F1 22 update 1.06 details are now available for PS4, PS5(version 1.006.000) , PC, and Xbox console players. According to the F1 22 patch notes, the upcoming update will resolve issues related to VR, AI, audio, stuttering, and lag. Apart from this, F1 22 patch 1.06 (1.006) also includes general stability fixes.
Previously, a major update 1.05 added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several F122 issues.
F1 22 version 1.06 will address a few of these issues. Read more details here.
F1 22 Patch 1.06 Notes (PS5 Version 1.006) – July 15, 2022
- F1® 22 Vehicle Performance has been brought more in line with the real season. All F1® Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change
- ICE/MGU-H wear rate reduced to be less punishing while using automatic transmission
- Sector Time indicators will now show the expected colours when completing a lap
- Improved AI Logic at Pit Entry and Exit
- Addressed an issue where tyre temperatures are reset after pausing the game in online game modes
- Addressed an issue where, in some instances, ‘Broadcast’ Safety Car can cause all AI-controlled cars to overtake it, resulting in mass disqualifications
- Resolved an issue where Personnel Facility upgrades are not applying to drivers
- Fixed an issue where track grip could reduce between qualifying sessions
- Addressed an issue on Baku where the player could crash into Turn 15 on Baku when under AI control using flying lap
- Addressed an issue with tecpro barriers coming loose on Baku
- Colour for sponsors’ decals and badges can now be applied from a pre-set colour slot
- Sponsor Decals & Personal Stickers are now visible on the car in replay
- General Stability Improvements
- Various minor fixes
- Marc will now correctly mention icon drivers
- Addressed an issue where the wrong graphics card could be chosen on game launch which could have resulted in a crash
- Game will now correctly load when using Intel graphics cards (subject to minimum specs and models)
- Adjusted networking session searching so that NM14 errors are less likely to occur
- AI icon removed from the timing board during broadcast safety car
- Corrected Kevin Magnussen’s eye colour
- Collisions now correctly reported in UDP data
Two Player Career:
- Resolved an issue where, in some instances, players could not advance past Contract Negotiations in Two Player Career
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck after a season break in Two Player Career
- Improved mix of bottoming out in F1 cars, now more audible
- Improved performance and mix of tyre scrubs and skids
- Added new audio for Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
- Fixed an issue where the Race Engineer could incorrectly mention ‘Racing Point’ instead of Aston Martin
- Resolved an issue where headphones could not be selected as radio output device on PlayStation 4/5
- Fixed an issue relating to force feedback with several compatible Logitech wheels (G920, G29, and G923)
- Fixed an issue where the LED Tachometer (Rev Counter) lights were not working on Logitech wheelbases
- LSB & RSB buttons added for Thrustmaster T248 / T128 wheels on Xbox
- Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen
- Addressed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating
- Fixed issue with Oculus Rift CV1 due to Stencil Mesh being enabled by default
- Modified default settings to improve general compatibility
- Visual quality and performance optimisations
- Addressed a bug where sector timings not displaying
- Fixed broken barriers at Baku – Turn 19
- Addressed a bug where Broadcast Safety Car causes all AI to pass and sometimes receive DSQs
- Fixed a bug where tyre temperatures reset when pausing the game in Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where little to no force feedback when using Logitech G920/G29/G923
- Addressed a bug where Excessive DNFs at Baku when using Simulation Damage (My Team)
- Fixed an issue where excessive ICE/MGU-H wear when using automatic gears
- Addressed a bug where Involuntary head movement when braking and accelerating in VR
- Fixed a bug where Flying lap can cause damage on Baku – Turn 15
- Fixed an issue where engineer incorrectly states DSQ’d cars are still running
- Addressed a bug where engineer refers to Racing Point
- Engineer stops replying to certain questions
- Addressed various issues with career mode.
- Fixed a bug resulting in players being stuck on the loading screen when opening the game.
- Addressed various issues related to F122 login issues.
- Fixed black screen issue in VR and PC.
- Addressed random stutters and lag issues.
- Addressed various random game crashes.
- Fixed an issue where the game crashes on startup for some players.
- Added some sound issues in VR.
Related: Read F122 patch 1.004 release notes here.
- Added AI improvements.
- General stability and performance improvements added.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Note: The full changelog will be available soon.
Download links for F1 22 update 1.06 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Xbox Series X/S will go live soon.