No Mans Sky update 3.38 (3.038.000) is now available for download on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One, Xbox Series X. According to NMS 3.38 patch notes, the latest update added new options, changes, and fixes. Apart from this, No Man’s Sky 3.38 also includes overall gameplay optimizations.
Previously, a major free NMS update added a host of new creatures, new weather conditions, colossal buildings, and more. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.38 will fix a few of these issues.
No Mans Sky 3.38 (3.038.000) Patch Notes
- Save beacon markers are now hidden when placed within a base.
- In protected UAs, save beacon markers are not shown for players outside your group.
- Fixed an issue that obfuscated information important to modders.
- Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
- Fixed a PS4/Xbox One specific crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while warping or browsing the galaxy map.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the creature you are interacting with dies during the interaction.
The following changes were added previously.
- Addressed a bug that could cause shared bases to fail to download correctly for other players.
- Addressed a bug that caused some NPC starships to appear overly large while playing in multiplayer.
- Increased the quicksilver reward given for completing the daily mission at the Nexus.
- Added an option on all platforms that allows players to customize the strength of pad rumble.
- Added an option on PlayStation 5 that allows players to customize the strength of the trigger feedback.
- Addressed a bug that could cause some lighting scenarios to be overly bright on next-gen consoles.
- Addressed a bug that could cause random gaps to appear in the terrain on startup, and reduced the frequency of blocky and mismatched terrain textures generally.
- Addressed a bug that could cause some planetary props to be invisible until looked at directly.
- Addressed a bug that caused inconsistencies in the numbering when viewing customization options.
- Addressed a bug that could cause part of the tutorial to occur on an inappropriate planet.
- Addressed a bug that could cause base parts to hover when constructed atop of decals.
- Critical markers (such as the ship and any active missions) are not faded with distance when viewed in the Analysis Visor.
- Addressed a bug that could cause some photography missions to fail to recognise when players were on the correct planet.
- Addressed a bug that could cause camera shake to persist after warping.
- Addressed a bug that caused fireworks not to detonate correctly.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the tutorial from working correctly if players started on volcanic biomes.
- Fixed a number of issues with overly-loud base props.
- Fixed a number of issues with photo mode on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed a number of text and display issues with PlayStation 5 activities.
- Addressed a bug that could occasionally cause incorrect differences in rock distribution between Ultra and other planetary quality settings.
- Addressed a bug that caused the atmosphere on some weird planets to be overly dusty.
- Addressed a bug affecting the placement of props on the terrain.
- Introduced a performance optimization related to moving foliage.
- Introduced a small optimization to terrain rendering.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the game to crash when transferring items to/from other players on Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when predatory creatures bite something.
- Fixed a rare crash that could be caused when entering the galaxy map with a large number of active missions.
- Addressed a crash that could occur when landing on a derelict freighter in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on projectile impacts.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning.
- Addressed a crash that could occur when using weapons with non-standard muzzle flash colors.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when getting in the starship.
Download free No Mans Sky update 3.38 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.