Outriders update is now rolling out on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC. The game developer Square Enix also released the official Outriders patch notes for players. According to the official changelog, the latest Outriders update added various quality of life changes, tweaks, changes, and more.
Recently, the game was released with positive reviews. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing several issues with the game.
Outriders Patch Notes (Upcoming)
Fixes and Changes
Will improve the multiplayer experience so that rubberbanding & packet loss should now be reduced for players under 350ms pings
Will fix the Technomancer’s Borealis Monarch Set and correctly grant the 90% damage increase to any frozen targets
Will resolve an issue with the Devastator’s Statue Set and change its description to match its behaviour
Will fix an issue that can cause the Trickster’s Hunt the Prey to not turn the player towards an enemy’s back if aiming down sights immediately after activation
Will improve the targeting of the Tricksters Venator’s Knife so that it should now more consistently target a player’s intended enemy
Will implement a change to the Anti-Duplication system so that your equipped items will not be taken into account when checking whether to re-roll a dropped duplicate
Will fix an issue whereby Players who are level 50 may appear as level 1 while in a party
Feed the Flames
Ash blast has had it’s base skill cooldown reduced by 5 seconds, from 27.5 to 23.5 seconds
The buff duration of the Death Sentence mod has been increased by 3 seconds, from 5 to 8 seconds
The cooldown of Time Rift has been reduced by 3.4 seconds, from 15.4 seconds to 12 seconds
Increased the DOT damage of the “A Little Bit of Pain” mod by 71% (from base 0.35 AP to 0.6 AP)
Condensed the DOT duration of the “A Little Bit Of Pain” mod to 6 seconds (Previously: 10)
Increased the Armour and Resistance debuff provided by the “Time Crack” mod to 35% (Previously: 25%)
Increased the Weapon Cleave damage provided by the “Pain Transfer” mod to 20% Weapon Damage (Previously: 10% Weapon Damage)
The Hail Shot mod has had its SPF set to 1.5 (Previously: 1)
SPF controls how much this mod benefits from the Status Power attribute. This change effectively means that the damage increase provided by Hail Shot will increase by 50%, though the effectiveness of this improvement still depends on the character’s Status Power attribute.
Enemies affected by Endless Mass can now be damaged and killed during the animation
Changed the “Wide Horizons” mod so that, on top of the range increase, the mod will allow Endless Mass to ignore the enemy skill “Absorbing Skin” used by Alpha Perforos and Brood Mothers
Armor Mod buffs
Personal Space will have its damage bonus increased from 15% to 25%
Critstack will have it’s Anomaly Power boost increased by 21% (from base 5.79 to 7)
Stand Tall will have its base Firepower bonus increased by 20% and its base Anomaly Power by 16%. (From base level 10 Firepower and 15 Anomaly Power to 12 Firepower and 17.5 Anomaly Power)
Perseverance Shield will have it’s base shield value increased by 40% (From base 25 to 35)
Blazing Aegis will have the armor increase it grants increased by 21% (from base 46.35 to 56)
Plate Dodger will have its armor value grant increased by 12% (from base 58 to 65) and its duration increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Improved and faster Xbox Sign in Process
Improved Matchmaking to reduce the chance of matching with an AFK player
Players that are AFK (not interacting with the game) for more than 2 minutes will be automatically removed from the matchmaking queue.
Interacting with NPCs or configuring skills, mods or builds is not considered AFK behaviour (though being inactive for 2 minutes+ while being in menus or dialogue options is).
Improved the visibility of Brood Mothers’ “Surge” AOE Attack (Blue flames)
Fixed a bug whereby Scrap Grenade would stop working after a cinematic or when re-joining a session
Resolved an issue with the Technomancers Borealis Set and changed its description to match its new behaviour
The New Description is:
The Old Description was:
Fixed a bug that could cause the Tricksters Hunt The Prey to get stuck on activating
Fixed a bug whereby Bleed status from the armor mod ‘Bloody Crush’ would not be inflicted on enemies hit with the ‘Gravity Leap’ skill
Fixed a bug whereby the Devastator’s “Blood Donation” class node wouldn’t work if the player didn’t have other active “skill life leech” nodes or mods.
Clarified the description for the Ravenous Locust Mod
Fixed a bug whereby dismantling an item might not have displayed the mod preview
Fixed an issue that would cause the “In Sync” accolade to not properly unlock for Client players
Fixed an issue that could cause players to not get the proper reward if they completed an Expedition during the final second of the reward tier.
Other bug and crash Fixes
- The Outriders Demo has been updated so that its fix list and improvements are now in line with our 22nd of June patch.
- Important: The Demo no longer requires Square Enix Membership registration in order to play, so if you know anyone who was holding off the demo due to this reason, please do let them know.
Ongoing list of currently tracked issues:
Note 1: This is not an exhaustive list of things being worked upon. This is also not a list of patch notes for the next patch. Upcoming patches will address issues that may not be listed here.
Note 2: “Investigated” means that we have been able to successfully reproduce an issue on our dev environment and are currently looking at the root causes of said issue. If we have not yet been able to reproduce a specific issue, it may not be listed here, but that doesn’t mean we’re unaware of it.
- State of Stadia
- Stadia still needs to be brought in line with other platforms with regards to fixes, bug resolutions and crossplay support.
- We are continuing to do this work on aligning all platforms, but do not yet have a definite date for when this will be possible.
- We appreciate that this work is taking longer than expected and do apologize for this.
- Stuck at 99% Accolade Progress
- Issue being investigated
- UPDATE: While our investigation is ongoing, we will attempt to manually trigger the missing accolades for all users who previously helped us investigate this matter.
- Technomancers Borealis Set 90% bonus can stop working in combat
As mentioned in the patch notes, there is an additional underlying issue with this set that was only recently discovered. We are already re-investigating this matter in order to ensure that the set will be made fully operational again asap.
- Matchmaking privacy settings may set themselves to Open without input from the player
- Xbox problems related to signing in
- This is one of our top priorities and something we are continuing to investigate. This patch may well help with the issue, but we are continuing to monitor it.
- Certain enemies, especially Alphas, may break out of Frozen CC as soon as they are damaged
- Game stutters when multiple Crawlers are on screen, in particular during certain Expeditions
- Issue currently being investigated and will be resolved in a future patch
- Certain Mods not working, in particular when you’re the client during multiplayer sessions
- Issue under review following multiplayer improvements
- Players dying while a shield is active
Issue currently being investigated. Rather than shields not properly mitigating damage, this issue may be caused by (either) the UI not catching up properly or it may be a case of certain shield mods continuing to proc their shield after death has occurred under certain edge cases.
Example: A player continually generates shields and their death prevention mechanics are already on cooldown. They are then hit by enemy damage waves that deplete both shields and health at a greater/faster rate than the shield can regenerate in that window, leading to cases of player HP reaching 0 for a split-second before another chunk of shield is added.
- Trickster’s Hunt the Prey does not turn player towards an enemy’s back if aiming down sights immediately after activation
- Issue currently being investigated and will be resolved in a future patch
- Trickster’s Venathors Knife may target a wrong enemy
- Issue currently being investigated. This appears to be due to a delay when the skill changes targets.
- Devastator skills may have inconsistent damage output, particularly when using Bleed & Moaning Winds combo.
- Issue currently being investigated and may be resolved with the next patch.
- Devastator Armour mod “Despair” doesn’t increase Anomaly Damage consistenyl.
- Issue currently being investigated and may be resolved with the next patch.
- Devastators Statue Set bonus ends after 8 seconds (which is not stated in the description)
- Issue currently being investigated and will be resolved in a future patch
- Journal entries/pick ups not appearing on secondary characters
- Issue being reinvestigated
- “Damage Blocked” Stat on Expeditions results screen occasionally appears inconsistently or abnormally low
- Issue currently being investigated
- A cutscene during the “The Mentor” Questline may not trigger, meaning players cannot progress past this point
- Issue currently being investigated
- Temporary Workaround: In your lobby, change your story checkpoint to an earlier one, then re-attempt this quest.
Outriders Patch Notes (June 22, 2021)
[CONSOLES] Added extra options and settings for controller customization including Deadzones, Look Sensitivity, Acceleration and Legacy layouts
[XBOX] Improved Sign-in Times
[EPIC STORE VERSION] Fixed an issue that was preventing the pre-order Hell’s Ranger gear from unlocking as intended
Made improvements to multiplayer connectivity
Fixed an issue that was causing old inventory items to be marked as new.
Fixed a bug that prevented players from running if they were stunned while using the Trickster’s Cyclone skill.
Fixed a bug that caused the Alpha Lurker enemies to be able to one-hit kill players under certain circumstances.
Fixed a bug that caused the Scrap Grenade projectile to be blocked by dead enemies.
Fixed a bug that caused Feed the Flames’ Ash effect to not trigger properly in multiplayer.
Fixed a bug that caused Weapon mod ‘Ravenous Locust’ to not deal damage if used together with the ‘Weightlessness’ mod.
Mitigated an issue whereby players could get stuck in an animation after using Gravity Jump in multiplayer.
Outriders Patch Notes (June 10, 2021)
- Community Appreciation Package
- The Community Appreciation Package is here and everyone who has played Outriders to-date will receive it!
Your most experienced character has been granted:
- A random god-rolled Legendary weapon which you have not previously obtained (on any character)
- If your inventory if full, please check your stash for the Legendary weapon.
- If both your inventory and stash are full, the Legendary weapon will appear when you next free up an inventory space and restart the game.
- If you have already previously found all weapons, your character will be granted the rarest weapon for their class.
- Extra Titanium based on your character’s level
- A new emote, “Frustration” has been unlocked for all your characters.
- A game restart may be required for it to appear.
- Applied a number of buffs to Armour and Player Skills.
Today’s changes focus primarily on buffing underused skills and improving player survivability via Armour rebalancing. This is only an initial first pass, based on the mass player data that we’re seeing in our analytics. If something has not been mentioned here, do not fret. Work is already underway for upcoming balance passes, which will look at other topics of focus, including legendary drop distribution.
We are also aware that Timed Expeditions remain a point of contention regarding balancing and that they are fundamental problem for many players as their timed nature can drive a too heavily DPS focused meta.
Addressing the root cause of this issue is something that will take a longer time. This is not something we will be able to address as part of the immediately upcoming patches, but we are working on this issue and are continuing to look into what is feasible in the long term.
- Fixed a bug that was causing armour values to not be calculated properly under certain circumstances, leading players to take unintended increased damage.
- Changed the damage behaviour of Brood Mother enemies to prevent them from one-hit killing players in under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to be unable to sign-in under certain circumstances.
- Added telemetry to better track and diagnose any outstanding sign-in issues.
- Fixes for crashes.
Outrider 1.07 Patch Notes (April 30, 2021)
General Resolutions and Changes that apply to ALL Platforms (unless stated)
- Fixed a large number of crashes throughout the game.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the “Sign In” screen.
- Fixed several lighting, shadow, and reflection issues within levels and cutscenes.
- General level improvements including fixing collision, textures, LOD, OOW visibility, and grounded various floating assets. Also resolved a number of situations where the player could get stuck in the game world.
- Numerous cover fixes for specific locations, including character alignment, cover-to-cover transition, and blind fire.
- Camera movement has been improved during various cutscenes when smoothing is enabled.
- Improved visibility of the crosshair.
- Improved visibility of tutorial popup notifications.
- Sidequest icons will now no longer persist on the map after completion.
- The crosshair will no longer disappear when looking at allies.
- Fixed edge case progression blockers and objective issues in numerous main and side quests.
- Fixed an edge case issue whereby swapping characters could lead to a loss of the player inventory.
- [REBALANCE] The Over levelling System/Scaling Multipliers have been adjusted
- The system will activate one level later, when your average gear level is a minimum of 3 Levels higher than the enemies you’re facing [Previous: 2]
- Outgoing damage will now be reduced less
- Improvements made to Incoming damage scale, meaning players will feel more powerful without completely eliminating the threat of enemy NPCs
- Conditions that will trigger the system have been cleaned up, which will eliminate unintuitive behaviour such as damage increases when using low level weapons
- [CONSOLES] A UI scale option has been added to the settings.
- [PLAYSTATION] Reduced the sensitivity of the touchpad swipe.
- [PLAYSTATION] Resolved a crash that could occur after the opening cinematic.
- Overall code optimizations made
Multiplayer Resolutions & Changes that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- The default background matchmaking setting has been changed to Closed [Previously: Open]. This change can still be reverted manually in your settings.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent clients from joining the host.
- Resolved performance issues that appeared right after loading into a co-op game.
- Improved the loading time for players gear when joining a co-op session.
- Fixed a bug whereby a client could load into a corrupted lobby if the host lost internet connection whilst loading into a game.
- Fixed an issue where the host would be unable to select a story point that other clients had not unlocked.
- A notification will now also be displayed to the host warning them that the clients may not have unlocked that part of the story.
- Clients will now properly receive the “story mismatch prompt” when joining a host.
- Fixed a bug whereby a player with a complete story line was unable to join Expeditions if a story point before the end game had been selected.
- Fixed an issue whereby client characters might not properly spawn when retrying Expeditions.
- Fixed a number of bugs that could cause Issues or errors to appear following a host migration.
- Fixed a bug that would cause players attempting to join each other’s session to get stuck on the “Waiting to join session” screen.
- Fixed a bug whereby trucks were no longer visible for clients when joining a host in the Quarry.
- Fixed a bug whereby the boss in the Eye Of The Storm expeditions could appear duplicated for clients during cutscenes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the client’s map to fail to update after joining a map where the Host was standing near a flag.
- Fixed a bug in the Dying Wish sidequest where the host could get stuck in the quest area if the client disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where audio can disappear if host migration occurs during a cutscene.
- [XBOX] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to lose functionality after signing out of a currently active account or suspending the internet connection during loading.
- [XBOX] Fixed a bug that could cause the “Join Random Team” functionality to not behave properly.
- [XBOX] Fixed a bug that could cause the authentication process to fail due to a “Internet Connection Error”
- [XBOX] Fixed a rare crash that occurred for clients when a host initiated a fast travel from the Desolate Fort.
Gear, Skills & Mods Resolutions that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- [REBALANCE] Cost of improving Rare to Epic and levelling up Epic gear from levels 1 to 30 have been lowered.
- This will make improving items cheaper in the early game
- Fixed a bug where a skill damage improvement mod on gear with a higher level than the player would actually reduce damage when used at lower World Tiers.
- Fixed a bug that caused the UI to display a 0 in the preview when upgrading the Hell’s Rangers weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Trickster’s “Hunt the Prey” skill to not teleport but still go into cooldown
- Resolved instances where Hunt The Prey could be used to teleport to unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that caused the Trickster’s “Venator’s Knife” mark to vanish after casting Hunt The Prey skill on the marked enemy
- Fixed a bug whereby the Move Groove mod’s Anomaly and Firepower buff icons did not appear correctly on the HUD.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Pyromancer’s Feed The Flame skill from applying the Ash status effect to Screechers.
- Fixed a bug whereby the Pyromancer’s Phoenix Nestling skill occasionally granted the player the incorrect HP in multiplayer. It now grants the correct 50% HP.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Pyromancers to exit cover after using the Thermal Bomb skill.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Pyromancers Boots of the Lava Lich Legendary gear item to not include the appropriate mods
- Fixed a bug that caused the Perseverance Shield mod’s damage reduction buff to not correctly end after the Golem effect wore off.
- Fixed a bug with the Devastators Extra Quake mod, which sometimes provided more than 1 extra skill activation at the end of fights.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lurkers affected by the Endless Mass skill to reappear on top of the player if you walked under them.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if you Boulderdashed into a wall.
- Fixed instances of Gravity Leap causing players to get stuck in unintended places.
- Resolved instances where Boulderdash could be used to reach unintended locations
- [PLAYSTATION] Improved the VFX of the Reflect Bullets skill to make it is more visible.
- [REBALANCE] The Minigun mod “Massacre”, which was changed in the previous patch has had its duration reverted to its original value, but will now only stack up to 6 times.
- Fixed a bug whereby the Toxic Lead armour mod was not triggering properly if an enemy was killed via a skill.
- Fixed a bug where Technomancers would be stuck on their main weapon if they used Tools of Destruction and Pain Launcher at the same time.
- Fixed a bug with Tools of Destruction where melee or further skill use was prevented if the skill was interrupted by using the mouse wheel.
- Fixed a bug whereby The Perpetuum Mobile weapon mod was also replenishing the Technomancer’s Tools of Destruction Minigun ammo.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Technomancer’s Turrets to be placed on vertical surfaces.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the AI to ignore Technomancers if a turret had been spawned before the AI spawned.
- [XBOX] Deployed Technomancer turrets now correctly display their health bars.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed an issue that caused the Technomancer’s Scrapnel skill to break the sprint animation.
- Fixed the set description of the Borealis Monarch set [English Language].
- Skills can now be properly cast when using the targeting feature after changing the keybinding.
- Improved the visual indicator for throwables.
- Gear & Mods
- Fixed a bug that was causing the certain mods to not properly trigger their On Shot/On Critical Shot effects if said shot was a killing shot
- Fixed a bug that caused the Emergency Stance mod’s damage reduction buff to not correctly end.
- Fixed a mod that caused the Anomaly Surge Tier 1 mod to not proc as expected
- Fixed a bug that caused Legendary set bonuses to not show correct items being active in the armour details.
- Fixed a bug that caused bright lights to appear on the screen when using the Storm whip mod.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that could cause the Legacy of Enoch achievement to not properly unlock.
- Minor visual fixes to female gloves.
Enemy, Boss and NPC related Resolutions that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- [REBALANCE] AI snipers now give players more time to dodge their shots.
- [REBALANCE] Reduced the amount of knockback from creatures in the Stargrave expedition.
- There is now also a greater delay between spawns and a reduced number of the offending creatures.
- Molten Acari
- Fixed a bug whereby The Molten Acari’s jump attack was still damaging players who successfully dodged its AOE. Players successfully dodging the AoE will now no longer be damaged.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Devastators to permanently stun the Molten Acari by using the Endless Mass skill without any cooldown.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Molten Acari boss fight to pause for around 1-2 minutes if one of the clients disconnected right before dealing the finishing blow on stage 1 and transitioning to stage 2.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that could cause the Spiderlings to freeze during the third phase of the Molten Acari boss fight.
- Debuff icons applied to the Chrysaloid boss will now remain in between phases.
- Fixed an issue where the Chrysaloid boss fight does not progress if the player kills the boss during the black screen between phases.
- Fixed a bug that could give Devastators unlimited healing when using the Impale Skill during the Yagak fight.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that caused Yagak’s tentacle ability to damage players before it actually landed
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Brood Mother from dealing damage to the player with melee attacks while standing on an elevated platform located on the left side on the encounter area at the Outpost Gate area in the Quarry.
- Fixed a bug whereby the Crawler ranged attack was damaging players beyond the attack range indicated by the UI.
- Strix are now better able to cope with players standing too close to a wall.
- Fixes to AI, including berserker pathing optimisation, skill usage, as well as reacting to and properly attacking players.
- Health bars for enemy skills such as Anomaly Rifts are now correctly hidden if the Enemy Health Bar Mode is set to “Hide” in options.
- Animations for enemies have been fixed in certain situations, particularly when in cover and recovering from knockdowns.
- Fixed a bug that caused the VFX for the Weightlessness Mod to now work as intended with Crawlers.
- Resolved issues that caused the game to become unresponsive when interacting with NPCs, particularly when using skills or changing input methods.
- [PC] Fixed a crash that could occur during the enemy spawn in the first arena of the Chem Plant expedition.
- [PC] Fixed a rare bug whereby players were unable to properly sell items to the vendors.
- [PC] Fixed an issue whereby the cursor would turn invisible during dialogue with NPCs.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that could cause Zahedi’s tent to disappear from the camp.
- Fixed NPCs T-posing in certain situations.
Quest & Expedition specific Fixes that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- Fixed a bug that caused the stash to lock if the player died in the Bad Day side quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Bigjaw monster hunt sidequest from being completed if the player died during it.
- The navigation line during the Relics main quest has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that made the Historian quest in Deadrock Pass inaccessible if players initiated combat after triggering the exit prompt.
- Fixed a bug in the Sacrifice main quest that prevented progress by not updating the objective correctly.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to charge the obelisk before the appropriate cutscene had been completed.
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that could cause the key to the Radio Tower to falls through the floor in Eagle Peaks.
- [PC] Fixed a bug that could cause Story achievements to not unlock correctly when their criteria was met.
Audio and Dialogue resolutions that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- Miscellaneous subtitle fixes to bring them in line with the VO in terms of content and synchronisation.
- Fixed Audio clipping that occurred in some cutscenes.
- The SFX volume for Yagak’s abilities have been adjusted.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the battle music track to not end after combat.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the battle music to be active for players who were nowhere near combat.
- Menu music now stops when viewing the credits.
- Credits music no longer plays if music volume is set to 0 in the audio settings.
- Fixed an issue whereby a Male character would have female VO in the forest when playing in Polish.
- [XBOX] Fixed a bug that could caused the audio to desynchronise when connecting or disconnecting a headset.
- Other audio fixes and improvements
Other changes and minor Bug Fixes that apply to ALL Platforms (unless specifically stated)
- Added protection for when claiming items from the inbox when the stash and inventory are full.
- A co-op exploit where multiple Legendary rewards could be obtained from the Historian / Bounty / Monster Hunt questlines has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the player from claiming the World Tier 10 weapon reward.
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD to appear when players were only 80% loaded into levels.
- Increased the framerate of the video clips on the class selection screen.
- Text corrections in the Journal and tutorial screens, as well miscellaneous localisation issues.
- Fixed a bug that was causing incorrect colour schemes to appear for the banner and truck customisation
- Fixed a bug that could prevent movement after exiting dialogue sequences.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the inventory from opening if the Inventory Button was spammed
- [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that caused the main menu to not play the proper music track.
- · [PLAYSTATION] Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the Analog stick to select dialogue options when in conversation with NPCs
- · [PLAYSTATION] Fixed an issue that could prevent the English language download to not trigger properly and prevent the player from changing their language to English.
- · Additional backend fixes.
Resolutions that additionally apply specifically to PC
- The available FOV for configuration has been increased from 90 to 130.
- Fixed an issue whereby old crash dumps were not being properly cleared from the player’s system.
- Note: These are the 300MB files that were previously left behind.
- Added support for rebinding the Fn; Delete; End; PageDown; Insert Home; PageUp; Print Screen; Scroll Lock; CapsLock; keys
- Remapped buttons should now display correctly in menus and dialogues.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to lock the player to 60FPS until the player opened the menu.
- Fixed a bug whereby cutscenes would lock to 60FPS, even if the player had selected a higher framerate.
- Added support for the Steam Controller.
- Other improvements to FPS
- Fixed an issue whereby the intro cutscene would stutter when Ansel was enabled.
- Fixed a stuttering issue with the intro cutscene when the game was launched on a secondary monitor that has a lower resolution than the primary monitor.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if Razer Synapse is installed on the system
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Razer Chroma Cinematic Ambient Awareness to not work after switching monitors.
- Improved functionality of Razer Chroma effects.
- Fixed a bug that would cause players to get locked in the Emotes UI if the controls for the Emotes wheel is assigned to the mouse buttons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the HUD to disappear after capturing the area during the Prologue.
- Fixed an issue whereby the controller layout screen was not displaying the correct connected controller.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple web browser tabs to open when logging into the Epic Games Store.
Outriders 1.06 Patch Notes
Fixed the bug that was causing the inventories of certain players to be wiped. While today’s patch is intended to prevent the issue from continuing to occur. The restoration process is run via our server database and does not require a patch to be implemented. We will have news of this very soon.
- With this new patch, some players may occasionally encounter multiplayer connectivity issues followed by inventory items being momentarily invisible. This is a known and only temporary behaviour that is part of our three-step inventory safeguarding measures.
- Restarting your game or waiting a few minutes and then restarting your game should make your items appear again.
- We aim to address the occurrence of these edge cases in a future patch.
- If you do encounter a wipe that occurs after installing the patch and is not resolved following a game restart,
Outriders 1.05 Patch Notes (March 8th, 2021)
PC & Console Platforms:
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again
- EDIT: 09.04.21 – 19:05 UTC
- With the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible.
- Crossplay between Xbox and PC/PlayStation has been temporarily disabled until the Xbox patch has released.
- Crossplay between consoles and PC will be fully restored once the Xbox patch has gone live.
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
Outriders Day One Patch 1.04 (Version 01.004.000)
- Added gameplay optimizations.
- Fixed framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Added performance and stability improvements.
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4 and PS5.
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S.
More Outriders patch details are coming.