Factorio update 1.1.40 (Sep 22, 2021) is now available to download on PC. According to the official Factorio patch notes, the latest update added auth server bans feature for multiplayer games. Apart from this, Factorio patch 1.1.40 also various bug fixes and tweaks.
Previously, a hotfix was released with various fixes for crashes and more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s Factorio patch 1.1.40 will address a few of these errors.
Factorio 1.1.40 Patch Notes – September 22, 2021
Added auth server bans feature for multiplayer games. When enabled this will inform the Factorio.com authentication server of ban and unban commands issued in multiplayer sessions. Designed to combat griefers in multiplayer games, it will also query the authentication server for a ban recommendation when a user tries to connect.
- Addressed that trigger prototype flag filters didn’t work correctly when an entity had no flags set.
- Addressed a crash after inserting fuel into burner inserter while it was already trying to fuel itself.
- Addressed that unrelated entities were highlighted when using a cut tool.
- Addressed that in editor mode undoing deconstructions did not instantly revive affected entities.
- Addressed that setting the direction of a script created character entity didn’t work correctly.
- Addressed that items with fuel value would be put into furnace fuel inventory when there was enough fuel but item could be smelted.
- Addressed inserters picking up items on ground marked for deconstruction.
- Addressed that the low power tip didn’t show in some circumstances.
- Tweaked some of the triggers to show/skip tutorials related to drag building.
- Addressed that Furnace’s working_visualisations would not apply recipe tint on fadeout.
- Addressed crash due to usage of standard library function that is missing on macOS 10.11.
Download free Factorio update 1.1.40 for PC.