Epic Games introduces voice reporting in Fortnite, a significant feature allowing players to report others using audio evidence. This aims to address violations like bullying, harassment, and discrimination in voice chats. In this guide, you will learn how to enable voice reporting feature in Fortnite.
Table of Contents
How Voice Reporting Works
- Capture Mechanism: Voice reporting automatically captures the last five minutes of voice chat on a rolling basis, storing it on the player’s device.
- Privacy and Security: Audio is stored on the player’s device, not on Epic’s servers. Epic can access this audio only when a voice report is submitted. Submitted audio clips are auto-deleted after 14 days or post-sanction, whichever is longer.
How to Enable Voice Reporting in Fortnite
For Players Under 18
- Default Setting: Voice reporting is automatically enabled.
- Opting Out: To avoid being recorded, underaged players can:
- Mute themselves in voice chat.
- Turn off voice chat entirely in the game settings.
For Players 18 and Over
- Access Settings: Go to the main Fortnite settings.
- Navigate to Voice Reporting: Select
- Customize Settings:
- Always On: This setting keeps voice reporting active in all channels.
- Off When Possible: Disables voice reporting in friend parties, unless someone has it set to “Always On”.
- Game Channels: Voice reporting is perpetually active for all players, overriding individual settings.
These steps ensure players can manage their voice reporting preferences, contributing to a safer and more respectful gaming environment.
- Players can report inappropriate conduct in Party or Game Channels by following specific steps detailed in Fortnite’s help article.
Reporter Anonymity and Sanction Notifications
- Reporter identity remains anonymous. Sanctioned players are notified via email or in-game messages with violation details and appeal options.
Limitations of Voice Reporting
- This feature is limited to Fortnite’s in-game voice chat and does not extend to external services like Discord.
FAQs – November 16, 2023
- Q: How do I know if voice reporting is active?
- A: Check the status in the Sidebar settings.
- Q: Can I choose not to be recorded?
- A: Players under 18 always have it on, but they can mute themselves. Players over 18 can set it to “Off When Possible.”
- Q: How long is the audio stored?
- A: Audio is stored for the last five minutes and deleted as new audio comes in.
- Q: Is my audio privacy protected?
- A: Yes, audio is stored on your device and only accessed by Epic when a report is submitted.