Minecraft 2.44 PS4 update is now available to download. According to the official Minecraft 2.44 patch notes, the latest update added new features, fixes, and gameplay enhancements. Apart from this, today’s Minecraft version 2.44 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Unfortunately, since the last major update, players are still facing issues with the game. Today’s Minecraft version 2.44 will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Minecraft PS4 2.44 Patch Notes (Bedrock)
- When an Allay hears a Jukebox playing, it will do a dance animation
- If the Jukebox stops playing, or if the allay gets too far away from the Jukebox, it will stop dancing
- If the Allay is given an Amethyst Shard while dancing, it will play a small amethyst sound, make a heart, and duplicate into another Allay
- After duplication, both Allays will have a 5-minute cooldown before being able to duplicate again
- Expanded the ‘/locate’ command into locate structure and locate biome
- The Trader Llama now has its own spawn egg
- Added the player’s cause of death to the death screen
- Music is now included in the game files on iOS, so players no longer need to be download the music pack from the Marketplace
- Added Bluetooth mouse and keyboard support on iOS
Performance / Stability
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Boats are unloaded from the world
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a Wither is loaded into the world
- Fixed a crash that could occur in multiplayer when a player left the game while changing dimension
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a Fishing Rod was cast through dimension-changing portals
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players died while affected with Withering
- The game no longer crashes when entering the Coin Starter Bundle screen
- Loading a world no longer takes a very long time when having the Holiday Creator Features experimental toggle enabled
- Players are no longer pushed by Doors as they close.
- Items now stack properly in the offhand when inventory is full.
- Equipping items in armor slots through inventory screen now produces sounds.
- Players can now hear each other equipping items in armor slots
- Fixed a bug where players could take fall damage when walking around on Scaffolding at certain heights (even when not actually falling).
- Fixed a bug that reset the player’s vertical camera angle upon entering a Boat.
- Advanced Pick Block now copies the items inside when used on a Boat with Chest.
- Resistance effect is no longer one level weaker than it should be.
- Haste I will now properly increase the player’s mining speed.
- Conduit Power I now grants the effect of Haste I instead of Haste II
- Fixed an issue with extra health from Health Boost not persisting after exiting the world.
- Container entities like Boat with Chest can now be opened on mobile devices without crouching if all the seats are occupied
- The player no longer endlessly jumps after entering a Boat while holding down the jump button.
- Fixed a bug causing player hitboxes to not reset if they die while swimming.
- Fixed an issue where new users given Operator permissions by default were not able to use operator commands
- Fixed an issue where worlds that gave Operator permissions to new players only gave Member permissions
- Removed the Vanilla Experiment and Wild Experiment toggles, since they no longer have any active experimental content
- Fixed a bug where upgrading old worlds could result in water columns below y=0
- Mangrove Swamps are now denser to more closely match Java Edition.
- There is still work to be done to increase the density of Mangrove trees in water
- Grass blocks in Mangrove Swamps now have Dirt blocks underneath them.
- Clay patches now correctly generate in Mangrove Swamps
- Campground structures now generate correctly in Ancient Cities.
- Updated Ancient City structures to match Java Edition
- Sculk Vein feature can now generate within the same height-span as the Sculk Patch feature.
- Fixed issues with mobs disappearing after going through Nether portals..
- Fixed a bug causing tamed mobs to disappear when they go through a Nether portal in a multiplayer world.
- Villagers now spawn as Swamp Villagers in Mangrove Swamp.
- Villagers will now flee from Zoglins.
- Parrots are once again poisoned by Cookies.
- The Trader Llama now has the correct name displayed when opening its inventory.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Trader Llamas from becoming aggressive towards entities that attack the Wandering Trader.
- The Wandering Trader will now flee from Zoglins
- The Wandering Trader will now drink Milk to clear its Invisibility effect.
- Fixed a bug causing riding passengers to stop riding when reloaded if they were across chunk borders
- Breaking a Boat with Chest or Minecart with Chest will now anger nearby Piglins.
- Fixed entities disappearing when importing worlds converted from legacy console editions of Minecraft
- Fixed a bug where Slimes would no longer spawn in flat worlds made before 1.18.
- Fixed a bug where failed Slime spawn attempts would reduce the spawning rates of other mobs.
- Wither now breaks Obsidian when attacked by players.
- Wither no longer breaks surrounding blocks after a shorter delay than intended after being attacked
- Entities entering Nether portals exit in same relative position and rotation to the portal.
- Edited health points of Cod, Pufferfish, Salmon, and Tropical fish to be 3, matching Java Edition
- Shulker projectile now adds effect “Levitation” instead of “Levitation II” on hit
- Tadpoles now grow up into Temperate Frog in Meadow, and into Cold Frog in Deep Dark
- Frogs no longer lay Frogspawn on shallow, flowing water.
- Allays can now follow players through Nether portals.
- Taking a stackable item from an Allay now correctly adds this item to existing stacks.
- Taking a stackable item from an Allay no longer cause item duplication
- Allay pickup range is changed from 64 to 32 blocks to match Java Edition.
- Allay now retains information about the vibration it is reacting to through save and load
- Items held by Allays now glow in darkness.
- Warden can now path through lava.
- Warden can now pass through water.
- Warden is no longer pushable while emerging or digging
- If the Warden is in liquid when attempting to despawn, it will not do the digging animation, instead it will just despawn without any animation/sound.
- Warden now always chases a nuisance after it roars at it
- Warden now increases its anger towards an attacking nuisance by 100 anger for each attack
- There are no longer graphical artifacts from the Warden’s emerge or dig particle effects.
- Warden’s hurt animation no longer differs between Bedrock Edition and Java Edition.
- Wardens can now spawn on more types of non-full blocks, such as upper Slabs, Redstone Dust, Snow layers, Buttons, and Tripwires.
- Known limitations: The current solution doesn’t allow spawning on some types of blocks such as Leaves and lower Slabs
- Warden now retains information about the vibration it is reacting to through save and load
- Warden’s Sonic Boom attack now bypasses enchantment damage reduction such as Protection.
- Nether Sprouts and Fungi can now be placed on Mud and Muddy Mangrove Roots
- Froglight walk sound volume is now more similar as other blocks walk sound volume.
- Mob Spawners now drop XP only when destroyed by a Pickaxe
- Fixed a visual issue where Barrier Blocks would show a red texture/overlay when being viewed from the inside.
- Renamed “Flowered Azalea Leaves” to “Flowering Azalea Leaves”
- Lapis Lazuli Block is now named Block of Lapis Lazuli.
- Cut Copper Slab and its variants can now be placed on the top half of a block on the first attempt.
- Campfires can now provide full-faced bottom support to other blocks
- Lecterns can now provide full-faced bottom support to other blocks
- Weeping Vines can now be placed underneath all blocks which can provide full-faced bottom support.
- Fixed an issue where Carved Pumpkins launched from Dispensers weren’t equipping to nearby mobs
- Bell now rings when hit by any type of projectile
- Hit sound is now played when Amethyst block is hit by projectiles.
- Amethyst Clusters are no longer destroyed if attached to a Sculk Sensor
- Structure Blocks can no longer be waterlogged.
The following changes were added previously.
The day has arrived and Minecraft Caves & Cliffs: Part II has officially released to the world! It is, indeed, a very special day when we all get to boot up our devices and see a new update ready to download and play. It represents years of hard work from both our team of developers, as well as the community’s continued passion for creating endless worlds in Minecraft. The update is available on all Bedrock platforms right now and we can’t wait for you to jump in and experience one of the biggest updates in Minecraft’s history. Here’s a bit of what to expect when you load into the game today:
- Increased the world height and depth, adding 50% more vertical space to build and explore
- New cave generation to explore below your existing worlds
- New cave and mountain biomes like Lush Caves and Jagged Peaks
- Drastically updated and improved biome, cave, and ore generation
- Added several new music tracks to enjoy during gameplay
- Addressed over 70 bugs, issues, and parity changes
There are the highlights. Jump in and start playing now, or if you want to see the full list of changes, read on!
Increased World Height and Depth
- Overworld height and depth for new and existing worlds has been extended to y320 and y-64, opening up more space to explore and build in
- Players can now update existing worlds to include the new overworld height dimensions and world generation features.
- The bedrock layer at y0 below saved chunks will be replaced with Deepslate and feature new cave generation underneath
- Biomes and terrain generating across new and existing chunk borders will blend seamlessly, creating natural-looking environmental transitions
New Terrain and Mountain Generation
- Terrain shape and elevation is no longer always determined by biome, resulting in new biome placements such as deserts on top of hills
- Mountains are taller than ever and can now generate up to a maximum height of 256 blocks
New Biomes, 3D Biome Generation, and Biome Distribution
- Added 3D biomes – cave biomes can now generate directly below surface biomes
- New cave and mountain biomes added, including Jagged Peaks, Meadows, Lush Caves and Dripstone Caves
New Cave Generation
- Added noise caves – the three primary types of noise caves are large, open Cheese Caves, wide, tunnelling Spaghetti Caves and the narrow, winding Noodle Caves
- Added aquifers – these create local level bodies of water such as flooded caves or underground lakes
Ore Distribution and Large Ore Veins
- Added large ore veins – these long formations stretch through cave systems and contain larger deposits of ore than the clusters usually found underground
- Ore distribution has been adjusted to compensate for the new world height
- Monsters will now only spawn in complete darkness. Players can spawn-proof dark areas such as caves using light sources
- Added new music by Lena Raine and Kumi Tanioka
- Added a new music disc from Lena Raine titled “otherside”. This can be found rarely in Stronghold corridor chests or much more rarely in Dungeon chests
- Mobile players: To hear the new music, you will need to download the updated Minecraft Original Music Pack, available FREE from Marketplace
- Caves & Cliffs – Free fall from the top of the world (build limit) to the bottom of the world and survive
- Feels Like Home – Take a Stringer for a loooong ride on a lava lake in the Overworld
- Sound of Music – Make the Meadows come alive with the sound of music from a jukebox
- Star trader – Trade with a villager at the build height limit
Check out the FAQ article for a deep dive on the new features in Caves & Cliffs: Part II!
- Added new “Vanilla Experiments” experimental toggle containing some blocks and items from The Wild Update, coming in 2022
- Goat Horn
- Sculk Vein
- Sculk Catalyst
- Sculk Shrieker
- Sculk Sensor
- Be sure to backup your worlds before enabling experimental toggles and see our updated FAQ on how to enable Experiments
“Old” World Type
- Removed “Old” world type from the world creation screen
- Locked Old worlds to BaseGameVersion 1.17.40
- Existing Old worlds are still playable but will not be updated with 1.18 features
- Added a new main menu panorama showing the beautiful cliffs of the Overworld
Android External Storage
- Players with external storage will be migrated to new location at start up, due to storage changes required by Google. You can still play if migration fails by closing the results window
With external storage being migrated to its new location in preparation for Google’s new API requirements, you will now lose your data if you uninstall Minecraft, unless you check the box indicating you want to keep your data. We recommend checking this box if you wish to keep your worlds in the event you choose to reinstall Minecraft
- New world generation in this release is currently incompatible with the ‘Creation of Custom Biomes’ experimental toggle. Expect worlds with custom biome generation to be potentially unstable and for custom biomes to only exist in currently saved out areas of the world.
World generation for the Minecraft Overworld has changed entirely with this release. This means old seeds will no longer spawn players in the same positions when playing 1.18. If creators are version locked to an old version of the game, their seeds will generate worlds as they were prior to 1.18.
Performance / Stability
- Addressed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Addressed a crash that could occur when loading certain world chunks
- Addressed a crash that could occur when going through portals with tamed pets
- Optimized the time it takes to place Vines in the Overworld during world generation
- Replaced the missing “Always Day” option in world settings
- Players with higher than recommended render distance settings are now prompted to change it to the recommended value
- Render distance default and max settings have been updated for better performance, including improvements to the slider in video settings
- A prompt now warns players that they will be taken back to the main menu if they sign-in while in-game
- Increased Realm upload and download timeouts to 15 minutes
- Corrected Portal locations when the Portal was moved but the location was not updated
- Hero of the Village effect now applies to all players who helped kill a raider once a raid is defeated, and the effect remains on the players, even if they travel outside the village
- Addressed an issue where terrain could be seen through
- Addressed player hitbox not resetting after gliding with Elytra
- Addressed player flight with Elytra being cancelled when hitting a wall and taking damage
- Mobs can now path over Trapdoors
- Addressed issues with mobs and entities disappearing from chunks
- Mobs no longer walk through Campfires
- Axolotls now animate correctly when airborne
- Sweet Berry Bushes now damage mobs, with the exception of Foxes
- Mobs no longer try to path through Sweet Berry Bushes
- The riding position of Llamas no longer shifts after being tamed
- Raid mobs now despawn after a raid ends, if the player moves too far away
- Vindicators no longer naturally spawn in Illager Patrols
- Lightning bolts no longer have shadows
- Fish now attempt to avoid Axolotls
- Magma Cubes are now correctly aggressive towards Iron Golems and Slimes are no longer aggressive towards Snow Golems
- Phantoms should now be able to free themselves after getting stuck when trying to pathfind into mountains
- Villagers will keep following their schedules in worlds that have been ticking for a very long time, and when game time is negative
- Education Edition: NPCs no longer have idle sounds
- Breaking a block below fire no longer creates an invisible fire block when the ‘doFireTick’ gamerule is disabled
- Players can once again continuously place water, lava, and Powder Snow by holding down the ‘Place’ button
- Light blocks no longer support blocks that need support, e.g. Beds and Paintings
- Light blocks will now survive a TNT or Creeper explosion
- All ground vegetation can now be placed on Mycelium
- Addressed shallow water turning brighter when aimed at while holding a Small Drip Leaf
- Tall flowers will now drop only one item when broken by water placed in the upper half of the flower
- Campfires no longer drop only one Charcoal when broken by a Piston or an explosion, instead dropping two units as expected
- In the Stonecutter, a Block of Copper can now be crafted into four Cut Copper
- Copper Ore now drops 2-5 (from 2-3) Raw Copper items
- Nether Sprouts can once again generate when using Bone Meal on Warped Nylium
- Snow Grass Block and all types of Snow blocks now use similar colors
- Addressed Leaf Blocks not remaining transparent when surrounded by partial blocks such as Buttons or Slabs
- Addressed face culling of blocks placed below Leaf blocks, fixing an x-ray effect
Adjusted the smoothness of movement for Primed TNT, Lingering Potions, Splash Potions, and Bottle o’ Enchanting when far from players
Fire Charges are no longer consumed when used on lit Candles, Candle Cakes, Campfires, activated Nether Portals, or on other blocks that are already on fire
- Multiple Education Edition items no longer show the “craftingScreen.tab.none” tooltip
- Ender Pearls can no longer generate as Glow Sticks in Woodland Mansion chest
- Added missing screen reader on the “Controller lost connection” prompt
- The Carved Pumpkin enchantment glint now only covers the item instead of the entire slot
Addressed a bug that could occur on older worlds where looking up in a Minecart would display the inside of the Minecart, blocking the player’s view
- Updated item rendering so enchanted are no longer be invisible in the Nether
- Addressed a visual glitch where taking a plant from a Flower Pot would result in the plant still being rendered
- Water drips now trigger splash effects
- Shield blocking animation now plays smoothly
Addressed Java Edition parity while lying in bed in multiplayer game. A message will now show how many players are lying in bed while waiting for all players to fall asleep
- Updated the “out of storage” message with additional clarity when a device is out of storage for saving new worlds
- The raid boss bar color has changed from purple to red, matching Java Edition
- Raid boss bars now decrease whenever a raider takes damage
- Structure Blocks can now be saved and loaded properly within current dimension height limits
- All setting changes made to a new world are carried over when creating it on a new Realm
- Renamed some occurrences of “level” in the user interface to the more accurate “world”
- The store update prompt no longer appears for no internet connection or session start failure
- Improved the error messaging in the Play screen when Microsoft Account permissions are set to block multiplayer
- Addressed an issue where searching for non-existent content brought up the incorrect “1 result” message
- Addressed overlapping text on Marketplace offerings occurring on 4:3 resolution screens
- Addressed the rendering of the icons in text, making the colors not appear distorted
Updated Add-On Template Packs
- Updated Add-On templates for 1.18.0 with new resources, behaviors, and documentation
- Players are disconnected if server and client have different Runtime Block IDs
- Addressed a rendering error that could occur when attempting to render a Vanilla mob in a base game version prior to the version that mob was introduced through JSON files
- Most content errors and warnings will now only display once per world
- Improved performance in ‘RangedAttackGoal’ for mobs that do not move
- Addressed mobs’ default summonability when not specified in JSON
- Addressed a versioning error with animation controllers that was causing the wrong schema to be utilized on Marketplace worlds with an animation controller version 1.8.0
- Order of function calls triggered by ‘/execute’ inside a function are now consistent
The ‘/clone’ command has been updated to properly check for overlapping source and destinations areas no longer allowing for a 1 block depth overlap on each axis. This can continue to be overridden via the force clone option
- Added the ‘/loot’ command with spawn loot overload
- New Item API updates: ItemStack
- Exposed interfaces for accessing script-enabled ItemComponents on ItemStack. Note that these item components only work in conjunction with custom items defined via the Holiday Creator Features experiment
- hasComponent(componentId: string) – returns true if the ItemStack has the component [componentId] attached to it
- getComponent(componentId: string) – returns a handle to the component attached to this ItemStack. Returns an undefined handle if the component does not exist or if the component is yet to be exposed to script
- getComponents() – returns an array of all attached script-enabled components on this ItemStack
- Script Enabled Item Components
- Read-only property nutrition – number that describes how much nutrition this food item gives the player when eaten
- Read-only property saturationModifier – number that is the saturation modifier used to apply the saturation buff when eaten
- Read-only property canAlwaysEat – if true the player can always eat this item (even when not hungry)
- Read-only property usingConvertsTo – string name of the Item this will be converted to when eaten. If empty, the item will not convert to anything else
- Read-only property maxDurability – the number amount of damage this item can take before breaking
- Read-only property damageRange – a NumberRange describing the chance of the item losing durability
- Property damage – gets or sets the current damage on the ItemStack
- getDamageChance(unbreaking: number = 0) – gets the maximum chance that this item would be damaged using the damageRange property if given an unbreaking level. Incoming unbreaking parameter must be greater than 0
- Added deltaTime read only property to TickEvent which represents the time between the last Level tick in seconds
- Addressed content error when Molang expression has no tokens to only fire when ‘min_engine_version’ is 1.17.40 or higher
Download free Minecraft version 2.44 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.