Many players are reporting Cyberpunk game crashes after the tutorial with the massage “Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 Flatalined“.
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
Recently, the day one update was released with various bug fixes and stability improvements. Unfortunately, since the release of this patch, many players are experiencing HDR/lighting and color (over bright) issues. The game developers are aware of this issue and working on a fix.
What is Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 Flatalined issue?
The game failed to load where the player clicks “Play” in the CD Project Red launcher. In some instances, the game crashes after the tutorial or after the cutscenes.
How to fix Whoa Cyberpunk 2077 Flatalined issue?
Verify integrity of game cache
Players are facing a variety of issues including immortal enemies, crashes, glitched graphics, or inability to launch the game.
If you have encountered such an issue, please verify the integrity of game cache and load a game save file created before this issue occurred (if possible).
- Launch GOG GALAXY and log in with your GOG.com account.
- Choose the game from ‘Owned games’ tab.
- Click ‘Customize’ button (to the right of “Play” button) > Manage installation > Verify / Repair.
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache…” button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
On Epic Games:
- In the Library section, navigate to the game and click on the three dots.
- Click Verify in the drop-down list.
- It may take a few minutes to verify all the files.
Now try launching CP2077 in a clean boot mode and see if crashes persist there.
The upcoming update will fix Cyberpunk Flatalined issues.