Elite Dangerous Odyssey update 3 is now available for players. According to the official Elite Dangerous patch notes, the latest a long list bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Previously, a big update added gameplay changes, balancing, and a long list of bug fixes.
Unfortunately, some players are still experiencing issues while playing the game. Today’s patch will fix a few of these issues.
Elite Dangerous Patch 3 Changelog
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash related to occlusion culling.
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash relating to Settlement data.
- A fix has been implemented to address crashes encountered during fleet carrier jumps.
- MapUI – A fix has been implemented to address a random crash when exiting the system map.
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash with the kinematics system.
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash during Multi Crew caused by vessel handling.
- A fix has been implemented to address the turbolift becoming unusable if a player is dropped from the session while using it.
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash if the current vessel is “docked” but not allocated a landing pad (i.e. its being swapped to or from).
- A fix has been implemented to address issues where the player can become desycned with their server inventory when donating fuel.
- A fix has been implemented to address a crash if a control bindings preset file is empty.
- Interior shadow optimisations have been implemented.
- A fix has been implemented to address an issue whereby cockpit environment maps sometimes stalled updates when using the Camera Suite.
- Terrain optimisations have been made.
- An issue has been fixed whereby the bounding sphere used for culling was not central to the object.
- Fixed mod slot data not being set for fully upgraded suits in Loadouts.
- Split off ‘Create Loadout screen’ from ‘Edit Loadout screen’
- The new loadout flow now starts without a suit selected, requiring the player to select the “add suit” button. Now presented in the same way as the weapon slots.
- When a suit or weapon is selected in loadout creation, there are now options to equip or customise.
- Added silhouette to ‘Create Loadout’ screen, displayed until a suit is selected.
- “Use loadout” is now focused by default in the Edit Loadout screen
- Added toast notification when loadout is equipped
- Various text changes have been made.
- In the loadout browser, the equipped loadout is now always shown as the first item, and focused on after being equipped.
- The loadout title has been made multiline to prevent name clipping in Role Panel.
- Suit/Weapon browser: Added “percentage change” as a type of stat display, and converted to enum (with existing “value” and “bar” types)
- Suit/Weapon browser: Improved and fixed the way stats are displayed and how stat comparison is calculated before being passed to the UI
- Suit/Weapon browser: cleaned up deprecated stats that are no longer displayed
- Suit/Weapon browser: Fixed the weapon reload stat to use the correct weapon data value
- Suit/Weapon browser: Changed damage multiplier stats to damage resistances, which are percentages to match the suit stats
- Suit/Weapon browser: Renamed “reload time” stat to “reload speed” to match value
- Suit/Weapon browser: Fixed some layout issues with the stat item renderer
- Sampling tool results text on the humanoid HUD has been enabled to be split across multiple lines
- Fixed FSS UI jitters when in fullscreen mode
- TransactionPanel – Fixed visual error when going from an empty category to one with items
- TransactionPanel – Fixed the community goals icon not showing.
- NavigationPanel – The navigation panel will now add the next route destination to the list of destinations, allowing you to untarget that destination, enter Supercruise, and target it again.
- Fixed alignment issues in on-foot Navigation Panel layout.
- MapUI – In Carrier mode, an issue has been fixed whereby the cancel jump button did not work
- MapUI – Fixed an issue which set the stored ships counter to 0 in the system map
- MapUI – The Mission Threat icon will now only display when the surface mission threat is 7 or higher
- MapUI – Opening the galaxy map from the commodities market should now show the correct item selected in the material list (previously this showed the correct information but showed the wrong item)
- MapUI – Fixed centering and opacity of icons
- MissionUI – Fixed a visual bug in the transaction panel details. The mission threat icon will only display when the mission has a threat level of 7 or higher
- MissionUI – Illegal Mission text has been moved in various panels and a new label has been created to contain the mission type.
- The font size has been adjusted in the rewards item boxes, on mission completion in the mission board.
- Missing mission hub popup button backgrounds have now been added
- Fixed a focus/select issue in the mission hub popup
- Fixed a focusing issue with the bartender selling panel
- Fixed issues with Tech Brokers whereby requirements were showing when they shouldnt have been. The layout has been made more dynamic to account for this.
- Added pledge indicator to station services hud
- Unlocked focus manager when hiding social panel popup in cockpit chat panel
- Fixed icons in buttons of social panel popup
- Fixed an issue in the starport menu where the wrong jurisdiction logo would appear (homepage + welcome animation)
- Fixed missing audio cues for installing carrier services
- Added starport menu banner UI streams for Default & Engineer
- Made the ‘transfer all’ buttons wider in transfer UI for on foot Commanders
- Added modifications tab to the shop / stored modules browser in the outfitting UI, in the same style as the ship loadout slots display.
- A UI element will only be displayed when you have engineered modules stored at the current location/station
- An icon will now appear next to module name when modified.
- Fixed the modifications tab not appearing when selecting a slot for a modified modules, when the currently installed items in the group are not modified.
- Fixed an issue with the settlement terminal mission board returning to the social space terminal UI
- Added notifications when a shuttle/dropship is about to leave without the player
- Disabled direct access to the comms panel in the tutorial
- Removed a step in the weapon customisation UI flow for selecting weapon paintjobs category
- Fixed an issue whereby the passenger lounge icon on the mission board remained highlighted blue after handing in completed missions
- Added mission rewards to the transaction panel
- Fixed the preset text on the controls menu screen on the pause menu
- Added a ‘resupply’ button to the Boarding UI that restocks consumables and weapon ammo
- NPCs highlighted on the staff list in settlement terminals should no longer show up on the radar
- When comparing suit stats, mods are now taken into account
- AI no longer become hostile to players targeted by settlement defences, if the settlement defences are not hostile towards the thing they are targeting.
- Fixes to AI ships docking and launching have been implemented, so that AI ships should no longer get stuck waiting to dock or launch, including player taxis.
- When at a social space, your suit voice will now mention when your shuttle is about to depart or depart without you
- During transitions between vessels (foot, SRV, ship), the audio perspective orientation will no longer shift randomly, so in turn will sound smoother.
- Issues with doors and airlocks sometimes sounding too quiet or muffled will now be fixed.
- A fix has been implemented for broken power pip sounds on non-helm crew-mate after a supercruise journey.
- Audio optimisations on weapons have been made.
- Sounds have been implemented for when sliding down steep inclines.
- Missing sounds in shipyard, when accessed from a social space, have now been added.
- Fixedissues around system map sounds when using apex and frontline solution maps.
- The landing pad barrier raising now has a sound. This occurs after a shuttle drops you off at a social space.
- Fixed ship malfunction audio returning the wrong result in multicrew vessels after system jumps.
- Fixed issues with audio code so that existing voice lines and notifications appear at the same time.
- Fixed a voice line playing incorrectly for dropships and erroneously when the player had already reached the hangar.
- Updates made to some engineer’s faces.
- Reload and Switch Tool Mode bindings can now be custom bound to the same button.
- Changed ‘and’ in keyboard and mouse control scheme names to now use ‘&’ so that ‘Control Pad Yaw with Keyboard & Mouse’ can fit in the drop down list.
- SRV paintjobs have been rebalanced for the new lighting and PBR system.
- Fixed incorrect previews being shown in holo-me.
- Fixed an issue where saving or creating a new avatar could result in it getting the emergency background and thus have very red lighting occur.
- The Helmet is now always on for the Loadouts.
- An issue has been fixed whereby players could prematurely reactivate the reactor shutdown process before it had fully powered back up, which would then prevent it from powering down.
- Fires have been updated so that AI will no longer accidentally walk into them during gun fights.
- A number of fixes have been implemented to address some building/room lights not turning off when a reactor is shut down.
- A fix has been implemented for an issue where airlocks would become stuck closed after the alarms had been decativated (also resulting in AI getting stuck).
- A fix has been implemented for an issue whereby at POIs, AI sometimes spawned under the ground.
- A number of fixes have been implemented to address exterior terminals not powering down at offline settlements.
- A fix has been implemented to address an issue where the arc cutter would get stuck in the corners of panels during a cut
- Fixed an issue with player’s getting docking crimes at an offline settlement.
- Stopped the powerlink from being able to charge when not remaining directed at the recharge port.
Lighting & VFX
- Improvements to spotlights on damaged station doors have been implemented.
- a fix for the De-pressurisation VFX has been made – it should now trigger correctly on de-pressurising a building or room
- Visual improvements to station exteriors have been made.
- Visual improvements and fixes to spotlights and lensflares in planet port hangars have been made.
- Visual improvements to under repair and damaged hangars floodlights have been made.
- Visual improvements to Fleet Carrier floodlights and lensflares have been made.
- Visual improvements to Capital Ship lighting have been made.
- Salvage missions (and others with required micro resources) will no longer include non-mission micro resources in their count of the mission related micro-resources.
- Filled in the gap in the underside of a wreckage in the Thargoid Crash Site POI.
- Fixed POIs spawning all over the galaxy.
- A fix has been implemented whereby lensflares were sometimes being captured in the avatar portrait captures.
- Fixes for artefacts seen on the Wanderer Outfit have been implemented.
- All bobbleheads have been updated to the PBR pipeline.
- Hair will no longer change colour at different distances.
- Improvements to matchmaking when in wings have been made.
- Fixed error occurring when deleting flight suit loadout.
- Fixed black adder transaction error when donating fuel to fleet carriers.
- Redistributed weapon and suit vendor allocations.
- Fixed some unlocalised text in the known engineer UI.
- An issue has been fixed with the referral request for Hero Ferrari incorrectly stating 5 settlement defence plans are required, rather than 15.
- Fixed some combat bonds for destroying Thargoids being lower on Odyssey than Horizons.
- Multiple fleet carrier jump optimisations and stability improvements have been made.
- An issue has been fixed whereby dying in SRV caused players to enter the ship rebuy flow when they relog.
- Fixed an issue whereby non carrier modules could be equipped onto a fleet carrier.
- A fix has been implemented whereby some Commander and NPC crew and skill rank progress notifications were not triggering correctly.
- Some server optimisation and stability improvements have been made.
Settlements (new for Odyssey)
- Corrected an upside-down decorative screen attached to a shelving unit.
- Corrected an interior pillar which was disappearing at a short distance
- Corrected bunk bed details disappearing at a short distance
- Updated the grille behind the fan in the Industrial/Power building exterior to fix a LOD issue
- Fixed floating explosive canisters
- Fixed some bad start positions for settlement AI
- Improved patrols in Large research building
- Corrected misaligned window shutters in the Medium-sized Extraction building
- Fixed z-fighting seen on the stairs in a Power building
- Added missing room geometry portal to the roof of smaller buildings
- Corrected various areas with missing or incorrectly aligned portals
- Updated mining drill room geometry to cover the entire room
- Correcte a gap in the room geometry in the industrial loading bay
- Cleaned up duplicated portals in engineer base, adding a missing portal to a window
- Made certain curved window portals match the bounds of the window
- Edited culling on turbo lifts.
- Terrain texture quality is only reduced when not in a room adjacent to the outside. This stops the aggressive texture pop-in when walking out of airlocks.
- Added room geometry to all spawn cupboards to stop them being culled incorrectly.
- Fixed a culling issue around research building exterior.
- Corrected the offset pipes outside Ram Tah’s Engineer Base
- Corrected the wall blocking the hangar bay doors at Pads 6 and 7 of Selene Jean’s Engineer Base
- Removed errant pipe in Large hangars
- Added some extra details to the Frontline signage surround, seen behind desks and in the turbolift lobby
- Fixed emissive light lodding out on lift surround and added occlusion geometry to lift doors and surround
- Fixed a spot where the player could get stuck down the back of the furniture
- Arx will now be awarded for Odyssey gameplay, including –
- First footfall
- Organic sample
- Organic analysis
- Suit/Weapon buy/sell/upgrade
- Suit/Weapon modify
- Selling goods/assets/data
- Combat zones on foot – winning and capturing point
- Shuttle travel