F1 2021 update 1.16 (1.016) will soon roll out on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox. According to the official F1 2021 1.16 patch notes, the latest update added Jeddah to the game. Apart from this, F1 2021 version 1.16 (1.016.000) also includes a long list of bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added a new DLC and various bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s F1 2021 version 1.16 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in F1 2021 1.16 patch notes?
- Addressed an issue where re-joining a qualifying session would result in the session timer being reset for that user.
- Addressed an issue where host and client could struggle to get into the same league event if they previously declined to proceed to the next session.
- Ghosting can now be disabled in Two-Player Career.
- Penalties given for collisions under the Safety Car will be more fairly distributed.
- Resolved a crash when attempting to back out from the Official F1® 2021 Championship and attempting to re-enter on consoles.
- Resolved a crash when selecting a salary with your current team having cancelled negotiations with them previously.
- Previous simulation settings in Grand Prix will now be remembered when starting a new Grand Prix event.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
- Fixed game crashing bugs.
- Added general stability fixes.
- Added performance improvements.
- Other minor bug fixes.
The following changes were added previously.
- Added Jeddah to the game.
Added a new option to enable or disable Pit Lane Tyre Temperature simulation so cars that box closer to the pit lane entrance are not disadvantaged by colder tyres as they exit the pit lane.
- 2021 Red Bull has been reverted to their traditional livery with a visual update to closer match the real season.
- Added option to disable driver moves in career.
- Equal performance has been added to Grand Prix mode using F1 2021 cars.
- Users kicked from a session due to the timer running out are no longer banned from the session.
- Host-spectators will now correctly see the race starts lights go out at the same time as racers.
- Fixed a bug where the “Advance” button could disappear from a career save.
- R&D progress history screen now looks correct with the increased number of available tracks.
- Victory VO can now correctly be previewed within the item store.
- Addressed an issue where users could go out of world in photo mode on Imola.
- Fanatec CSL DD pedals now have the correct brake and throttle thresholds.
- DRS white line has been adjusted on Imola to match the activation point.
- Added general stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
Download free F1 2021 update 1.16 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.