Payday 2 update 216 (Winter Wonderland Update) is now available to download for PC players. According to the official Payday 2 patch notes, the latest update added the Winter Wonderland event and various bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added the City of Gold campaign as well as various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Today’s Payday 2 patch 216 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Payday 2 Update 216 Changelog (December 15, 2021)
‘Tis the season for a Payday Holiday Update. We have something very special for you this time. It’s a LEECH!… wait, wait, wait. Please read on. I promise it’s great. For the first time in what may seem like forever, we are releasing a new perk deck, completely free. We also have a cool new Tailor Pack themed around snow and winter. To finalize the update, we also have fun temporary holiday additions to the game, both something new and the content from the previous year’s event makes an appearance for the celebrations. Last but not least, even Hoxton has something up his sleeve for all you heisters out there.
It’s the winter holidays and that means it’s time to grab some of that bonus Holiday EXP. Starting now until January the 12th you can play the special holiday versions of Breakin’ Feds, Hoxton Breakout, and Buluc’s Mansion. While playing these or Stealing Xmas, White Xmas, GO Bank, or Santa’s Workshop you’ll get an additional 15% EXP.
On all the above-mentioned heists you’ll find that all Cloakers and Bulldozers will be wearing Santa hats. Because nothing says festivities as much as being shot in the face by Santa Claus.
That is not all, during this time you’ll have access to a fearsome piece of weaponry, whose devastating power is feared on playgrounds around the globe. From today until January the 12th you can equip the Snowball throwables. Is it rocks inside? Is it left in the freezer to harden up? That is for you to know and the cops to find out.
We also released a new winter-themed Tailor Pack. With masks suitable both for the good and naughty heisters. Who do you want to be this festive season? A frozen skull of death to all those that dare oppose you. A Leshy, the spirit of the wild untamed woods. Or are you more of a deer that strides over the snow-covered lands? Perhaps you are the kind of heister whose head can only be decorated with a fox, nothing magic or fantastical but a regular fox, like your an alternative reality version of David Crockett.
- Added an event music override button to the option menu.
- Added outfits as a tag for achievement filtering under inventory requirements.
- Added weapon charms as a tag for achievement filtering under unlocks.
- Fixed an issue where the same string was used for the Infamy menu and the join stinger menu.
- Fixed a crash related to shield units that fire their gun as they die and after having dropped their shield.
- Improved performance when checking for equipped weapons in relation to damage dealt.
- Updated the light in the main menu.
- Fixed a visual issue with the outline on the Boardroom Havoc outfit.
- Fixed a visual issue on various heists where secured loot bags would have a yellow outline.
- Fixed an issue where a selected throwable would revert back to the selected perk deck items upon starting the game.
- Fixed a small graphical issue on the Improved Combined Tactical Vest when equipped by Ethan.
Download free Payday 2 update 216 is now available for download on PC.