Doom Eternal 1.05 (June 25, 2020) is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Doom Eternal update 1.05 patch notes, the latest update added a host of improvements, bug fixes and new contents. Apart from this, Doom Eternal version 1.05 also includes a whole new arena for BATTLEMODE.
Previously, an update was released with some minor bug fixes and changes. Unfortunately, since the launch, many players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Doom Eternal version 1.05 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Doom Eternal 1.05 changelog?
Prepare for TORMENT
The latest map for BATTLEMODE, Torment.
Torment sends the Slayer and Demon team down perilous halls adorned with overgrown foliage and cryptic markings.
Mastering this map requires keen use of angles down the narrower stretches of the map. The Slayer can make use of Torment’s jump pads to cover considerable ground but be warned: A Demon’s well-placed trap around some of the arena’s tight corners could turn a maneuver into a massacre instantly!
In addition to adding a new map to BATTLEMODE, Update 2 also brings enhancements to DOOM Eternal’s multiplayer mode. On top of your standard bug fixes and optimizations, the patch brings latency improvements and the ability to tailor separate, custom keybinds to each demon – giving you just the right setup to match how you play BATTLEMODE’s playable hellions!
CASTLE GRAYSCALE MINI-EVENT IS NOW LIVE featuring the Black & White Pain Elemental, Mancubus, the “Old Timey Evil” GIBBO Collectibles mascot icon and so much more
New Game Improvements for ALL platforms
Even More Empowered Demons will be busting into your campaign for an added challenge! These buffed baddies have more health and will take more firepower to take down, but will also yield more armor & ammo when killed. Toggle Empowered Demons ON/OFF in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options.
Note: They will no longer carry player names of fallen Slayers over their heads, only their demon names.
BATTLEMODE Latency Improvements We made a number of improvements to address latency issues in BATTLEMODE to ensure better matches. This is part of our ongoing latency improvements that we plan to support in more updates.
Boosters Menu Improvements We have made it easier than ever to both view and claim XP through several changes made to the Boosters menu. Make sure to always have three players selected at all times to maxamize the amount of free XP you can passively earn through their playing campaign and BATTLEMODE. Keep in mind you can switch which players to elect to be your active Boosters roster at any time in the Boosters menu.
Photo Mode Improvements In this Update we equipped The Slayer with a nice beefy lighting overhaul when in Photo Mode, so no more shady Slayers lurking in the shadows! If only we could all be so grossly incandescent.
Pin Your Favorite Podium and Skin to the Main Menu as a Favorite Prior to Update 2, whichever Character skin and podium set you had last viewed would auto-assign itself as the default set on display in the main menu. In response to your community feedback, we have added a new ‘Favorite’ feature for customization items so that you can set your Favorite character skin and podium as the default in the main menu.
Customization Menu Origins With so many great cosmetics being added every month, we thought it might be helpful to further flesh out the context of where each item comes from. The customization menu now shows which set each items comes from.
Custom Keybinds for Every Demon Added functionality to support unique keybinds for demons in BATTLEMODE. You asked for it, you got it!
Fixes for ALL Platforms
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in BATTLEMODE that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the post-match screen in private matches
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards
Fixes for Xbox One only
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill
Fixes for PS4 only
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would causes damage indicators to persist on screen after respawning
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title
- Addressed crashing issues during various levels.
- Added matchmaking improvements.
- Addressed frame rate drop and freezing issues.
- Addressed stuttering and lag issues.
- Performance and stability improvements added.
- Added other minor under the hood fix.
- Fixed crash affecting some users during the final level
- Doom Eternal 1.05 fixed Photo Mode images not saving on PC
- Photo Mode images now save here: C:\Users\<UserName>\Saved Games\id
- Improved regional availability of game servers when matchmaking as a team
Download free Doom Eternal update 1.05 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.