Gran Turismo 7 update 1.16 (1.160) details are now available for PS4 and PS5 players. According to the official GT7 1.16 patch notes, the upcoming update will fix issues related to multiplayer, crashes, and more. Apart from this, Gran Turismo 7 patch 1.16 also includes performance fixes.
Previously, a major update 1.13 added 3 new cars, quality of life changes, and more. Unfortunately, players are experiencing a number of issues with the game. Today’s GT7 update 1.16 will address a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
GT7 Patch 1.16 Notes (1.160) for PS4 & PS5
Improvements and Adjustments
- Addressed a bug wherein ‘High Compression Pistons’ and ‘Turbochargers’ would both be installed at the same time if certain inputs were performed.
- Addressed a bug wherein selecting ‘Rivals Settings’ > ‘Rivals Selection’ > ‘Random’ in a [Custom Race] and starting with a Toyota GR010 HYBRID ’21 would result in a one-make race being set;
- Fixed so that rival cars’ wheel colours now match those displayed on the thumbnails in the ‘Lightweight K-Cup’;
- Addressed a bug wherein the time from the point of pit entry along with the actual time spent stopping at the pit stop would be counted on some tracks such as ‘Deep Forest’;
- Addressed a bug wherein changing a car from ‘Settings’ > ‘Change Car’ in a [Time Trial] or [Drift Trial] event screen would not change the car’s thumbnail on the Top Screen.
- Addressed a bug wherein selecting ‘Race Settings’ > ‘Start Type’ > ‘Grid Start with False Start Check’ in ‘Lobby’ would result in the actual start times of each car to differ;
- Addressed a bug wherein entering a room during a race in some instances would cause the background to disappear and the game to freeze when leaving the room.
- Adjusted the force feedback strength for the following combinations of cars and steering wheel controllers. When using any other combination, the force feedback strength applied will be the one from Update 1.13
・SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
・SRT GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
– Steering Wheels
・Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel
・Fanatec® GT DD Pro
– Addressed a bug wherein the progress bar of a video playback would not start from the beginning when playing a best lap replay in ‘Showcase.’
– Various other issues have been addressed.
The following changes were added recently.
- Addressed a bug in the Lobby wherein completing a race would not let users progress further.
- Addressed a bug wherein opening the Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List] of the Livery Editor will make all the applied decals disappear. Deleting the saved data from the console storage without editing or saving the design may fix this issue.
- Addressed a bug wherein the App hangs during the loading screen at start-up, and rare cases wherein the App crashes when entering certain race events. Deleting and re-installing ‘Gran Turismo 7’ might fix those issues.
- Added various performance fixes.
- Other minor fixes.
Steering Wheel Force Feedback Issue
Addressed a bug wherein using a combination of certain steering wheel controllers and vehicles would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury. The game devs have greatly reduced the intensity of the force feedback and torque applied by the following steering wheels:
・FANATEC GT DD Pro
Note: This is not the final changelog. The full official changelog will be available soon.
Download free GT7 patch 1.16 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.