NMS update 3.90 is rolling out on PS4, PS5(3.90), PC, and Xbox One. According to the official NMS 3.90 patch notes, the latest update brings expedition 7: Leviathan with a plethora of changes and fixes. Apart from this, NMS version 3.90 also includes stability and performance fixes.
Previously, a major free update 3.85 added outlaw systems, the ability to recruit your own squadron of pilots, improved space combat, a stunning Solar Sail Starship, and much more. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, since the last major patch, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS patch 3.90 will fix a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
No Man’s Sky Update 3.90 Patch Notes – May 25, 2022
The Leviathan Expedition
Our seventh expedition traps Travellers inside a time loop, and offers a taste of roguelike gameplay. Difficulty is tuned to survival-mode settings, and every death means a reset of the loop.
- Expedition Seven, the Leviathan, will begin shortly.
- This expedition takes players on a narrative-driven roguelike adventure to break a time-loop curse, where each death means a reset of the loop.
- Players can work together to assist Specialist Polo as they research the loop, increasing the quality of rewards and upgrades for each new iteration.
- Rewards include new posters; a Whalestalker Cloak; a juvenile cosmic leviathan suitable for construction within a base; and a chance to come face to face with the fully-grown Leviathan itself…
- PvP will default to off during this expedition.
- Fixed a GPU crash on PlayStation 4.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation for Xbox Series S.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to an outlaw station to speak with an NPC or terminal not present in outlaw systems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to speak to an NPC on the Space Station (typically a recruit for their base) who had taken part in the tutorial sequence.
- Fixed an issue that could cause doors to fail to open on derelict freighters if several slime pieces were destroyed at the same time.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker that could occur when attempting to locate a planet with high sentinel activity.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker in the Trace of Metal mission, which would cause players to be sent to a Sentinel Hive many tens of thousands of light years away.
- Fixed a number of issues that could occur when joining players from the friends list page.
- Fixed an issue that could cause settlement charts to fail to find a settlement, yet still be consumed.
- Fixed a number of significant visual issues with wire placement.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a small number of X-class procedural upgrades to have unexpectedly low stats.
- Solar-class starships now display their sails on the inventory page.
- Fixed a small number of cases where items received from dismantling products or opening other items would be placed into the wrong inventory.
- The default craft amount for Creature Pellets has been increased, allowing more pellets to be crafted for the same cost.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest on outlaw stations, resulting in badly generated text.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest using Apollo or Null’s appearance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the ship damaged VFX to continue playing even after the ship was repaired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause freighter battle missions to fail to trigger properly while the player was on the Under a Rebel Star mission.
- Fixed a visual issue with some specific underground creatures.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent interaction with some objects during specific network conditions.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent atmospheric frigate flybys on planets with high mountains.
- Fixed a UI issue that could cause the ship upgrade screen to automatically close after installing a new cargo slot, even if the player could afford to purchase additional slots.
- Fixed a number of minor text issues.
- Fixed a number of audio issues.
Download free NMS update 3.90 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.