MultiVersus Update 1.02 Patch Notes (Day One Patch) – July 20, 2022
MultiVersus update 1.02 patch notes details are now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and PC(Steam) players. According to the official MultiVersus patch notes, the latest update added Iron Giant and Ancient Sky Arena map to the game. Apart from this, MultiVersus patch 1.02 also includes a new 1 – 4 player local play mode.
MultiVersus codes will be available later. Read more details below.
MultiVersus Patch Notes (Day 1 Patch) – July 20, 2022
MultiVersus version 1.02 (Open Beta V0)
Iron Giant has arrived! He is our very first Colossal-sized character!
Steven Universe: Ancient Sky Arena Map is now available to play!
1 – 4 Player Local Play is now available!
After spending 5 seconds wall sliding without touching the ground or starting to wall slide 6 times without touching the ground, you start to wall slide progressively faster.
After spending 10 seconds wall sliding without touching the ground or starting to wall slide 11 times without touching the ground, you suffer Wall Fatigue.
Wall Fatigue effects:
Wall sliding no longer resets your Air Specials and Air Evades.
You no longer get a Double Jump after Wall Jumping.
For every 0.5 seconds of wall sliding or every time you touch a wall, you lose Dodge Meter.
Fire debuff damage now decays over time.
Abilities that use ammo are now divided into two cooldowns: one cooldown to use the ability and one cooldown to refund ammo. Ability cooldown modifiers affect both cooldowns equally.
A Glossary of MultiVersus terms has been added to the main menu.
Added two new advanced tutorials covering Knockback Influence(KBI) and Elemental Interactions.
Invincibility frames are removed when canceling a dodge into an attack unless the dodge successfully dodges an attack.
+ Earlier branch on-hit to make combos more reliable.
– More recovery when whiffed to allow for a slightly larger punish window.
+ Aerial and Grounded Up Special: On-hit movement follow is more consistent.
+ Aerial and Grounded Down Special: Cooldown reduced from 20s to 18s.
This is to give Arya a bit more access to armor pierce as the match progresses.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Has earlier on-hit cancel frames to allow it to combo more reliably.
– Side Air Attack: Hitbox was shrunk to better match the attack animation.
– Grounded Side Attack 1: More whiff recovery to give the attack a bit more risk for its reward.
The goal of these changes are to give Batman earned ring-out power and additional team utility. Giving a number of different attacks and combo routes that give Batman the ability to stack and maintain Weaken Debuff on the enemy.
+ Aerial and Grounded Side Special: Grapple can now be canceled out of using Jump or Dodge.
This should give Batman additional outplay options and give him some team utility that he was lacking previously.
+ Grounded Down Special: While in smoke Batman and allies ignore enemy projectiles.
This should help Batman with a bit more team utility.
+ Aerial and Grounded Neutral Attack: Batarang on hit now applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Up Air Attack 2: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Side Air Attack 2: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
– Aerial and Grounded Down Special: When exiting from Tunnels Bugs Bunny and allies’ invincibility frames have been reduced.
– Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special: Bugs Bunny and allies do damage to the Safe when attacking it.
The Safe could stay on the map for too long so we decided ally attacks can also damage the safe, reducing how long the safe stays out overall. This should provide more opportunities and openings for the enemy team to play around.
– Side Air Attack: Has more whiff recovery to allow it to be more punishable.
The goal of these changes are to reduce the easily achievable blazing movement speed Finn has access to.
~ Grounded Down Attack:
+ Hit 1 and 2 chain together more reliably
– Reduced knockback on second hit.
+ Aerial and Grounded Up Special: Hitboxes now connect into each other more consistently.
– Base Movement Speed: Reduced from 2200 to 2100.
– Grounded Down Special: Boots of Speed now gives 10% increased movement speed on first purchase, 5% on the second stack and 3% movement on each subsequent stack, reduced from flat 10% on all stacks. It is now capped at 10 stacks reduced from unlimited stacking.
– Down Air Attack: Hitbox starts a bit later.
– Side Air Attack 2: Increased whiff recovery.
– Neutral Air Attack: Increased whiff recovery.
~ Down Air Special: Crystal now counts as a projectile for perk application
+ Down Air Attack: Startup of move decreased.
+ Neutral Air Attack: Increased base knockback.
– Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special: has additional start up time before it becomes active
Previously the projectile slow would be active on frame 1 which made projectiles nearly useless against an aware Garnet.
– Up Air Attack: Startup of move increased.
– Side Air Attack 1: Takes a bit longer before it can be landing canceled.
– Side Air Attack 2: Added additional whiff recovery to give a larger window where the attack can be punished on misses.
~ Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special:
+ The Bomb will now pierce armor.
+ Harley Bomb Equip no longer counts as an Air Special use.
– Harley Bat Bomb will detonate after 6 seconds even when attached.
This is to prevent how oppresive the bomb could be when attached to Harley. It would cause all approaches to Harley to be unfavorable.
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the bomb would disappear when attached to a player that goes to the edge of the blastbox.
– Up Air Attack: Increased time between use when using Up Air Attack again when Up Air Attack is canceled by landing.
– Side Air Attack: Slightly more whiff recovery.
– Neutral Air Attack: Has more whiff recovery to prevent it from being a very strong and safe option for Harley.
~ Aerial and Grounded Side Special:
+ Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
– Startup of move increased.
– Initial Movement speed slowed from 2x to 1.5 to give more time for opponents to react.
+ Up Air Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Down Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Neutral Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
– Weight: Lowered from 75 to 63.
– Side Air Attack: Jake’s stretch punch distance is now based on charge time. The sweet spot on the attack will only apply if charged for a long enough time.
+ Grounded Side Special: Can be canceled immediately on hit.
+ Up Air Attack: Multi-hit will combo a bit more reliably.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Increased hitbox size in front.
+ Grounded Down Attack: Has faster startup.
– Up Air Special: Movement speed increase reduced from 2x to 1.5x.
+ Passive: Shaggy now starts with a Sandwich with each life.
+ Down Air Special: Has armor when starting descent.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Has earlier on hit cancel frames and knockback pushes the opponent up and forward to help Shaggy follow up and combo.
+ Grounded Down Attack: has faster startup.
– Base Movement Speed: Shaggy movement speed reduced from 2300 to 2225.
~ Neutral Dodge: Bubble shield charges and refresh time now shown to the player as an ability cooldown.