A new NMS update 3.97 is rolling out on PS4, PS5(3.097.000), PC, and Xbox One. According to the official NMS 3.97 patch notes, the latest update contains a number of gameplay and stability fixes. Apart from this, NMS version 3.97 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a major free Endurance update 3.94 added varied freighter base buildings, including exterior platforms and catwalks; enhanced nebulae and deep space storms; fleets of organic frigates; and so much more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. NMS patch 3.97 will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
NMS 3.97 Patch Notes (3.097.000) – July 27, 2022
- Addressed a number of memory-related crashes, particularly on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Addressed a crash related to base building.
- Addressed a crash related to freighter loading.
- Addressed a PSVR-exclusive crash.
- Addressed a crash related to the Fleet Command room.
- Addressed a crash related to ByteBeat.
- Addressed a bug that prevented teleporters from working correctly on derelict freighters.
- Addressed a bug that prevented players from claiming earned frigates from the list of past expedition rewards.
- Addressed a bug that prevented people from acquiring a living frigate if they changed their system clock.
- Addressed a number of mission and dialog issues that could prevent mission progress.
- Addressed a bug that caused ByteBeat music to play over the top of the intended settlement bar music.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent newly-purchased frigates from joining up with the fleet.
- Introduced a number of rendering optimisations for freighter bases.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent building within very tall freighter bases.
- Addressed a bug that allowed bases from blocked players to still be synced in some circumstances.
- Addressed a bug that caused too many wires to be removed when deleting a connected base part (such as a switch).
- Addressed a bug that left ladders behind when deleting their attached room on a freighter.
- Addressed a bug that caused multiplayer freighter bases to be missing on PlayStation 4.
- Addressed a bug that caused some posters to use the wrong texture.
- Players now always know the freighter bulkhead door, to prevent them from being trapped if they delete all exits to a room.
- Supporting scaffolds have been added to the underside of some elevated freighter base parts.
- Addressed a number of cases where base parts (and planters) were not being powered correctly in some freighter base configurations.
- Players may now harvest carbon from the plants growing on the walls of their agricultural freighter rooms.
- Addressed a number of visual glitches in freighter room parts.
- Addressed a bug that made it impossible to place objects on some shelves.
- Players can now place specific variants (straight/T-Junction/X-Junction) of freighter glass corridors.
- Addressed a bug that made the Galactic Trade Terminal UI appear in the wrong position while in VR and using the freighter trade room.
- Addressed a bug that prevented freighter doors and windows from being automatically deleted if the room they are attached to is deleted.
- The UI now displays additional feedback after feeding a living frigate and evolving new traits.
- Addressed a rare visual glitch caused by the Exosuit backpack being incorrectly scaled.
- The visual effects for harvest plants within freighter bio rooms have been improved.
- The Wormhole Brain and the Neural Shielding now have the correct Quick Menu icons.
- Addressed a bug that made Flight Assist Override less effective than intended during space combat.
- Addressed a bug that prevented the Wormhole Brain from being used to detect trade outposts.
- Infestation Nexus missions now correctly lead players to the target planet.
Addressed a rare blocking issue that could prevent portals from working correctly when triggered on the Artemis path while very close to the centre of the galaxy.
- Addressed a bug that awarded players the resources gathered by NPC asteroid miners.
- Addressed a bug that prevented players from skipping cinematic black bars while in an Exocraft.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent fleet expeditions from displaying living frigate related story content.
- Addressed a bug that prevented the correct effects from playing as the starship exits warp.
- Addressed a visual issue that caused space colouring to leak into the freighter warp tunnel.
- Addressed a bug that could allow some Leviathan-exclusive missions to persist indefinitely after the end of the expedition.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent ship previews from appearing correctly in the Quick Menu.
- Addressed a bug that could cause incorrect icons to appear in the top-left notification after unlocking a new section of the guide.
- Addressed a bug that allowed players to interact with their ship while it was being salvaged for scrap.
- Addressed a bug that caused the freighter to appear in the warp tunnel while playing in VR.
Download free NMS update 3.97 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.