MultiVersus Game servers are down on PS4, PS5, Xbox, and PC. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing a number of issues with online gameplay. Out of those affected, some are experiencing login and disconnection issues. You can check Multiversus server status, maintenance, and downtime details here.
Is MultiVersus Down?
Yes, players are experiencing login, matchmaking, and disconnection issues with the game server. Players are also reporting the “Connection lost” and error “You have disconnected” issue in the Multiversus game. It is possible that game servers are down for backend maintenance. You can check for any scheduled maintenance time and other details below.
Check MultiVersus Server Maintenance details here.
Update (August 15, 2022): The game server servers are experiencing some issues. The game devs are aware of this problem and working to fix it. More details are coming.
Related: Multiversus Season 1 Update Patch Notes
If servers are up and running, check for any available updates. Be sure to allow any updates to install completely before beginning your game installation.
Test your internet connection.
- From the home screen, select Settings.
- Now, select Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection and allow the test to run.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
- Select Test network connection and allow the test to run.
Related: List of all MultiVersus Known Issues, Bugs and Glitches.
Run through the basics
Here are a few tips to note before delving any deeper:
- Restarting your router is often the easiest and quickest way to resolve connectivity issues.
- Other bandwidth-heavy applications on your network can be detrimental to your ability to connect. This includes, but is not limited to, streaming music, streaming video or movies, or downloading files.
How to check Multiversus Server Status?
You can check the Multiversus status of your chosen platform to ensure that there are no problems with the service itself: