Last Epoch update 0.8.4b is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Last Epoch patch notes, the latest update adjusted the forging potential of new items, controller keybinds, bug fixes, and more.
Since the last patch, players were facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s Last Epoch patch 0.8.4b will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Last Epoch Patch Notes – December 14, 2021
- Adjusted forging potential of new items
- +3 minimum forging potential for normal items.
- +2 minimum forging potential for magic items.
- +2 maximum forging potential for normal items.
- +3 to 4 minimum forging potential for rare items based on level.
- Reduced the maximum forging potential cost of adding a second affix to 14 (from 15).
- Reduced the maximum forging potential cost of adding a third or fourth affix to 18 (from 20).
- Controller Keybinds
- Left D-Pad now triggers the dungeon ability.
- Right D-Pad press is still bound to portal usage, but a long press will now toggle ground items.
- A controller binding reset should be enforced automatically. If the actionbar doesn’t change, try resetting keybinds.
- Julra’s beams are destroyed or don’t spawn if you kill her while they are active or spawning.
- Reduced Festering Cultist damage by 8%.
- Roots of Vithrasil no longer drops. There are some bugs with it so it was planned to be held off for now.
- The door in The Shining Cove now also opens if you have waypoint in The Oracle’s Refuge or are at least level 53.
- Likely fixed a rare bug that caused the game window to be a solid white background with some user interface on top when loading a character. If you’re still having this problem, please make a bug report with your log file.
Addressed an issue where logging out or dying after killing the boss in the Dreadnought’s Deck or Morditas’ Tomb could prevent further game progression.
- Addressed an issue where using Ice Thorns’ Cold Prison node with an active minion could crash the game.
- Addressed an issue with Spriggan Form’s Vale Spirits which could cause several other bugs such as extreme movement speed.
- Fixed being able to use skill tree nodes to change into transforms you had not unlocked.
- Addressed an issue where transform-specifc skills could be put on the actionbar while in human form.
- Addressed an issue where Maul’s cooldown could not be reset by Fury Leap’s Aspect of the Mantis when you have Werebear Form’s Skull Crusher node.
- Addressed an issue where Spriggan Form’s Garden of Rage restored mana while in human form.
Addressed an issue where Maul using Upheaval could cost more rage than intended if you had increased Upheaval’s mana cost with nodes such as Excavating Blow.
- Addressed an issue where Drain Life still had a minimum mana cost of 1 after you took the Blood Magic node to change its mana cost to a health drain.
Addressed an issue where opening the Appearance window via the button in the Inventory window would not load your list of pets. Opening the window directly via the K key worked correctly.
- Fixed armor models having stretching issues in the character select screen on some graphics settings.
- Addressed an issue where Exalted items had less forging potential than intended.
- Addressed an issue where no error would be shown if a character name contained a restricted word.
- Changed Polearms to Spears in text descriptions for the Monolith of Fate.
- Fixed Death’s Embrace lacking its intended lore text.