ESO update 1.35 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. According to the official ESO 1.35 patch notes, the new Elder Scrolls Online update 1.35 has added a new Summerset DLC. An entirely new zone is now available to explore. ESO version 1.35 update has added the Psijic Order skill line. You’ll gain access to five Active Abilities, five Passive Abilities, and a powerful Ultimate.
Also available is the highly anticipated Jewelry Crafting system that will now allow you to craft, upgrade, research, and transmute Rings and Necklaces. With the addition of Jewelry Crafting, there are 9 Traits that can be applied to jewelry – 6 of which are all new! These Traits can be discovered and researched by acquiring jewelry found in various activities throughout the game.
What’s New in ESO Summerset
Queen Ayrenn’s royal decree proclaims that Summerset, island home of the High Elves, now welcomes all visitors—travelers, traders, and immigrants alike! From the ports of Shimmerene to the throne city of Alinor, all of Summerset stretches before newcomers, providing endless opportunities for exploration and adventure. But not all High Elves agree with the royal decree. Worse, other threats arise during this period of change, including strange geysers, invading forces, and dangerous cultists that seek to overturn Altmer society. Summerset needs heroes. Are you ready to take up the challenge?
- Summerset is a new Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online, suitable for characters of all levels. You can travel to Summerset by a few different means:
- Use a Wayshrine to travel directly there
- Create a new character and complete the tutorial
- Accept “The Queens Decree” quest from the Stories section in the Collections UI
- This new Chapter includes a brand-new tutorial, zone story content, 6 Delves, 6 World Bosses, and 2 Public Dungeons – Sunhold and Karnwasten.
- Abyssal Geysers provide a new group challenge, which you can read about more below.
- New Item Sets found only in Summerset, detailed below.
- New Outfit and Housing rewards for completing select achievements and quest content.
Psijic Order Skill Line
Become a member of the ancient Psijic Order Guild and gain access to never before seen Psijic techniques. As you advance your rank, you delve deeper into the foundations of magic. The Psijic Order Skill Line consists of five active abilities, five passive abilities, and an Ultimate. The active abilities include the following:
- Time Stop: Slow down the passage of time so slow it eventually freezes, stunning all enemies in the area.
- Imbue Weapon: Enhance your weapon with energy, causing the next Light Attack to deal additional damage.
- Acceleration: Bend time and space around you, increasing you movement speed and the power of your Critical Strikes.
- Mend Wounds: Invoke the Rites of Moawita replacing your next Light Attack with a heal over time, or your next Heavy Attack with a channeled heal.
- Meditate: Learn to focus your mind into a relaxed state to restore Health, Magicka and Stamina.
- Undo (Ultimate): Walk backwards through time, reappearing at a prior location with the exact same Health, Magicka and Stamina values from 4 seconds prior.
The city of Cloudrest is home to the Aerie of Eton Nir, where an elite force of battlemages (the Welkynar of Eton Nir) are garrisoned alongside their faithful companion gryphons. The Aerie has guarded Summerset since the First Age, but the city of Cloudrest below now lies vacant. The last Welkynar of Eton Nir, Olorime, has returned only to find the city fallen to some fell power. She was reporting to the Queen on the successful capture of an infamous Sea Sload shadowcaster named Z’Maja. It was so cowed by the Welkynar’s valor that Z’Maja surrendered without a fight when they confronted her.
As you observe the city, you see black gryphons carrying black riders and giant shadowy tendrils from within the city itself. Eton Nir’s roost is home to more than just gryphons now, and you will have to defeat challenges both in the mundus and in a twisted shadow copy if you wish to stop the darkness that grows in Summerset’s very heart.
- Cloudrest is a 12-player Trial located on the tallest mountain within Summerset, Eton Nir.
- The Trial includes a Normal and challenging Veteran version.
- There are unique Item Sets (detailed further down) within the Trial including Perfected versions only found in the Veteran difficulty.
- Unique Achievement awards are available for completing the Trial, including:
- Unique Player Skin
- Several Titles
- Unique housing items
Jewelry Crafting is a new crafting Skill Line allowing you to craft, upgrade, research, and transmute Rings and Necklaces. Note that this skill line and use of the Jewelry Crafting station are only available to players who own the new Summerset chapter, but anyone can use crafted jewelry made by others. To gain the new Skill Line, simply touch one of the new Jewelry Crafting stations found all over the world: in towns, cities, and the Set Crafting locations.
- Just like Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, you gain Inspiration (crafting experience) in Jewelry Crafting by deconstructing items – in this case, Rings and Necklaces.
- You gain less Inspiration for deconstructing Jewelry that you yourself crafted.
- Note that any Rings or Necklaces obtained before Update 18 cannot be deconstructed. These items will have an additional note on their tooltip indicating as much. They can, however, be used for Research, or upgraded with Platings.
- Jewelry is made with new precious metal materials found in Seams, which are found all over Tamriel in rocky outcroppings, in the shade of cliffsides, or in other stony places – in much the same places you might find the Metals used in Blacksmithing. You can harvest raw jewelry crafting materials (called Dust) from these Seams, regardless of whether or not you own Summerset.
- Pewter: Lv. 1-25
- Copper: Lv. 26-50
- Silver: CP 10-60
- Electrum: CP 70-140
- Platinum: CP 150-160
- Jewelry is improved by using Platings. Platings can be refined from Plating Grains, which can be obtained by refining raw Dust or by deconstructing Jewelry.
- Terne: Improves from White to Green.
- Iridium: Improves from Green to Blue.
- Zircon: Improves from Blue to Purple.
- Chromium: Improves from Purple to Gold.
- Traits for Jewelry can be researched by obtaining a Ring or Necklace of the new trait and Researching it. The time required to research a new Trait is the same as other tradeskills – starting at 6 hours for your first trait, and doubling for each successive trait.
- Just like with other tradeskills, you can research items crafted by other players or those you find in the world. See below for information about how to find Jewelry in all the new Traits for your researching needs.
- Players with an ESO Plus membership will enjoy 10% faster research of all Jewelry Crafting Traits.
- A Jewelry Crafting Research Scroll is available from Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator, for 10 Writ Vouchers, and requires you have the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement to be purchased. As with other Research Scrolls, the Jewelry Crafting Research Scroll has a 20 hour cooldown, and removes one day off of your remaining research time.
- The Jewelry Crafting skill line has five new Passives.
- Engraver: Allows you to use higher-level Base Materials. The first rank (allowing use of Pewter) is granted for free upon obtaining the skill line.
- Keen Eye: Jewelry: Highlights Seams in the world with a golden glow.
- Jewelry Extraction: Increases the chance of getting Jewelry materials from deconstructing Jewelry, and allows you to obtain more powerful Plating Grains from refining raw Dust.
- Lapidary Research: Decreases the time required to research a new Trait.
- Note that, unlike other tradeskills’ research-improving passives, Lapidary Research will not allow you to research additional lines of equipment.
- There are new Jewelry Crafting Writs you can perform. To become certified to do Jewelry Crafting Writs, visit Felarian outside the crafting district in the city of Alinor, in Summerset.
- Once certified, you can pick up a Jewelry Crafting Writ from the Equipment Crafting Writ Boards in many cities across Tamriel.
- You can now obtain Jewelry Crafting Master Writs as a potential reward from completing normal Jewelry Crafting Writs.
- Much like other tradeskills’ Master Writs, these come in a tradeable, sellable item. Once you consume the item, however, the quest is bound to you and must either be completed or abandoned.
- Learning additional Traits in Jewelry Crafting will increase your chances of obtaining a Jewelry Crafting Master Writ.
- You can craft Jewelry at the Set Crafting areas all around (and beyond) Tamriel.
- Crafting a Ring or Necklace in a Crafted Set requires Trait knowledge. This is the same number of Traits you need to know for the other tradeskills – for instance, crafting a Hunding’s Rage Ring requires knowing 6 different Traits for Rings.
- You can now obtain Jewelry Crafting Stations from Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator.
- A normal Jewelry Crafting station costs 125 Vouchers and requires the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement.
- An Attunable Jewelry Crafting Station costs 250 Vouchers, and requires the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement. Attunable Stations can be used at any Set Crafting location in the world to attain that location’s special set properties.
- Reminder: You must own ESO: Summerset in order to use a Jewelry Crafting station.
Jewelry Crafting Traits
With the introduction of Jewelry Crafting, there are now nine Traits that can be applied to Rings and Necklaces. The six new Traits will not drop on existing item sets or from most sources in the game; rather, jewelry exhibiting each Trait can be acquired by participating in specific activities in the game. (The original three Traits – Arcane, Healthy, and Robust – will continue to appear on the jewelry found throughout the world).
- Arcane: Increases Magicka
- Arcane Rings and Necklaces can be found all over Tamriel as drops, quest rewards, or set items.
- The Trait Material, Cobalt, can be created by refining Pulverized Cobalt, which is found by deconstructing Arcane jewelry or by refining raw Dust.
- Healthy: Increases Health
- Healthy Rings and Necklaces can be found all over Tamriel as drops, quest rewards, or set items.
- The Trait Material, Antimony, can be created by refining Pulverized Antimony, which is found by deconstructing Healthy jewelry or by refining raw Dust.
- Robust: Increases Stamina
- Robust Rings and Necklaces can be found all over Tamriel as drops, quest rewards, or set items.
- The Trait Material, Zinc, can be created by refining Pulverized Zinc, which is found by deconstructing Robust jewelry or by refining raw Dust.
- Triune: Increases Health, Stamina, and Magicka
- A Triune Ring is found in Gladiator’s Rucksacks, obtained from Conquest Board dailies in Cyrodiil.
- The Trait Material, Dawn-Prism, is purchased from War Researchers in Cyrodiil for 100,000 AP per unit.
- Harmony: Increases the power of activated Synergy effects
- A Harmony Ring or Necklace is found rarely in the Undaunted Reward chests located in the Undaunted camps near alliance capitals.
- The Trait Item, Dibellium, is found in Daily Dungeon LFG reward system mails.
- Swift: Increases your non-mounted movement speed
- You can obtain a Swift Ring or Necklace by completing your daily Jewelry Crafting Writs.
- The Trait Material, Gilding Wax, can be purchased from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, for 20 Vouchers.
- Infused: Increases the power of the Enchantment on that piece of Jewelry
- You can rarely obtain an Infused Ring or Necklace from Psijic Portals all over Tamriel (visible only if you have the Psijic Order skill line unlocked, available in the Summerset Chapter).
- You can also obtain the Trait Material, Aurbic Amber, or its raw form, Pulverized Aurbic Amber, from Psijic Portals. The pre-refined form is much rarer than the raw form.
- Protective: Increases Physical and Spell Resistance
- Jewelry in the Protective Trait is obtained by completing the Summerset main quest and Psijic Order quest lines. (A Ring is obtained for completing Summerset’s main quest, while a Necklace is obtained for completing the full Psijic Order quest line.)
- The Trait Material, Titanium, is found rarely in precious metal seams all over Tamriel, but are found more often in seams found on Summerset.
- Bloodthirsty: Increases the damage you deal to low-health foes
- You can rarely obtain a Bloodthirsty Ring or Necklace in the weekly quest reward boxes of Trials.
- The Trait Material, Slaughterstone, is found in those same reward boxes the rest of the time.
- Once a trait is researched, you may use any Transmutation Station to change the Trait of your jewelry to that new trait. This costs the same amount of Transmute Stones (50) as transmuting any other piece of equipment.
New Item Sets
There are 10 new Item Sets available from a variety of sources. 3 Item Sets are available at crafting stations in Summerset, 3 Item Sets are available as drops throughout Summerset, and 4 Item Sets are available as drops in the new Trial, Cloudrest.
- Crafted Sets
- Adept Rider
- 2 – 2975 Spell Resist
- 3 – 2975 Physical Resist
- 4 – 1206 Max Health
- 5 – While mounted, you gain Major Evasion, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. Dismounting spawns a dust cloud at your position for 12 seconds that deals 1436 Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies who stand inside it. You and group members inside the dust cloud gain Major Evasion. The dust cloud can be created once every 12 seconds.
- Sload’s Semblance
- 2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 – 129 Spell Damage
- 4 – 129 Weapon Damage
- 5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
- Nocturnal’s Favor
- 2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
- 3 – 1206 Max Health
- 4 – 1206 Max Health
- 5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.
- Summerset Zone Sets
- Light – Wisdom of Vanus
- 2 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 3 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 4 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 5 – After landing a Full Heavy Attack, gain Major Mending for 3 seconds, increasing your healing done by 25%. This duration is increased with each rank of the Restoration Staff passive Essence Drain when using a Restoration Staff.
- Medium – Gryphon’s Ferocity
- 2 – 833 Weapon Critical
- 3 – 833 Weapon Critical
- 4 – 129 Weapon Damage
- 5 – After dealing direct damage, gain Minor Force and Minor Expedition for 3 seconds, increasing your Critical Damage done by 10% and increasing your Movement Speed by 10%.
- Heavy – Grace of Gloom
- 2 – 1206 Max Health
- 3 – 4% Healing Taken
- 4 – 1206 Max Health
- 5 – When you take damage from a single target direct attack or ability, you have a 10% chance to become a living shadow, causing your light and heavy attacks to heal you for 3440 and gaining Major Evasion for 5 seconds, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.
- Trial Sets – These sets are based off the four Griffin Riders of the Trial and are the normal sets; the Perfected versions have a slightly higher 5 piece set bonus.
- Light DPS – Mantle of Siroria
- 2 – 129 Spell Damage
- 3 – Minor Slayer , increasing damage done to Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
- 4 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 5 – Direct damage with single target abilities creates a ring of fire beneath you for 10 seconds. Standing in the ring grants 30 Spell Damage, this effect can stack up to 20 times for a total of 600 Spell Damage.
- Light Healer – Vestment of Olorime
- 2 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 3 – Minor Aegis, reducing damage taken by Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
- 4 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 5 – Ground based effect abilities cast apply a circle of might on the ground. Allies in the circle gain Major Courage, granting 258 Weapon and Spell Damage.
- Medium – Arms of Relequen
- 2 – 833 Weapon Critical
- 3 – Minor Slayer, increasing damage done to Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
- 4 – 833 Weapon Critical
- 5 – Light and Heavy attacks apply harmful winds to the target for 5 seconds, dealing 200 Physical Damage per second per stack. Stacks up to 20 times.
- Heavy – Aegis of Galanwe
- 2 – 1206 Max Health
- 3 – Minor Aegis, reducing damage taken by Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
- 4 – 4% Healing Taken
- 5 – After successfully blocking, you have a 50% chance to empower 3 allies. Empower increases the damage of their next Light Attack by 40%.
This update brings a number of new Collectibles to ESO for you to obtain from various sources:
- Public Dungeons
- The Big-Eared Ginger Kitten Pet is earned by finding the seven Runebox Fragments containing its collar, sleeping-basket, milk saucer, and other necessities from the Karnwasten Public Dungeon, and combining them into a Runebox.
- The Sea Sload Dorsal Fin Memento is obtained by completing the quest “An Unexpected Betrayal” in the Karnwasten Public Dungeon.
- The Psijic Glowglobe Emote is earned by finding its seven Runebox Fragments from the Sunhold Public Dungeon, and combining them into a Runebox.
- The Gryphon Feather Talisman Memento is obtained by completing the quest “Sunhold Sundered” in the Sunhold Public Dungeon.
- The Collectible Trophy of Z’Maja is obtained for completing the new Cloudrest Trial on any difficulty.
- The Collectible Bust of Z’Maja is obtained for completing the new Cloudrest Trial on Veteran difficulty.
- The Z’Maja’s Shadow Skin is obtained by completing the new Cloudrest Trial achievement, Cloudrest Vanquisher, on Veteran Hard Mode.
- The Psijic Skullcap Hat is earned by completing the quest “The Towers’ Fall”, in Summerset.
- The Face Imprint of the Psijic Order, a Face Markings collectible, is obtained by completing the quest “The Shattered Staff”, in Summerset.
- The Body Imprint of the Psijic Order, a Body Markings collectible, is earned by completing the quest “The Towers’ Remains” in Summerset.
- The Mystic Eye Psijic Cuirass, an Outfit Style, is obtained by completing the quest “The Crystal Tower”, in Summerset.
- The Psijic Warden Gauntlets, an Outfit Style, is obtained by completing the quest “Lost in Translation”, in Summerset.
- The Fan of False-Face, a Collectible Furnishing, is obtained by completing the Relics of Summerset achievement.
Psijic Portals are invisible to the untrained eye – only those with the “See the Unseen” passive, granted as part of the Psijic Skill Line, can see these portals and interact with them.
- Psijic Portals appear rarely, in similar places to those one might expect to find Enchanting resources – near ancient ruins, destroyed buildings, and other relics of the past.
- Psijic Portals contain items based on the location you find them in. This includes:
- A random Set Item, from the Sets that can drop from monsters or treasure chests in the place you found it. For instance, a Psijic Portal found in Auridon might drop a piece of the Elegance set. These set items will always be at least Blue quality, and may sometimes be Purple quality.
- An Aspect, Essence, and Potency Rune.
- The Aspect Rune is never a Ta (white) rune. It is always at least green-quality, and may be up to gold-quality.
- The Essence rune may be any Essence rune currently in the game, including, rarely, a Prismatic rune.
- The Potency rune is based on your Level or Passive rank, in a 50/50 split.
- Rarely, you may obtain a Motif chapter from a Psijic Portal. These Motif chapters are from a Motif found within that zone – for instance, a Psijic Portal in Clockwork City could grant you a Clockwork Apostle motif chapter.
- Psijic Portals may include Infused jewelry, or its associated trait materials; Pulverized Aurbic Amber, or refined Aurbic Amber, as noted above in the Jewelry Crafting section.
- Very rarely, a Psijic Portal may contain a single draught of Psijic Ambrosia.
Abyssal Geysers are new events found only in Summerset, pitting you and your allies against wave upon wave of foes, capped off by a fight against a boss monster. Depending on how well you and your allies perform, you may fight against a Yaghra Monstrosity or one of a number of deadlier, more rewarding named bosses.
- Fighting a Yaghra Monstrosity provides a guaranteed Ring or Necklace in either the Grace of Gloom, Gryphon’s Ferocity, or Wisdom of Vanus item sets, among other loot.
- Fighting one of the named Bosses guarantees the Ring or Necklace will be at least Blue quality, and sometimes Purple quality. In addition, you’ll receive a guaranteed Jewelry Enchantment of at least Blue quality, among other loot.
- Regardless of which Boss you fight, at the end of the Geyser, you’ll be able to open a Shell Trove for additional rewards: another Set Ring or Necklace, a chance at Psijic Motif chapters, and a chance at unique clammy furnishings.
There are two new homes in Summerset now available for you to purchase:
- Golden Gryphon Garret: A modest, single-room dwelling, but the advantage of this inn apartment is its unrivaled location, just steps from the gates of Alinor. That, and the rare prestige of an Alinor address!
- Alinor Crest Townhouse: On the heights of Alinor, with easy access to the Royal Palace, this splendid mansion was built as a consulate for the Bosmeri Ambassador of the Camoran Dynasty. With the ambassador now in Elden Root, the townhouse is available for you!
Fisherfolk across Summerset have started reporting unusual bottles showing up in their catch. These bottles are of Pyandonean origin, and appear to contain crafting materials intended for Maormer agents in Summerset. Preliminary reports of their contents include:
- Chapters describing the Pyandonean style in detail
- Sea Serpent Hide, used for crafting in the Pyandonean style
- Clam Gall and Powdered Mother of Pearl
- Miscellaneous other crafting materials, including Runestones and improvement materials
You can read full ESO update 1.35 Patch Notes here.