but instead will be bumped down 1 rank monthly
- Gold > Silver
- Silver > Bronze
- Store items are now recyclable and award 1000 SP
What is fixed in Project Winter February 14 update?
- Addressed a bug with Walrus Hats not being visible when worn with Hooded Jackets
- Fixed textures of the cogs for the Dig Site Objective
- Fixed issues with some old cosmetics that had clipping problems. This includes the following:
- All large male/female jackets filled at the bottom
- Helmets and masks are no longer compatible
- Hoodies and long hair are no longer compatible
- Backpack straps fit better
- Backpack meat chef no longer carries an apron
- Fixed and updated several localizations to the in-game text
- [Console] Addressed a bug where player’s microphone does not work on the escape vehicle
- Addressed a bug where “Global Exile Remote” stays in effector for the rest of the game if the traitor disconnects after using the “Global Exile Remote”
- Addressed a bug where Radio Jammer item was only affecting the traitor using the item when activated. Radio Jammer will now work on all players
- A Saboteur crafting landmines will not count as spending traitor credits on sabotages now
- Addressed a bug where push to talk would not function correctly in the lobby menu and snowball game
- Fixed the Primitive Ice Pick appearing as a legendary item when in Steam Inventory
- [Blackout] Addressed a bug where the Stake launcher was not in the crafting menu
- Addressed a bug where the in-game UI was showing SP increase from snowballs even if the daily limit was reached
- [Controller] Removed the “Unlock” controller legend from the progression UI as this option doesn’t exist
- Addressed a bug where text chat tabs were not updating to the new language after switching language via in-game settings
- Addressed a bug where pressing “enter” on the keyboard brings up the escape menu in-game
- Fixed issues with keyboard controls in snowball fight
- Rematch timer is now taken from Playfab
- [Switch] Addressed a bug with the wrong error message displaying when the application requires an update
- Addressed a bug with second objective locator item. Item reveals objective location to the player who uses it, not to all traitors
- [PS4] Addressed a bug where players were able to join password protected lobbies by joining the session through their PSN profile
- [Console] Addressed a bug where the Lazarus machine does not spawn a clone of a player and gets stuck in respawning animation
- [Console] Fixed issues where players could not see lobbies hosted by players they were blocked by after relaunching the game. Players will now see the lobby in the lobbies list, will be able to try to join, but will have a pop-up warning and then be kicked out of the lobby
- [Deep Woods] Addressed a bug where no animals were spawning on animal wave objective
Download free Project Winter update 1.09 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.