Monster Hunter World update 12.01 patch notes for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One released. According to the official MHW update 12.01 patch notes, the latest update brings a new monster (Stygian Zinogre) and new guiding lands, region, Tundra Region. Apart from this, MHW version 12.01 also includes adjustments, bug fixes as well as stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update was released which added a new monster, bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Monster Hunter World version 12.01 update is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Monster Hunter World (MHW) update 12.01 Patch Notes
- Added cutscene that unlocks the Tundra Region in the Guiding Lands.
- Added new weapon trees, armor, and skills.
- Added Stygian Zinogre. (Stygian Zinogre will appear in a cutscene in the Guiding Lands, after finishing the story of Iceborne.)
- A tempered version of Ruiner Nergigante will now appear in the game.
- Removed the damage reaction from the startup of the sword & shield’s Claw Uppercut.
- The sword & shield’s Claw Uppercut can now soften a monster’s hide.
- Monster Hunter World update 12.01 adjusted damage on the sword & shield’s Perfect Rush.
- Adjusted design on how other players are knocked back from explosions caused by the gunlance’s Wyrmstake Blast.
- Adjusted various dual blade actions.
- Instead of dropping slinger ammo, the dual blades’ Spinning Rising Slash will now wound parts easier.
- Fixed an issue where cluster bomb reload speed was normal or reload wouldn’t perform while aiming when using the heavy bowgun.
- MHW update 12.01 adjusted design on the hunting horn’s Extended Health Recovery so health could be regained even when taking damage over time.
- Adjusted how much ammo is used by the flinch shot when the Slinger Capacity skill is active.
- Adjusted the Frostcraft skill so that the insect glaive will no longer consume its gauge when performing a moving mounted attack.
- New decor can now be placed in your room in Seliana.
- New BGM can now be played in your room in Seliana.
- New designs for the Squad Card added.
- New Pendants added.
- Starter-friendly Defender weapon line added (forgeable at the Smithy).
- Starter-friendly Defender α armor set added (purchasable from the Armory).
- New feature added to upgrade armor to its maximum level automatically with the available armor spheres.
- When obtaining analyzed special tracks in the Guiding Lands or when analysis is finished, other players in your expedition will now obtain the same special tracks.
- The leader of the Guiding Lands expedition can now decrease specific region levels manually by speaking to the Handler.
- New layered armor added with Monster Hunter World update 12.01.
- New Weapon Pose added. Your hunter will perform different poses depending on the equipped weapon.
- Region Level Fix option available while in the Guiding Lands.
- Changed design so all ammo types are reloaded when exiting your tent with a bowgun equipped.
- Red, white, and, orange Kinsect extract can now be harvested from the training area’s wagon.
- Shining Wyvern Blade was renamed to Platinum Dawn. (This name was changed to match its appearance)
- Lowered the frequency of the Palico’s voice playback while in standby mode.
- The following decorations are now easier to obtain:
- Blaze Jewel+ 4, Stream Jewel+ 4, Frost Jewel+ 4, Bolt Jewel+ 4, Dragon Jewel+ 4, Venom Jewel+ 4, Paralyzer Jewel+ 4, Sleep Jewel+ 4, Blast Jewel+ 4
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments in Monster Hunter World update 12.01
- Monster Hunter World 12.01 fixed an issue with the priority level of certain meals added to the canteen in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
- Fixed an issue that wouldn’t allow you to create Rajang items obtained from the Guiding Lands at the Elder Melder.
- Fixed an issue where the music player in your room in Seliana wouldn’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when displaying certain dual blades in the Equipment Display in Your Room in Seliana.
- Monster Hunter World version 12.01 fixed an issue where when placing pets via the Housekeeper, specific steps would cause an error.
- Adjusted the conditions to unlock the BGM “The Invading Tyrant – Bazelgeuse” for the music player.
- Monster Hunter World 12.01 fixed an issue where after eating a meal at the Canteen, the time before your stamina is reduced isn’t reset.
- MHW update 12.01 fixed an issue where Brachydios would get stuck on top of ledges in the special arena.
- Fixed an issue where during multiplayer, the explosions caused by Tempered Brachydios’ slime would not be synchronized between players.
- Fixed an issue where certain monsters would always be displayed during low rank quests in the Ancient Forest even if they don’t appear in the quest itself.
- Tweaked the rewards upon breaking Zinogre’s head, along with adding rewards.
- Fixed an issue where Legiana would continue to walk instead of fly after an avalanche is triggered in area 4 of the Hoarfrost Reach.
- Fixed an issue where Nightshade Paolumu wouldn’t drop a shiny after a turf war with certain monsters.
- MHW update 12.01 fixed an issue where Velkhana wouldn’t sustain damage in its turf war with Ruiner Nergigante.
- Fixed an issue where stamina wouldn’t decrease while mounted on top of Gold Rathian.
- Fixed an issue where master rank Lunastra wouldn’t use its flare attack.
- Fixed an issue where Gold Rathian would take more time than usual to land after attacking with its hellfire breath.
- Monster Hunter World 12.01 fixed an issue where, in the Coral Highlands, Namielle would sometimes fall into an area it isn’t designated to go.
- Fixed an issue where certain attacks from monsters would hit twice.
- Fixed an issue where the clutch claw would work during certain monster actions even when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the color of Seething Bazelgeuse’s scales wouldn’t correspond to its powered-up state.
- Fixed an issue where Namielle’s water pools wouldn’t react to the monster’s electric attacks.
- Fixed an issue where Gold Rathian would roar non-stop if led to a specific area of the Elder’s Recess.
- Fixed an issue in Ver. 11.50 where analyzed special tracks could be obtained while mining from Uragaan or Radobaan’s back in the Guiding Lands. We apologize for not notifying players of this earlier.
- Adjusted how long an elder dragon and certain monsters stay in the same area of the Guiding Lands.
Monster Hunter World (MHW) update 12.01 is now available for download.