Minecraft Dungeons update 1.22 (1.12.00) is now available to download on PS4 and PC. According to official Minecraft Dungeons 1.22 patch notes, the latest Cloudy Climb update added the Tower and new seasonal progression system to the game. Apart from this, Minecraft Dungeons patch 1.22 also includes various bug fixes.
Previously, an update added new features, fixes, and more. Unfortunately, some players are still experiencing issues with the game.
Today’s Minecraft Dungeons version 1.22 (126.96.36.199) will fix a few of these issues.
Minecraft Dungeons 1.22 Patch Notes (Cloudy Climb) – December 14, 2021
- A new progression track has been introduced, allowing you to unlock new cosmetics like capes, skins, emotes, pets, and flairs. While you expand your collection, prove your worth by climbing the Tower – a mysterious and replayable structure that puts your skill to the test through several floors of challenging content.
What is the Tower?
The Tower is a new, singleplayer gameplay area available for all players as part of the free Cloudy Climb update.
In the Tower, the player controls an avatar: a character that initially has no gear, but slowly collects it through a selection of rewards you earn as you progress. The Tower itself has 30 different floors, with each one harder than the previous one, and the goal is to make it as high up as you possibly can.
The Tower is home to both familiar mobs and bosses from Minecraft Dungeons – but also a few new foes as well. Not all Tower inhabitants are hostile and some of them will help you along your way up by modifying the gear that you collect. They can increase the power of it, upgrade it to a unique variant, or gild it.
How do the new cosmetics work and what types are there?
There are several new types of cosmetic rewards available with Seasonal Adventures that you can be applied to your character you’re the Cosmetics tab of the inventory screen.
Skins – The base appearance of characters
Capes – Extra cosmetic items worn by characters
Emotes – Animated expressions, like dances, that players can trigger
Pets – Non-combat pets that will follow you through the world
Flairs – Visual effects that can be triggered when drinking a potion, defeating an enemy, and more
These new cosmetics cannot be purchased separately and can only be earned by progressing through Adventure Ranks.
- With this release, you’ll discover and unlock 10 new achievements during your adventures!
- Unintentional rolling is now prevented by increasing thumbstick deadzone maximum to 100%.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping certain melee weapons mid-attack.
- Fixed an issue that could result in loss of data when shutting down a PC during a loading screen.
- Players must now ‘hold to confirm’ to pick up a banner from a Raid Captain, to prevent accidental pickup
- The ‘Back to Back’ achievement now unlocks correctly.
- The ‘Ear Protection Recommended’ achievement now unlocks correctly during online multiplayer sessions after meeting the criteria.
- Players can no longer be killed during the opening cutscene on Gauntlet of Gales.
- Fixed an area on Windswept Peaks that caused players to get blown onto an invisible floor by the wind currents
- Windcaller mobs can no longer launch the player out of bounds on Gauntlet of Gales
- Fixed an invisible collision that could block arrows on End Wilds
Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Coral Rise, as well as fixed an area on the mini-map that appeared playable but was not
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Windswept Peaks
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Broken Citadel.
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Creeper Woods
- Fixed some chests clipping through walls on Frozen Fjord
- Fixed the mission objective not changing after picking up the Conduit on Abyssal Monument.
- Reduced the size of the cores in Fiery Forge to prevent accidental triggering.
- Fixed the player’s view getting blocked by the foreground in an area of End Wilds
- Corrupted Seeds now have consistent behavior against flying mobs.
- Fixed a permanent damage reduction by utilizing Ghostly Armor and Ghost Kindler.
Dual Crossbows now shoot both projectiles properly towards mobs that are much higher and lower than the player.
- Fixed some Spookier Fall event gear not showing the proper glow effects when fully enchanted
- The Ancient Guardian no longer gets stuck out of player attack range.
- Ghasts no longer launch into the air after noticing players
- Skeleton Horsemen can no longer be stunned using certain artifacts
- Iceologer attacks can no longer be blocked by holding TNT
- Guardian Vex can no longer be enchanted by Enchanters
- Ravagers once again perform their charge attack correctly.
- The Jungle Abomination no longer ignores pets summoned by players.
- Poison Quill Vines no longer ignore pets summoned by players.
- The Gravity Pulse enchantment now plays a sound effect when triggered
Updated the ranged Dynamo enchantment description for clarity: “Adds damage to the next attack after rolling, with multiple rolls stacking the damage effect.”
- Fixed the Tempo Theft enchantment not triggering after a killing blow
- Accessibility improvements and fixes for text-to-speech on several screens
- Fixed slow waiting times when linking to a Microsoft Account.
- The level progress bar is now shown properly on the upload/download menus for cloud saves
- Fixed the ‘To the End!’ achievement notification not appearing on Nintendo Switch
- Fixed an incorrect translation of Torment Arrows.
Download free Minecraft Dungeons update 1.22 (188.8.131.52) on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.