No Mans Sky update 3.90 is now rolling out on PS4, PC, PS5(3.090) and Xbox One. According to the official No Man’s Sky 3.90 patch notes, the latest update added quality of life changes and fixes. Apart from this, No Man’s Sky version 3.90 also includes performance fixes.
Previously, a major free update 3.85 added outlaw systems, the ability to recruit your own squadron of pilots, improved space combat, a stunning Solar Sail Starship, and much more. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, some players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.90 will fix a few of these issues.
NMS Update 3.90 Patch Notes – Official
Expedition Seven, the Leviathan, will begin shortly.
- This expedition takes players on a narrative-driven roguelike adventure to break a time-loop curse, where each death means a reset of the loop.
- Players can work together to assist Specialist Polo as they research the loop, increasing the quality of rewards and upgrades for each new iteration.
- Rewards include new posters; a Whalestalker Cloak; a juvenile cosmic leviathan suitable for construction within a base; and a chance to come face to face with the fully-grown Leviathan itself…
- PvP will default to off during this expedition.
- Fixed a GPU crash on PlayStation 4.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation for Xbox Series S.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to an outlaw station to speak with an NPC or terminal not present in outlaw systems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to speak to an NPC on the Space Station (typically a recruit for their base) who had taken part in the tutorial sequence.
- Fixed an issue that could cause doors to fail to open on derelict freighters if several slime pieces were destroyed at the same time.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker that could occur when attempting to locate a planet with high sentinel activity.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker in the Trace of Metal mission, which would cause players to be sent to a Sentinel Hive many tens of thousands of light years away.
- Fixed a number of issues that could occur when joining players from the friends list page.
- Fixed an issue that could cause settlement charts to fail to find a settlement, yet still be consumed.
- Fixed a number of significant visual issues with wire placement.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a small number of X-class procedural upgrades to have unexpectedly low stats.
- Solar-class starships now display their sails on the inventory page.
- Fixed a small number of cases where items received from dismantling products or opening other items would be placed into the wrong inventory.
- The default craft amount for Creature Pellets has been increased, allowing more pellets to be crafted for the same cost.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest on outlaw stations, resulting in badly generated text.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest using Apollo or Null’s appearance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the ship damaged VFX to continue playing even after the ship was repaired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause freighter battle missions to fail to trigger properly while the player was on the Under a Rebel Star mission.
- Fixed a visual issue with some specific underground creatures.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent interaction with some objects during specific network conditions.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent atmospheric frigate flybys on planets with high mountains.
- Fixed a UI issue that could cause the ship upgrade screen to automatically close after installing a new cargo slot, even if the player could afford to purchase additional slots.
- Fixed a number of minor text issues.
- Fixed a number of audio issues.
- Added fixes for game crashing bugs.
- Added performance and stability fixes.
- Fixed various UI issues.
- Addressed textures related issues.
- Addressed memory related fixes.
- Other minor under the hood fixes.
The following issues were addressed previously.
- Improved the combat behaviours of higher-ranked squadron pilots.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with cloth rendering.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Solar ships to change appearance and colours.
- Fixed an issue that could occur if dismissing your squadron while they are already leaving.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause Sentinel drones to spawn underground and become stuck.
- Fixed a number of specific mission blockers that could occur when using the Neutron Cannon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the in-game patch notes to display notes from the wrong version.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Vulnerable Settlement alert to appear on the first planet visited after every warp.
- Fixed a crash related to Sentinel Hardframe navigation.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Fixed a crash related to the squadron management UI.
- Fixed a texture streaming memory leak.
- Fixed a GPU crash on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed a crash related to squadron recruitment.
Download free No Man’s Sky update 3.90 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.