A new NMS update 4.05 is rolling out on PS4, PS5(4.004.000), PC, and Xbox One. According to the official NMS 4.05 patch notes, the latest update brings some new changes, improvements and gameplay optimizations and bug fixes. Apart from this, NMS patch 4.05 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major free No Man’s Sky update 4.0 added a long list of bug fixes and changes. Recently, a hotfix 4.03 added various tweaks. Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS version 4.05 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
NMS 4.05 Patch Notes (4.005.000) – October 21, 2022
- Added an “Unread” icon to new entries in the Collected Knowledge catalogue of the information portal.
- Technology inventories now have a chance to contain supercharged slots that offer substantial boosts to the stats of technologies deployed to those slots. The number of supercharged slots is tied to the class of the starship, freighter or Multi-Tool in question, with 1 slots available for C-Class and 4 for S-Class.
- An icon reflecting the player’s current mode is now visible alongside the icon representing their current platform.
- Players who elect to permanently lock their difficulty settings will have this reflected in their mode icon.
- Bases now show the difficulty settings with which they were created.
- Added an option on the inventory page to temporarily expand large inventories and view them without the need to scroll.
- Clicking an inventory filter a second time will now disable that filter.
- New visuals have been added when reloading a save from within the game menus.
- The chance of technology being broken by incoming damage now scales with the current strength of your shields.
- The Save Point blueprint is now available for research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- The value and quality of items found in crashed freighter storage containers has been increased.
- Fixed a number of visual issues related to purchasing new inventory slots.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent the save summary text from appearing correctly on the final save slot in the list.
- Addressed a bug that could cause technology items to fail to install correctly in some weapons or ships acquired from the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion.
- The technology research trees now stay open when purchasing multiple parts with the difficulty set to zero costs.
- Addressed a bug that caused the cursor to reset to the centre of the screen upon certain button inputs on the storage container transfer screen.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Exosuit Upgrade Chart hints to continue displaying after the chart had been used or sold.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Paralysis Mortar not to be known by default when opting to start with all technologies known.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent the technology slot purchase screen from offering more than 30 slots in some rare circumstances.
- Addressed a bug that could cause entries to disappear from the Plaque, Monolith or Abandoned Building pages of the Collected Knowledge catalogue.
- Addressed a bug that could cause players to fall through the floor of their freighter when loading in very specific locations.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the base building tutorial to fail to progress past the “Powering the Base” section.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause mission events involving base NPCs to point to the wrong system. This recovery will take place upon visiting the incorrectly marked system.
- Launch Fuel canisters now always fully recharge the Launch Thrusters, even on harder difficulty settings.
- Added additional fuel information to the “Summon Ship” error messages.
- Addressed a bug that caused some players to have inaccessible slots when viewing storage container inventories on their freighter.
- Increased the amount of time the information portal displays the preview of unread guide entries before cycling to the next entry.
- Addressed a bug that caused the collision box for the Industrial Pallet to be too big.
- Warp Hypercores will now always fully charge the ship hyperdrive, even on the hardest fuel settings.
- Addressed a bug that caused some Journey Milestone guidance missions to incorrectly report the milestone as complete.
- Addressed a bug that allowed inventories to be expanded beyond the intended limit for their C/B/A/S class rating.
- Addressed a bug that could occasionally cause asteroids to appear the wrong colour.
- Fixed a visual issue that caused some customisation banner options to appear in the wrong place in the UI.
- Fixed a minor visual issue with mission icons during Journey Milestone guidance missions.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with inventory slot purchasing.
- Fixed a number of instances of untranslated text in Journey Milestone guidance missions.
- Addressed a bug that prevented the “Missions Done” stat from being displayed correctly in the Korvax section of the Journey Milestone page.
- Fixed a memory issue affecting time-based missions.
- Addressed a bug that could cause a softlock on load after triggering a Journey Milestone guidance mission involving the mission board whilst within a pirate-controlled system.
- Fixed a memory issue affecting the save process.
- Addressed a bug that could cause framerate loss while browsing large freighter inventories.
- Fixed a number of networking issues.
- Fixed a rare issue related to saving the game while the disc was busy.
Download free NMS update 4.05 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.