Fortnite update 3.26 (v17.40) is now available to download on PS4, Xbox One, and PC players. According to the official Fortnite 3.26 patch notes, the latest update added various fixes for battle royale, save the world, and Creative mode. Apart from this, Fortnite version 3.26 also includes general stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added a new Bugha’s Late Game mode and various bug fixes. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, players are still facing several issues while playing the game online. Today’s Fortnite version 3.26 will fix a few of these problems.
Fortnite 3.26 Patch Notes – August 17, 2021
THE FIRST INVASION WILD WEEK
The invasion is reaching its climatic conclusion as new tactics are being deployed weekly to turn the tide. Starting Thursday of this week, every Epic+ Pistol, Epic+ Assault Rifle, and all Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles will be replaced with their stealthy variants: Suppressed Pistols, Suppressed Assault Rifles, and Suppressed Sniper Rifles.
To avoid being seen as well as heard, the Aliens are countering this by deploying more Prop-ifiers across the Island. And in keeping up with trends, more vendors are supplying Prop Disguise services. Combine the sneakiness of a Prop Disguise with the silent precision of a Suppressed Sniper Rifle and the enemy won’t know what hit ‘em!
Sneak Week also comes with a Legendary Quest chain related to the week’s theme, so jump in and earn extra XP!
NEW MODE: IMPOSTORS!
v17.40 introduces the new mode Impostors. Ensure the safety and security of The Bridge — the IO’s top secret facility — as an IO Agent… or sabotage the Imagined Order from within as a hidden Impostor.
In Impostors, players will take on the role of Agents or Impostors stationed at The Bridge. Complete Assignments like calibrating llamas and delivering Storm reports, but keep an eye out for anyone untrustworthy, because the Impostors will be sabotaging and eliminating anyone in their path. Report any dubious behavior and vote out who you think’s an Impostor, but be careful not to choose incorrectly.
FILE ON THE BURST PULSE RIFLE
First there was Doctor Slone’s special Pulse Rifle, but now another variant has appeared. Did the Aliens take the tech and add their own improvements? The Alien “Kymera” is selling the Burst Pulse Rifle, a Pulse Rifle that fires two-round bursts when aiming down sights and has a bigger clip size.
On a side note, if you do decide to approach Kymera, could you get a few pictures?
CORAL CASTLE CHAOS
After a crater’s been left in the place of Slurpy Swamp, the Mothership has moved on to its next victim: Coral Castle. As with Slurpy Swamp during its abduction, head to Coral Castle to battle in the Mothership’s low-gravity tractor beam — hopping from one uprooted part of the POI to another.
The Aliens calculated that Coral Castle will take the same amount of time to abduct as Slurpy Swamp, so keep coming back during the week to see how things have changed.
Battle Royale Fixes
- Fixed a bug where Preferred Item Slots: Chug Cannon moving to incorrect slots.
- Fixed a bug where the player Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- Addressed issues with the Prop Disguise services.
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to proceed in Free Guy Quest chain.
FORTNITE CREATIVE: HALLOWEEN CALLOUT
An Otherworldly Celebration!
We’re on the lookout for Welcome Hubs capturing the spirit (and spirits) of the calendar’s most frightful month. We’ll also be on the lookout for your creepiest Halloween Island submissions. Choose from your favorite Halloween-themed props and be on the lookout for more content in a future update.
HALLOWEEN CANDY CONSUMABLES
Halloween isn’t complete without treats and we’re bringing new candy consumables that provide a variety of effects. All treats, no tricks!
- Halloween candies
- Candy Corn: Gradually recovers 10 HP.
- Hop drop: Recovers 5 HP and Provides low gravity effect.
- Jelly Bean: Recovers 10 Shield.
- Peppermint: Recovers 5 HP and provides a speed buff.
- Thermal Taffy: Recovers 5 HP and provides Thermal vision.
Candy is great, but it’s better with friends around the campfire! With Fall around the corner, keep warm with the new Campfire! With a bunch of new customizable options (as well as prop-based placement) you can decide whether players have to huddle together for warmth or have freedom to dance around the fire.
Read more details on the Campfire in the Device Updates section below and on the Fortnite Creative Documentation website.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Invasion Purple Birch Trees were added to the Invasion Nature Gallery.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Small Pool from the Invasion Prop Gallery dropping the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue with the wooden floors from the Invasion Graffiti Gallery dropping the wrong resource material.
- Fixed a player collision issue with the flower hedges from the Princess Castle Foliage Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with some assets from the Invasion Nature Gallery not properly highlighting when selected with the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue with highly emissive neon props from the Ring Gallery.
- Added Slurp Mushroom to the Consumables gallery.
- Added Inflate-A-Bull to the Consumables gallery.
- Added Plasma Cannon to the Weapons gallery.
- Added Alien Nanites to the Weapons gallery.
- Should be in the Consumables gallery and will be moved there in a future release.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players from another team to enter a team’s vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with the Mutator Zone that prevented the Railgun from dealing damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight to cast a solid black shadow.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle radios not working properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to not damage each other correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused holograms to have collision.
- Fixed an issue with the Rift-To-Go being placed in the wrong preferred slot.
- Added the Campfire device.
- This replacement for the old Cozy Campfire comes with a number of improvements and customization options.
- The new Campfire is a prop-based device rather than a trap-based device like the old Cozy Campfire.
- The old Cozy Campfire has been retired from the Device Gallery but will still spawn on islands on which they have been placed.
- This device has the following options:
- Start Lit: Yes, No (Default: No) – determines the state of the Campfire at game start.
- Can Be Lit: Yes, No (Default: Yes) – determines whether players can light the Campfire by interacting with it.
- Time To Light: 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 1.5 seconds, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, 7.5 seconds, 10 seconds (Default: 1 second) – determines the length of interaction required to light the fire.
- Can Be Extinguished: Yes, No (Default: Yes) – determines whether players can extinguish the Campfire by interacting with it.
- Time To Extinguish: 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 1.5 seconds, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, 7.5 seconds, 10 seconds (Default: 1 second) – determines the length of interaction required to extinguish the fire.
- Heal Zone Size: 50%, Default, 150%, 200%, 300% (Default: Default)
- Health Per Tick: 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100 (Default: 2) – determines how much health is restored each second to players within the Heal Zone.
- Enabled During Phase.
- Uses Wood: Yes, No (Default: No) – Determines whether the campfire required wood to stay lit.
- When the campfire is unlit and out of wood, interacting with the device will consume up to the Max Wood Capacity from the interacting player’s inventory.
- Wood Consumption Per Tick: 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 5 (Default: 1) – determines how much wood is consumed by the campfire each second while lit.
- Max Wood Capacity: 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210 (Default: 30) – determines the maximum amount of wood that can be added to the campfire.
- Starting Wood: 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210 (Default: 30) – determines the amount of wood that is in the campfire at game start.
- Wood To Add On Trigger: 5, 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120,150, 180, 210 (Default: 10) – determines the amount of wood added to the campfire when Add Wood When Receiving On is triggered.
- Interacting Team
- Interacting Team Options
- These two values determine which teams can interact with the Campfire.
- Affected Team
- Affected Team Options
- These two values determine which teams can be healed by the campfire.
- Interacting Class
- Affected Class
- These values determine which Class can interact with and be healed by the campfire.
- Light When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – lights the fire when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- Extinguish When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – extinguishes the fire when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- Add Wood When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – adds the amount of wood specified in Wood To Add On Trigger when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- When Lit Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when the fire is lit.
- When Extinguished Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when the fire is extinguished.
- When Entering Area Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when a player enters the healing zone of the campfire.
- When Leaving Area Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when a player leaves the healing zone of the campfire.
- On Campfire Pulse Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel with every healing tick while lit.
- On Player Pulsed Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel for each player affected (with that player as the instigator) with every healing tick while lit.
- Added new options to the Speaker device.
- The new options allow sounds to be played only for specific players and to allow sounds to play at the player location.
- Also added some new spooky sounds to the device.
- Can Be Heard By: Everyone, Instigators Only, Non-Instigators Only (Default: Everyone) – determines which players can hear the sounds played by the device.
- Play At Location: Device, Instigator (Default: Device) – determines whether the sounds from this device are played from the device itself or from the location of the registered instigators.
- Register Player When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – registers the player as an instigator to the device.
- Unregister Player When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – removes the player as an instigator from the device.
- Added new values and options to the Tracker device.
- Stat to Track: Score
- Target Value: Various value intervals up to 10,000
- Added new options to the Air Vent device.
- Enable SFX: Enable, Disable (Default: Enable) – determines whether to play sound effects from the device, irrespective of visibility.
- Enable VFX: Enable, Disable (Default: Enable) – determines whether to show VFX on the device, irrespective of visibility.
- Added a new option to the Color Changing Tile device.
- Allows access to a new tile style – Disco Floor.
- Appearance: Concrete, Disco (Default: Concrete).
- Added new options to the Shooting Gallery targets.
- Enable When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- Disable When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- When Hit Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- Added some new spooky themed tracks to the Radio device.
- Race Manager has received a UI update that improves readability and provides better support for team-specific racing paths.
- Fixed an issue that caused Barriers to eliminate players who were standing on them when they activated.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to build over a barrier.
- Fixed an issue with the visibility settings on the UFO spawner.
- Fixed an issue with the Ball Spawner device physics.
- The ‘Apply To’ setting now works correctly with the Visual Effect Powerup device
- Fixed an issue with Creature Spawners that caused them to stop spawning after a period of time.
- Fixed an issue with Cube Fiends that caused them to not move when first spawned.
- Sword in the Stone ‘vanish’ FX now only play during gameplay, not in Create mode.
- Sword in the Stone no longer places an unwanted sword as soon as it is selected from the quick bar.
- Fixed a bug where players are ejected from vehicles in shallow water.
- Addressed an issue where adding the Skydome Device to the hotbar resets the island visually.
- Fixed a bug where Match Making Portal Slow to Update.
- Addressed an issue where Creative Island images may reset to the original thumbnail image.
- Fixed Latency issues on XL Islands.
- Barrier Device Issues Summary.
Save The World
TACTICAL ASSAULT SLEDGEHAMMER ROLLS INTO THE ITEM SHOP AND BEAT BOT HITS THE ROAD!
TACTICAL ASSAULT SLEDGEHAMMER LEADS THE ATTACK
“Breach in 3, 2, 1…” – Sledgehammer
- Standard Perk: Assault Crit Damage
- Increase Assault and SMG Critical Damage by 75%
- Commander Perk: Assault Crit Damage
- Increase Assault and SMG Critical Damage by 225%
BEAT BOT HITS THE ROAD
Help Beat Bot make his way to the Radio Station to broadcast his Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road! The following modifiers will be active:
- Frenzied – Enemies move and attack 25% faster
- Slowing Pools – Eliminated enemies spawn a pool that slows Commanders
- Quickshot – Ranged weapons do more damage and reload faster
- Sprinters – Commanders have increased movement speed
Completing this quest will unlock Gold, Tickets, and the 2019 Hit the Road Loading Screen.
- Addressed an issue where wrong Event Ticket displayed on the Beyond Stellar Horizons quest.
- Fixed a bug where certain items do not count towards players “Search Anything” objective during re-supply mission.
- Fixed a bug where Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount.
Download free Fortnite update 3.26 for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.