Doom Eternal version 1.16 is now available for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Doom Eternal update 1.16 patch notes, the latest update brings quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Doom Eternal patch 1.16 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, an update was released with a whole new arena for BATTLEMODE and a host of improvements, bug fixes and new contents.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Doom Eternal version 1.16 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Table of Contents
What is new in Doom Eternal update 1.16?
New Game Improvements for ALL platforms
- Weapon Quick Switch has been enabled again in both Campaign and BATTLEMODE.
- Made further improvements to networking latency in BATTLEMODE.
- Added the ability for the Mancubus to shoot after starting a double jump in BATTLEMODE.
- Maykr Drones have been added back in to some loadouts in BATTLEMODE bonus loot drops have been removed from headshots against the Maykr Drone in BATTLEMODE.
New BATTLEMODE Balance Updates for PC Only
- Reduced The Slayer’s Precision Bolt damage in BATTLEMODE against player demons from 400 damage to 300 damage.
- Reduced The Slayer’s starting bullet ammo in BATTLEMODE from 84 bullets to 72 bullets.
Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Gladiator failing to drop health while staggered.
- Fixed an issue with the Khan Maykr failing to drop health when Blood Punched.
- Fixed a rare issue where AI became invulnerable after a failed Glory Kill.
- Fixed issues with the Cacodemon not responding appropriately to Meathook or Blood Punch attacks while choking on a grenade.
- Fixed an issue with Zombies ragdolling incorrectly when killed.
- Fixed Baron of Hell leg animations displaying incorrectly in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a graphics issue with the gibs that display when Glory Killing the Archvile from the front.
- Fixed an issue in Extra Life Mode that caused extra lives to be removed during the Revenant gameplay sequence in Cultist Base.
- Fixed an issue causing notifications for rewards to display repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where challenges would display on screen for an extended period if another challenge was completed while being displayed.
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE when backing out of a private match.
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the Round Upgrade menu.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where selecting a demon simultaneously would display podiums incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf didn’t always deal damage and explode when attacking The Slayer.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE with the Damage Report displaying incorrect damage numbers.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause health/ammo loot visuals to persist when Loot Block was used while the slayer was chainsawing AI.
- Fixed several descriptions for BATTLEMODE Round Upgrades to more accurately reflect current functionality.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where level progress would sometimes display incorrectly to other players in the lobby.
BATTLEMODE Fixes for PC Only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause the title to crash when loading into a match with HDR enabled on some graphics cards.
- Fixed a rare crash when the Archvile teleported while the BFG was equipped in BATTLEMODE.
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where enemy hit sound effects would revert to default after installing a new game patch.
Free Doom Eternal update 1.16 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.