F1 23 is now available on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox Consoles. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing various bugs and online issues. Today, we have compiled a list of F1 23 known issues, bugs, and glitches.
Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
List of all F1 23 Known Issues, Bugs and Workarounds
F1 23 Launch Error or Won’t start properly
Please make sure that your game files are not damaged. This can be done on PC(Steam), please right-click on the game in your library and then click on properties -> local files -> verify.
- Open Steam parameters (Steam > Parameters)
- Select the tab “Downloads”
- Click on the button “Clear download cache”
Also, disable the Antivirus and run the game.
Black Screen Issue
If you start a game and only see a black screen, try waiting 10-15 minutes on the black screen, the game may take some time to load on older hardware or high video settings.
If the issue persists you can try repairing the game files and/or try restarting your PC.
F1 23 Download stuck at 100% [Bug]
Players are reporting an issue where the F122 download is stuck at 100%.
Workaround: Use the admin account to install the game. Disable antivirus and try again.
According to some users, pause the download, close EA Play, and then load the Origin launcher. Resume the download from the Origin launcher, but select the same folder where you’ve installed most of it via EA Play.
F1 23 not recognizing wheel
Thrustmaster TX wheel owners are reporting an issue where the game is not recognizing my wheel.
Fix: You can download the newest driver from HERE
- In addition to installing this new driver, it is also recommended to disconnect your other USB gaming devices (such as USB shifter, USB handbrake, USB gamepad, etc.) in order to avoid any conflicts with USB wheels and/or USB pedal sets.
- If you are using a Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On simultaneously with a T-LCM Pedals set connected via USB, you must select NORMAL Mode (and not ADVANCED MODE) in the Thrustmaster Control Panel. You can select ADVANCED MODE only if the T-LCM Pedals set is connected directly to the Thrustmaster wheel base with the RJ12 cable.
There is a bug where game crashes shortly after startup on PC.
- Deleting the F1 23 folder inside C:\Users\[your_username_here]\Documents\My Games > delete folder called “F1 23” and it booted right up for me
- Try to use TAA or AMD FX instead of DLSS.
- Disable steam overlay (or the overlay of your client if you are not on Steam)
- Make sure your system is defaulted to using your dedicated GPU over any integrated graphics your system might have
- Run theSystem File Checker toolthen Check forWindowsandGPUupdates
- If you are on the latest GPU driver try rolling back to the previous one
- Make sure any power settings are not on energy-saving mode or limiting your device performance
- Close other running applications and anti-cheat, or try putting your device in aClean Bootand then running the game
- Ensure any security software (like an AV) is not interfering with your client and F1 or blocking the game’s files from being accessible
F1 23 Stuttering/ FPS Drop/ Graphics issues
Please make sure that you are in the range of specs listed here. The next step will be to check if your drivers are up to date.
Download the new driver and install it: Nvidia GeForce:
Check if your configuration meets the minimal requirement on the Steam Store page. Also, update your graphics card drivers from the link below.
Update or repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
- Clickhttps://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe(or use this mirror linkhttps://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572if the first link is broken)
- Run ‘vc_redist.x64.exe’
Update or repair Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
If you’re using a laptop, check if the game runs on the graphic card and not the integrated graphic chipset of the processor
F1 23 save files loading issue
Players are reporting an issue where the F1 23 game fails to load the last saved file. The game devs are working to address this issue.
No Engine or Commentator audio/voice
Players are reporting no commentator or engine sounds. While the subtitles are still displayed, you cannot hear the commentator’s voice lines. If you open one of the “Sound” tabs, you will see if there are issues with your sound drivers.
Note: There is no working fix right now. The developers are working on this issue.
Steering Wheel Not Detected in F1 23
Players are reporting that their steering wheels are not being detected by the F1 23.
Workaround: Disconnect the steering wheel and restart the game. Now connect the steering wheel and start the game.
F1 23 Split Timer Not Working Properly
The is an issue with the spit timer where it appears and disappears in the game. A fix is coming soon.
Restricted Online Access in F1 23
Players are getting an error “verify file integrity” in F1 23. Players are facing this issue when they try to play online.
Workaround: Verify the game’s files’ integrity and then restart your PC.
Related: F1 23 day one patch details.
There are multiple reports for controller issues in F122. A fix will roll out soon.
No Sound in F1 23 and Other Audio Issues and Fix
There are multiple reports of no sound-related issues in the F1 23 game.
Fix 1: Select Language (For Steam Users Only)
- Open Steam, and go to your games Library.
- Look for the F1 23 game.
- Right-click on it, and then select Properties.
- Now go to the Language option, and select your desired available language
- Force-select the language once again even if it is already selected.
- Close the Steam client and restart it.
This should fix your audio issues in F1 23. If not, head below and try another solution.
Fix 2: Change the Volume Mixing
You can change Volume Mixing from the default Windows Volume Mixer to address the F1 23 audio issue.
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right on the Windows Taskbar tray.
- Select Volume Mixer.
- Set the volume for “F1 23” is set to Max.
Fix 3: Update Default Speakers Format
- From the lower-right of your Windows Taskbar, right-click the Speaker icon
- Click on Sounds and then go to the Playback tab
- Now select the device you want to output the audio on
- Right-click on the device, and select Properties
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Change the default format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)
You also need to make sure to have Spatial Sound or Windows Sonic off.
Problems joining friends in lobbies or Career mode.
- The game devs are working on gathering more information on this.
Loyalty Pack items disappear after claiming them.
- The devs are aware of this issue and working to get it fixed.
Many of these bugs are known to the developers, who are working hard to fix them.