Factorio Update 1.1.51 Patch Notes (Official) – January 18, 2022
Factorio update 1.1.51 is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Factorio patch notes, the latest update added quality of life improvements and changes.
Previously, a hotfix was released with various fixes for crashes and more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s Factorio patch 1.1.51 will address a few of these errors.
What is new in Factorio January 18 Update?
- When using /swap-players undo queues are now also swapped.
- Improve performance of querying if an entity is registered for deconstruction from O(N) to O(1).
- Adjusted default music volume.
- Addressed that if biters took damage from a forest fire, they would path toward the player who started it, no matter the distance.
- Addressed that replacing a tile between a colliding hidden tile (with check_collision_with_entities set to true) and an entity would not yield an item.
- Addressed that LuaGameScript::ban_player would incorrectly use reason as a player name when given player was never in game.
- Addressed that the saving progress bar and other popups were placed behind the transparent pause overlay.
- Addressed a scenario could be created with temporary-state trains which were not properly deleted.
- Addressed a crash when using –map-settings while loading a multiplayer map.
- Addressed that trying to manually mine a resource that needs a mining fluid would sometimes produce sound of mining.
- Addressed script rendered arcs could be considered invisible when they were visible.
- Addressed that LuaEntity::belt_neighbours would return LuaEntity based on EntityGhost’s inner entity, not the EntityGhost itself.
- Addressed fish preventing tiles building with check_collision_with_entities enabled.
- Addressed that trains would not account for the train stop snap distance when already at the train stop with the back of a train.
- Addressed the intro music volume being set incorrectly.
- Addressed that –start-server-load-latest when given an empty saves folder wouldn’t work correctly.
- Addressed missing efficiency tooltip and incorrect fuel consumption tooltip value in generator equipment with burner energy source.
- Addressed ghost electric poles connecting to ghost electric poles of other forces. Neutral force is exempt from this change.
- Addressed that biters would sometimes prefer running away over choosing another target.
- Addressed trains pathfinder would crash when a train is in a loop next to segment end and was requested to go to rail target in the middle of a loop.
- Addressed multi-level technologies showing the same saved progress in technology GUI.
- Addressed an icon of recipe notification on item group would show even if there are no recipes visible in a given context.
- Addressed a crash when defining too many icon variations.
- Addressed changing station name with rich text tags could crash when moving cursor by words.
- Addressed LuaBurner::inventory did not work correctly for some burner-energy-source entities.
- Addressed a crash caused by undoing an entity deconstruction which another player already cancelled.
- Added EntityPrototype::protected_from_tile_building, true by default. If set to false – entity won’t block tile mining/building (with `TilePrototype::check_collision_with_entities` enabled).
- Added LandMinePrototype::trigger_collision_mask.
- Added EntityWithOwnerPrototype.
- Added EntityWithOwnerPrototype::is_military_target and allow_run_time_change_of_is_military_target.
- SimpleEntityWithForce now inherits from SimpleEntityWithOwner.
- SpiderEnginePrototype::military_target is no longer used. If anything is provided it will make related SpiderVehiclePrototype to become a military target instead.
- Added LuaEntityPrototype::trigger_collision_mask read.
- Added LuaEntity::is_military_target read. This deprecates LuaEntity::is_entity_with_force.
- Added LuaEntityPrototype::is_entity_with_owner, is_military_target and allow_run_time_change_of_is_military_target read.
- Added LuaEntity::get_spider_legs().
- Added LuaEntity::neighbours read for cliffs.
Download free Factorio update 1.1.51 for PC(Steam).
Jack Johnson mainly writes about game-related news and updates. He is a passionate gamer, music lover, and traveler.